Author Topic: Kemba’s got to go...  (Read 46889 times)

Re: Kemba’s got to go...
« Reply #105 on: February 06, 2021, 12:41:37 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Definite choker and washed up has been. Definitely has to go. Trade him tomorrow!

They'll be lucky to get a second round pick for him. ;D

« Reply #106 on: February 06, 2021, 01:08:43 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1440
Definite choker and washed up has been. Definitely has to go. Trade him tomorrow!

They'll be lucky to get a second round pick for him. ;D

That was really his first good game since he’s been back. Hopefully he can build on it. 3pt% still needs to get better. 2-7 tonight
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #107 on: February 06, 2021, 01:27:57 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 733
Didn't Kemba just say he will change his game to follow Brown and Tatum? Sounds like a good move, give him some time.

Please be specific. Did Walker, in fact, say this ? When ...... and where was it reported ?
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #108 on: February 06, 2021, 02:46:58 AM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1679
Didn't Kemba just say he will change his game to follow Brown and Tatum? Sounds like a good move, give him some time.

Please be specific. Did Walker, in fact, say this ? When ...... and where was it reported ?

Jay King
@ByJayKing
·
Jan 29
Kemba Walker said he doesn’t want Jayson Tatum or Jaylen Brown to adjust now that they’re all back on the court together. Walker said he’ll be the one to make the adjustments. He wants Tatum and Brown to stay super aggressive.

“I’ll figure it out.”

« Reply #109 on: February 06, 2021, 08:31:45 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2958
  • On To Banner 18!
New thread today: "Kemba's Our Superstar! He's untouchable!"  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #110 on: February 06, 2021, 09:15:51 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
like i said earlier. Kemba just came back when he had those poor games.

now 19points, then rest now 24points. hes still a good player and can help this team.

« Reply #111 on: February 06, 2021, 10:19:24 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

now 19points, then rest now 24points. hes still a good player and can help this team.

The points aren’t what I would focus on. It’s his shooting percentages. He shot just under 50% from the field yesterday, but was only 2-7 from 3pt. He Can help the celtics if he’s consistently shooting a better percentage, but overall this season he’s shooting 38% from the field and 29% from 3, which is terrible. One good game every 4 games is not going to cut it. Hopefully he can string a few in a row and develop some consistency.
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #112 on: February 06, 2021, 10:22:56 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 415
New thread today: "Kemba's Our Superstar! He's untouchable!"  :laugh:
haha that’s the truth! 
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #113 on: February 06, 2021, 10:23:47 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

The points aren’t what I would focus on. It’s his shooting percentages. He shot just under 50% from the field yesterday, but was only 2-7 from 3pt. He Can help the celtics if he’s consistently shooting a better percentage, but overall this season he’s shooting 38% from the field and 29% from 3, which is terrible. One good game every 4 games is not going to cut it. Hopefully he can string a few in a row and develop some consistency.

Much too early to burden him with low percentages. He’ll progress to the mean so long as he is healthy.

« Reply #114 on: February 06, 2021, 10:36:12 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

Much too early to burden him with low percentages. He’ll progress to the mean so long as he is healthy.

It’s not like it’s been a couple of games. When is it no longer considered early, after the ASG? After the regular season ends? Lol.

« Reply #115 on: February 06, 2021, 10:48:35 AM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2528

It’s not like it’s been a couple of games. When is it no longer considered early, after the ASG? After the regular season ends? Lol.

20 games with regular rotation minutes is probably a good number.  He gets leeway at this point imo.  Doesn’t mean if doesn’t worry me when he misses shots he needs to make.  Last night made me happy but I still think there are clunkers ahead before he is 100% of whatever he’s going to be.

« Reply #116 on: February 06, 2021, 12:46:12 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106

20 games with regular rotation minutes is probably a good number.  He gets leeway at this point imo.  Doesn’t mean if doesn’t worry me when he misses shots he needs to make.  Last night made me happy but I still think there are clunkers ahead before he is 100% of whatever he’s going to be.
Kemba reverting back to his averages is not amazing (his averages 2P and 3P are a very tiny bit above league average {not sure accounting for how tough his shots typically are}) but it’s better than him having a bad year.
Now there are some positives on the defensive side of the ball but his defense will be a reason for concern the deeper we get in the playoffs until he proves otherwise. No need to get rid of him I think.

« Reply #117 on: February 06, 2021, 01:04:51 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Kemba reverting back to his averages is not amazing (his averages 2P and 3P are a very tiny bit above league average {not sure accounting for how tough his shots typically are}) but it’s better than him having a bad year.
Now there are some positives on the defensive side of the ball but his defense will be a reason for concern the deeper we get in the playoffs until he proves otherwise. No need to get rid of him I think.
Everyone brings up Kemba's defense because he is 6'.

Kemba guards almost all PGs at a decently high level. It's when he gets switched to guard a bigger player where he struggles. But that is pretty much universally true for PGs that are 6'3" and under. Switch them onto a much larger player, and they are limited defensively.

Kemba has active hands, takes a ton of charges, generates a good amount of steals, gets a surprising amount of defensive rebounds and generally guards other PGs at a high level.

Due to being in a switch all defense, Kemba can be exploited, but so can every other PG on this team not named Smart. And....the same would go for 90% of all PGs.

Look at Kemba during that Lakers game. He pretty much stuck to their PGs, Schroeder and Caruso, and guarded them great.

« Reply #118 on: February 06, 2021, 01:09:36 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Kemba guards almost all PGs at a decently high level. It's when he gets switched to guard a bigger player where he struggles. But that is pretty much universally true for PGs that are 6'3" and under. Switch them onto a much larger player, and they are limited defensively.

Kemba has active hands, takes a ton of charges, generates a good amount of steals, gets a surprising amount of defensive rebounds and generally guards other PGs at a high level.

Due to being in a switch all defense, Kemba can be exploited, but so can every other PG on this team not named Smart. And....the same would go for 90% of all PGs.

Look at Kemba during that Lakers game. He pretty much stuck to their PGs, Schroeder and Caruso, and guarded them great.

This is good point. Plus the Celtics are really good at switch recovery. I mean it is amazing how fast they can switch guys back out of mismatches. 

« Reply #119 on: February 06, 2021, 03:04:17 PM »

Online RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

This is good point. Plus the Celtics are really good at switch recovery. I mean it is amazing how fast they can switch guys back out of mismatches.

Last summer against Miami it wasn't fast enough though. Repeatedly they got Butler cutting into the post on a switch with Walker, when Adebayo quickly passed it to him from the top of the key and all the other Celtics where glued to the 3-point shooters on the perimeter (Robinson, Herro, Crowder), it was a guaranteed two points to Miami everytime.

Yesterday Walker got switched on Leonard a couple of times and was able to work it out, but that type of play will typically burn you. We need to have a different defensive scheme for Walker or any 'undersized' guard, or we need to play bigger and have Smart at point guard.

I believe it's foolish to expect Walker (or Pritchard) to be able to guard wings/bigs in the post without a double team. They're not Lowry, Paul or Smart.