Author Topic: Kemba’s got to go...  (Read 46884 times)

Re: Kemba’s got to go...
« Reply #90 on: January 31, 2021, 09:36:43 PM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 52
I would gladly trade kemba, thonpson and edwards for

NAW, Adams and Reddick.

Solves all issues in 1 single deal. Naw is a perfect compliment to the jays and smart and adams is the perfect center to let all 4 of them play together.

Smart/pp/teague
Naw/reddick/romeo
Brown/green/neith
Tatum/grant/semi
Adams/theis/tinelord

Still need to fix the whole grant williams as the backup pf issue as he sucks. Would love to trade him for thad young.
'21 Historical Draft
PG: Kyle Lowry / Mookie Blaylock / Mark Jackson
SG: Reggie Miller / Jeff Hornacek / Nick Anderson
SF: George Gervin / George McGinnis / Kyle Korver
PF: Connie Hawkins / Serge Ibaka / Josh Smith
C: Clint Capela / Bill Laimbeer / Jusuf Nurkic

« Reply #91 on: January 31, 2021, 10:51:19 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

NAW, Adams and Reddick.

Solves all issues in 1 single deal. Naw is a perfect compliment to the jays and smart and adams is the perfect center to let all 4 of them play together.

Smart/pp/teague
Naw/reddick/romeo
Brown/green/neith
Tatum/grant/semi
Adams/theis/tinelord

Still need to fix the whole grant williams as the backup pf issue as he sucks. Would love to trade him for thad young.
Who's NAW?

« Reply #92 on: January 31, 2021, 11:22:48 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1440

NAW, Adams and Reddick.

Smart/pp/teague
Naw/reddick/romeo
Brown/green/neith
Tatum/grant/semi
Adams/theis/tinelord

Who's NAW?

A player that New Orleans is not trading to the Celtics lol. Pelicans would immediately hang up the phone if that offer was presented.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #93 on: February 01, 2021, 09:56:07 AM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 52

NAW, Adams and Reddick.

Smart/pp/teague
Naw/reddick/romeo
Brown/green/neith
Tatum/grant/semi
Adams/theis/tinelord

Who's NAW?

A player that New Orleans is not trading to the Celtics lol. Pelicans would immediately hang up the phone if that offer was presented.

Kemba is miles ahead of NAW at this point in time.

NAW is averaging
42%
29%

He is a bad fit on that team, although he coult "POTENTIALLY" be very SGA like.

'21 Historical Draft
PG: Kyle Lowry / Mookie Blaylock / Mark Jackson
SG: Reggie Miller / Jeff Hornacek / Nick Anderson
SF: George Gervin / George McGinnis / Kyle Korver
PF: Connie Hawkins / Serge Ibaka / Josh Smith
C: Clint Capela / Bill Laimbeer / Jusuf Nurkic

« Reply #94 on: February 01, 2021, 10:10:08 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

NAW, Adams and Reddick.

Smart/pp/teague
Naw/reddick/romeo
Brown/green/neith
Tatum/grant/semi
Adams/theis/tinelord

Who's NAW?

Kemba is miles ahead of NAW at this point in time.

NAW is averaging
42%
29%

He is a bad fit on that team, although he coult "POTENTIALLY" be very SGA like.

Kemba does not fit NO’s timeline and many consider him damaged goods at this point. NAW is a promising young player. IMO, It wouldn’t make sense for them to move him in a package to get a 30+ year old guard. Kemba has little to no value considering his recent production, injury history, age, and contract size.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 10:34:47 AM by Goldstar88 »
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #95 on: February 01, 2021, 10:19:15 AM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983

NAW, Adams and Reddick.

Smart/pp/teague
Naw/reddick/romeo
Brown/green/neith
Tatum/grant/semi
Adams/theis/tinelord

I like Adams  but he cant be traded this year due to signing an extension i believe.

« Reply #96 on: February 01, 2021, 12:00:02 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
You people have got to get a grip, lol.

Kemba's played 6 games and been predictably inconsistent as he works his way back from a knee issue.

That doesn't mean he "has to go to go" or that his potential trade value is at rock bottom.

The reason you don't trade Kemba right now is that he's an All-Star caliber player who we have every reason will get back to that level again before the season is done.  You won't get fair value for him.  Also, the Celtics are much better with Kemba than they would be with whatever smattering of minor role players and lesser picks they might get if they did trade him.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #97 on: February 01, 2021, 01:06:06 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

Kemba's played 6 games and been predictably inconsistent as he works his way back from a knee issue.

That doesn't mean he "has to go to go" or that his potential trade value is at rock bottom.

The reason you don't trade Kemba right now is that he's an All-Star caliber player who we have every reason will get back to that level again before the season is done.  You won't get fair value for him.  Also, the Celtics are much better with Kemba than they would be with whatever smattering of minor role players and lesser picks they might get if they did trade him.

He was an all star level player. As a primary option. Now he’s a 3rd option with bad knees and is over 30 years old. He’s a very average shooter and if he’s not making his shots, he’s not contributing to the team while being on the court. If anything, he’s a liability. Had the worst +/- on the team last game. I believe the Celtics  would be better off if they were able to move kemba and a 1st rounder to OKC for Horford and Hill.

« Reply #98 on: February 01, 2021, 01:21:34 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106

He was an all star level player. As a primary option. Now he’s a 3rd option with bad knees and is over 30 years old. He’s a very average shooter and if he’s not making his shots, he’s not contributing to the team while being on the court. If anything, he’s a liability. Had the worst +/- on the team last game. I believe the Celtics  would be better off if they were able to move kemba and a 1st rounder to OKC for Horford and Hill.
I think a better version of the trade would be:
Kemba + Thompson + Carsen + 1st rd pick
For Horford + Muscala + Hill
We create a $34.4M TPE because Horford and muscala salaries fit into our tpes and match 80% of Kemba plus his trade kicker at the deadline.
Then next year we have a TPE that can be used on a quite a few more valuable players than what our current tpe allows.

« Reply #99 on: February 01, 2021, 02:06:40 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
For as much as I dislike Kemba he probably isn't being used right. Most his career the offense was built around him. That's setting picks and screens to get him free, done so at a large volume. We also know Kemba has never been the most efficient player, now we want him in a more reduced role and want more efficient play. That's never been his game. He can differ to Brown and Tatum but you lose the strength of Kemba. The strength is he goes at guys and wears guys down, his numbers then pile up.

I know it sounds crazy but maybe the team to get the most out of everyone has to play through Kemba, then Brown, then last Tatum. Tatum is like KD he can get off and make hard shots, using him at the end of plays or when the offense breaks down like KD does at times could work. While Brown is more likely to drawn fouls and doubles off drives he serves as a creator like Kemba.

So that's my suggestion if you can't move Kemba make the most out of the player. Let Kemba be Kemba and see if it works. At the very least you boost his #'s and trade value.

« Reply #100 on: February 01, 2021, 02:27:23 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

He was an all star level player. As a primary option. Now he’s a 3rd option with bad knees and is over 30 years old. He’s a very average shooter and if he’s not making his shots, he’s not contributing to the team while being on the court.

Less than 6 months ago he played 17 post-season games against three straight elite defensive opponents, and he put up:

19.6 points, 5.1 assists, 4.1 rebounds, 0.9 steals

57% True Shooting

He's been an All-Star the last 4 seasons.

You cannot make these sweeping judgments about a player (a) coming off an injury (b) who has played only 6 games and (c) who has a long track record of playing at a very high level.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #101 on: February 01, 2021, 02:56:06 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

He was an all star level player. As a primary option. Now he’s a 3rd option with bad knees and is over 30 years old. He’s a very average shooter and if he’s not making his shots, he’s not contributing to the team while being on the court.

Less than 6 months ago he played 17 post-season games against three straight elite defensive opponents, and he put up:

57% True Shooting

You cannot make these sweeping judgments about a player (a) coming off an injury (b) who has played only 6 games and (c) who has a long track record of playing at a very high level.

You’re making a judgement that he will return to his previous all star form and I’m just not so sure of that, considering his age, injury history, and the fact that he is now a 3rd option on this team. That’s all factual. For the record, I hope that your are right and I am wrong. Guess we shall see...

« Reply #102 on: February 01, 2021, 03:58:03 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

57% True Shooting

You’re making a judgement that he will return to his previous all star form and I’m just not so sure of that, considering his age, injury history, and the fact that he is now a 3rd option on this team. That’s all factual. For the record, I hope that your are right and I am wrong. Guess we shall see...

"To his previous All-Star form" -- as in, the way he was playing six months ago, with no new injury having occurred since?

I think it's way too soon to operate from the assumption he won't return to form, or very close to it.

He has some lingering knee issues, yes.  It is concerning.  I'm not suggesting we should all pretend it's not a thing.

But some people talk about Kemba as though he tore his ACL and MCL or blew out his achilles or something. 

True: it's never a good sign for a smaller guard past age 30 to have lingering knee soreness. 

Also true: lots of guys with similar issues have continued to play at a high level well into their mid-30s, though it requires them to adapt.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #103 on: February 01, 2021, 05:29:06 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
If you want to get Collins, expect at a minimum to give up Smart and first round pick(s).

Sounds good to me.

Solves two problems: the 4 with Collins and the 2 with Brown.

« Reply #104 on: February 06, 2021, 12:39:45 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Definite choker and washed up has been. Definitely has to go. Trade him tomorrow!
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D