Author Topic: Jaylen Brown appreciation thread  (Read 29951 times)

Re: Jaylen Brown appreciation thread
« Reply #225 on: May 29, 2024, 04:28:30 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1562
all the success tatum/brown have had together and fans here still claim the guy is a bum and doesn't contribute to winning. ridiculous.

right now hes having his best playoffs ever. between defense, passing, scoring he's a monster on the court. and has proven to be very clutch basically winning us 2 of those games down the stretch.

but somehow fans have some glorified vision of Murray because they only watch him play a handful of games per year.

Murray also gets to play with perhaps the single most impactful offensive player of our generation in Jokic. I really wonder what we'd think of Murray if he had to function in a less optimal offensive setting.

He'd be a poor man's Trae Young.
Murray is a much better shooter than Young. From 2 and 3 and has been at every stage of their careers. That wouldn't change with Murray in a bigger role.

isn't that still something that's heavily influenced by Jokic though?
not from what I've seen when is on the floor without Jokic.  He was also a much better shooter in college, you know when Jokic wasn't on his team.  Murray is much closer to Curry as a shooter than Young.  Now maybe if he was taking 9 a game instead of 6 a game, his percentage would suffer, but I just don't think it would.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #226 on: May 29, 2024, 06:28:19 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2517
Murray is a bad defender. He got exposed big time against Minnesota, the first good team they played in years.

He'd be nothing without Jokic.

« Reply #227 on: May 29, 2024, 07:02:52 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 324
Back to JB- I'm so happy that the Celtics stayed the course and decided not to panic by trading JB. Resilience and determination pays off. 4 more wins.