Author Topic: Tyrus Thomas out two months  (Read 4581 times)

Tyrus Thomas out two months
« on: January 21, 2011, 11:49:09 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I think this loss might kill the Bobcats chances at the either of the two last playoff spots. I could see them staying in the race because the competition is terrible, but its hard to see them making it without Thomas.

Re: Tyrus Thomas out two months
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 12:09:30 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
What's weird though is that they were only playing him like 20 mins a game. His numbers could have been a lot better but they barely played him. Even with Silas as the new coach. He was on my fantasy team and I kept thinking when are they gonna unleash him and they never did. Maybe he was having issues again who knows..

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 12:15:04 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
What's weird though is that they were only playing him like 20 mins a game. His numbers could have been a lot better but they barely played him. Even with Silas as the new coach. He was on my fantasy team and I kept thinking when are they gonna unleash him and they never did. Maybe he was having issues again who knows..

Or maybe he just isn't that good of an NBA player? 

He has been in the league long enough. 

Something is missing from his game or approach or he would be playing more minutes with the numbers he produces in the minutes he gets. 

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 12:15:39 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
I think this loss might kill the Bobcats chances at the either of the two last playoff spots. I could see them staying in the race because the competition is terrible, but its hard to see them making it without Thomas.

H also killed my chances of beating your team in fantasy this week, he stayed this long because hes a block monster even with 20 mins a game

u lucky... u

p.s. Greg Monroe is in, hes having a great week
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 12:29:36 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2425
Tyrus Thomas should be playing 30+ minutes a night. He is a very good role player. Impressive defensive player.

I'd love to have a guy like Tyrus alongside Perk after KG retires. Perk needs someone with elite quickness with a lot of defensive range alongside him. Help hide his own weaknesses defensively.

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 12:31:46 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2425
Big loss for the Bobcats. Definitely puts their playoff hopes in question.

Milwaukee should overtake them for the seventh spot but Charlotte still have a shot at fighting off Indiana and/or Philadelphia ... so long as Hibbert continues to struggle.

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 12:34:25 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Tyrus Thomas should be playing 30+ minutes a night. He is a very good role player. Impressive defensive player.

I'd love to have a guy like Tyrus alongside Perk after KG retires. Perk needs someone with elite quickness with a lot of defensive range alongside him. Help hide his own weaknesses defensively.

How many years and how many head coaches has he been a "should be playing 30+ minutes a night" player?

There is something missing there.

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 01:32:29 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale

How many years and how many head coaches has he been a "should be playing 30+ minutes a night" player?

good head coaches...?

Charlotte rotations are a mess

Nice to be back!

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 01:38:10 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

good head coaches...?

Larry Brown. 

Didn't he play for Scott Skiles?

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2011, 01:40:25 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale

good head coaches...?

Larry Brown. 

Didn't he play for Scott Skiles?
[/quote

that makes it even more clear
tough personality coaches that punish some behavior
and not play to explode talent
maybe a doc style of coach (see BBD) is a better fit
for those kind of players

Nice to be back!

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2011, 01:59:30 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130

Something is missing from his game or approach or he would be playing more minutes with the numbers he produces in the minutes he gets. 

Any ideas as to what it is (that's missing)? I'm really curious because as previous posters have said his numbers are excellent in limited minutes you'd think they'd give him more. But he's pretty much kept on a short leash. What's the real deal behind the scenes?

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2011, 02:02:02 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Any ideas as to what it is (that's missing)? I'm really curious because as previous posters have said his numbers are excellent in limited minutes you'd think they'd give him more. But he's pretty much kept on a short leash. What's the real deal behind the scenes?

Who knows.  But this issue has been through more then one head coach. 

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2011, 03:19:52 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
He's your typical low BBIQ guy with athletic tools who makes too many mistakes for certain types of coaches to trust him too much.  Given how people react in game threads to anyone having a bad game, the inconsistency of Tyrus Thomas would drive some fans crazy if the Celtics somehow acquired him.  He would probably lead some people to describe him as Tony Allen as a big with better offense.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2011, 05:09:27 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Man, things in Charlotte keep getting worse. At least Kwame Brown put up back to back double doubles last week!

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2011, 07:24:28 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
No way Charlotte can salary dump either Diaw or Wallace without totally entering a rebuild phase.

Too bad.  I thought the team they had together last year looked worth giving some time together...with Felton at point.

MJ's cheapness may end up being almost as bad as the Clips?