Author Topic: Despite pundits, Heat look scary  (Read 9305 times)

Re: Despite pundits, Heat look scary
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2010, 10:36:43 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
The Heat have hit some early road bumps, but they are still likely a 60 plus win team, and that is conservative (I see them at about 64-65 wins).

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2010, 11:02:36 AM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
You need a v.good to great coach to win it all in this league...E.Spoelsra isn't that coach.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 09:36:50 AM by housecall »

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2010, 11:18:43 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
They don't look that scary to me.  James is probably scratching his head wondering why they have not won more and Bosh looks lost.  I think the pundits built them up more than been against them.

James is shooting 44% from the field.   This accounts for all those dunks and layups too which is proof that he is mediocre shooter at best.  That isn't good as Michal and Larry averaged 50% FG for their careers.  The 4.4 TOs a game is not scary to me as well.  This guy is a good stat producing player but he is mentally soft as silly putty and doesn't possess the killer instinct.  We all know he is proven quitter too.

They might be scary to the easily scared.  I see pretenders not contenders.

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2010, 05:35:50 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
“Despite pundits, Heat look scary”

But do they?

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2010, 08:32:05 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
What scared me last night was the refs.   Boy did they ever keep the HEAT in the game.  Its pretty bad that the league feels honor bounds to pad LeBron's stats with bogus FTAs.  Stern talks about the integrity of the game with head bands but until he is gone and some of the current refs and announcers the game will never have integrity. 

Did anyone see the alleged no foul on LeBron when he stepped into Rondo.  Refs got it right but announcers acted like it was close.  It wasn't was moving.

LeBron showed his touch last night with the air ball three and the hit the backboard three.   Got to love it when its 6:45 in the fourth before your superstar scores in a close game.  Without the refs helping pad his stats with FTAs was pretty lackluster.  Wade choked too last night.

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2010, 09:38:34 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
What scared me last night was the refs.   Boy did they ever keep the HEAT in the game.  Its pretty bad that the league feels honor bounds to pad LeBron's stats with bogus FTAs.  Stern talks about the integrity of the game with head bands but until he is gone and some of the current refs and announcers the game will never have integrity. 

Did anyone see the alleged no foul on LeBron when he stepped into Rondo.  Refs got it right but announcers acted like it was close.  It wasn't was moving.

LeBron showed his touch last night with the air ball three and the hit the backboard three.   Got to love it when its 6:45 in the fourth before your superstar scores in a close game.  Without the refs helping pad his stats with FTAs was pretty lackluster.  Wade choked too last night.

I saw LeBron relentlessly attacking the rim while the rest of his team watched. Of course he got to the FT line that much. He should if he is getting to the basket as much as he did. What isnt scaring me in the least bit is the fact that we have seen the same thing for 7 years now with this guy. It just isnt good offense especially in crunch time. Very one dimensional.

So far LeBron being a great facilitator has been exposed as a myth. He gets assists based on his passing skills and dominance of the ball.

He should have recognized a way to get DWade into the rythym of the game last night. Magic would have been able to recognize that. He needs to know that in order for the team to be successful, DWade needs to get x number of touches a game in good positions to score. Rondo has mastered it. LeBron has been given the keys to a 6 speed 500hp Ferarri except he doesnt know how to drive it. I hope we have heard the last of "Lebron will be this team's Magic" crap. He just doesnt have it in him and he never will.

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2010, 09:39:43 AM »

Offline nba is the worst

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 75

However, Reggie Miller DID call out the refs on several other occasions, which usually isn't the case.

GREAT game, glad to see the Celtics' poise and dominance.

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2010, 09:40:23 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Despite pundits, Heat look scared.

Fixed it for you.

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2010, 09:40:25 AM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
I think Riley steps in along the season to coach, Erik Splolstra just does not command the respect needed or has enough knowhow to get those knuckleheads to bond as a team on the court.

Just go to NBA.com and take a look at the InsideTrax from yesterdays game, its mindboggeling that he's talking about "we are not were we want to be right now" at half time of a game, he's talking about long term goals and how people will "talk about the team" thats redicules in my mind.

If its a concern how people will talk about the Miami Heat and how they are not playing to their potential during a game, i would hate to see what spolstra tells the team if they continue to slide down the table in the east.
"Leadership is diving for a loose ball, getting the crowd involved, getting other players involved. It`s being able to take it as well as dish it out. That`s the only way you`re going to get respect from the players"

- Larry Bird

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2010, 09:40:54 AM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
There are two questions for the Heat - can Lebron and Wade coexist? So far the answer is no. Both need the ball and neither is a great shooter. The second is can you win with the softest big man in the league as your best PF/C.

Maybe Miami should trade Wade.

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2010, 09:45:25 AM »

Offline jsingh1699

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 16
what scares me the most about the heat is that they are one trade away from being a scary team. all they need is one physical tough guy at the 4 or 5 (like a brandon bass, or varejao type, not saying either of those two cause its crytstal clear the cavs and magic would never make a deal with the heat). if that toughness flows to the rest of the team, then they will be real scary. when lbj and wade are mad, there is no stopping either of them.

i think perk is a restricted free agent at the end of this year. dont be surprised if the heat offer him the full MLE next summer.

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2010, 10:16:37 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
The Heat are as scary as Casper. Boo!!

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2010, 10:47:54 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
There are two questions for the Heat - can Lebron and Wade coexist? So far the answer is no. Both need the ball and neither is a great shooter. The second is can you win with the softest big man in the league as your best PF/C.

Maybe Miami should trade Wade.

Yeah trade Wade for Mo Williams and Anderson Varejaou. Then LeBron would flourish.

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2010, 02:27:26 PM »

Offline ballin

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 105
If you were to just listen to the talking heads, it would sound like Miami is off to a horrible start. Uh, hellooo? They're 5-3, which is not bad AT ALL for a team that's in its first season together and still trying to adjust to one another. Further, all of the losses have been by very fews points to VERY GOOD teams.

Once they get some cohesion and finally start rolling, it's going to get ugly. I definitely won't want to see them in the playoffs.

I believe our 2008 Celtics (there first year together) started off 25-5. This team has been gased up to be the "BIG 3 ON STERIODS", so the panic and swift change in thinking doesn't really surprise me. These are the same people that will predict a Heat title once they win 10 straight games, which the Heat will at some point this season.

That's a good point on the Celtics starting 25-5, but I think we can agree that the Celtics were somewhat of a special case.

I still think that given a few more months together and perhaps a new coach they'll be a force to be reckoned with. Keep in mind that their defensive efficiency has been fantastic, and it's the offense that's been struggling. Do you REALLY think a team with Wade, Bosh, and Lebron won't be able to find a way to drop buckets at will? And once Miller comes back he adds another dimension to that team.

Anyway I'm not trying to hug their nuts, I'm just pointing out that rumors of their demise are greatly exaggerated.

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2010, 02:40:16 PM »

Offline greenpride32

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 83
The only good team the Heat has defeated is ORL.  Their other victories are against NJN (2x), PHI, and MIN. 

Their losses are all to playoff teams; BOS (2x), UTH, NOR.

They don't have depth, have no interior presence on either end of the floor, and haven't even figured out who is going to play the point. 

When PP RA and KG joined forces, they started 8-0 and didn't need time to figure things out.  MIA is just a team thas 2 elite players and not much else.  That will be good enough to win on a lot of nights, but not good enough to dominiate.