Author Topic: 2020 Red Sox Thread  (Read 81624 times)

Re: 2019 Red Sox Thread
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2019, 01:11:06 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Sox with a much needed (walk-off) win tonight, spearheaded by a huge RBI double by Moreland in the 9th inning to tie the game.

Hard to believe that Mitch Moreland of all people is largely responsible for the 3 of the 4 wins we have so far (3 run homer in Seattle, solo HR in Arizona and RBI double in the 9th tonight.)

Starting pitching is still a major issue though. Eovaldi roughed up for 5 runs in 5 innings including 2 home runs. The starting pitching NEEDS to come around.

The starters have been terrible, and Moreland and Martinez have been the only consistently good hitters so far. But I'm glad for the W tonight!
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2019, 06:49:38 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Mitch Moreland has always been one of my favorite players. Just a hard working guy that's had to fight for everything he's achieved. I was so pleased for him when he finally got selected as an All-Star. Great to see him bail us out again this season. He's keeping us afloat just about.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2019, 10:43:44 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Sox with a much needed (walk-off) win tonight, spearheaded by a huge RBI double by Moreland in the 9th inning to tie the game.

Hard to believe that Mitch Moreland of all people is largely responsible for the 3 of the 4 wins we have so far (3 run homer in Seattle, solo HR in Arizona and RBI double in the 9th tonight.)

Starting pitching is still a major issue though. Eovaldi roughed up for 5 runs in 5 innings including 2 home runs. The starting pitching NEEDS to come around.

The starters have been terrible, and Moreland and Martinez have been the only consistently good hitters so far. But I'm glad for the W tonight!

Same here. Agreed on the pitching. And yeah, JD right now is the heart and soul of our offense. I sure hope the Sox extend him. Especially if they don't think they're going to be able to afford Mookie and his $400 million contract demand (speculative on my part.)  At least JD is a clean-up hitter, can play some right field and can be the new David Oritz of the Red Sox. He also had an RBI double yesterday and got robbed of a home run.

« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2019, 10:45:54 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
Mitch Moreland has always been one of my favorite players. Just a hard working guy that's had to fight for everything he's achieved. I was so pleased for him when he finally got selected as an All-Star. Great to see him bail us out again this season. He's keeping us afloat just about.

Yeah pretty much. He's definitely prone to offensive droughts but going back to game 4 of the World Series and that 3 run moonshot he hit, he's been clutch. Once Pearce gets going, I think that Pearce/Moreland platoon should be very productive.

« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2019, 08:31:11 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
E-Rod taking a 3-0 lead into the 5th inning...let's hope he keeps the shutout going

« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2019, 10:49:24 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
Our first winning streak of the season! E-Rod pitched a great game. And my guy Mitch Moreland keeps his hitting streak going.

« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2019, 11:18:24 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Our first winning streak of the season! E-Rod pitched a great game. And my guy Mitch Moreland keeps his hitting streak going.

Two wins in a row ... I don't know what to do with that!
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2019, 11:21:29 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

Yeah, E-Rod was great tonight.

First win and first really good start, which is pretty surprising considering the rotation also consists of Sale/Price/Porcello/Eovaldi.

Just one bad pitch unfortunately really hurt, which was a 2 run HR by Baltimore.

Otherwise he looked really confident on the mound with increased velocity, a dynamite changeup and a quick tempo.

Ditto on Moreland and very solid offense by Bogaerts and Nunez.

Hopefully the Sox can make up some ground from their bad start and beat up on Baltimore this weekend.

It doesn't hurt that the Yanks are off to bad start (5-8) and lost tonight as well.

How about Tampa Bay being 11-3?

« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2019, 12:26:36 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
Well Porcello nipped our nascent recovery in the bud...wow he was bad. Walked 5 and broke Chris Davis's record 54-game hitless streak. Terrible. What did these guys do in spring training? A third of a fifth of nothing it looks like.

« Reply #84 on: April 14, 2019, 11:57:52 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
David Price has restored order for Red Sox Nation!

« Reply #85 on: April 18, 2019, 04:25:22 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
We keep finding ways to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat  :-\

« Reply #86 on: April 19, 2019, 02:12:05 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
We keep finding ways to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat  :-\

We sure do :-[

« Reply #87 on: April 19, 2019, 02:15:23 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Yeah, I am going to a couple of the games this weekend in St. Pete. I was very excited about this three weeks ago, but now I am totally worried about it. Man, a 3-game sweep sure would be nice, wouldn't it?  :laugh:

« Reply #88 on: April 19, 2019, 02:57:21 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Yeah, I am going to a couple of the games this weekend in St. Pete. I was very excited about this three weeks ago, but now I am totally worried about it. Man, a 3-game sweep sure would be nice, wouldn't it?  :laugh:

Have fun! And yeah I'll be honest, I think our best hope is to simply avoid getting swept this series.  :P

I'd absolutely love to be wrong and for the Sox to finally show up, but I've been waiting for a while now and until I see it, I won't get my hopes up. There's still plenty of time in the season but we're also 8 games back in the division and in danger of making the deficit 12+ games as we play Tampa 6 times in the next 10 games.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 03:05:43 PM by Phantom255x »
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #89 on: April 19, 2019, 03:45:36 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Lived in St Pete a few years. Loved being able to go there, pay $18 for a horrible seat and move down to the first base line in box seats because no one is in the place. The Trop sucks as a baseball park but they have that cool Ted Williams Hitters HOF, which for anyone that hasn't seen it, is an awesome take. Also, Ferg's, right outside the park, is a great indoor/outdoor bar for before and after the game.