Author Topic: 2020 Red Sox Thread  (Read 81621 times)

Re: 2019 Red Sox Thread
« Reply #120 on: May 02, 2019, 11:46:15 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Error from Devers with 1 out in the 9th leads to a walk off 3 run homer for the White Sox. That would’ve been our longest winning streak of the season  :-\
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #121 on: May 03, 2019, 02:22:16 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Error from Devers with 1 out in the 9th leads to a walk off 3 run homer for the White Sox. That would’ve been our longest winning streak of the season  :-\

Awful!!! What a gut punch. A pretty good start by Price and a great night by Mookie with 3 hits and 2 runs wasted by Devers' p----poor defense and Ryan Brasier blowing it.

Tonight kinda sums up an awful night for Dave Dombrowski, courtesy of a couple moves (or lack of moves he made over last couple years.)

-In the 2017 offseason, he traded Travis Shaw and 3 (yes 3!) prospects for that schmuck Tyler Thornburg, who's been a total bust. Tell me you wouldn't rather have Shaw at 3rd base over Devers.

-Decided not to get a proven closer in the offseason and decided to go with "internal options". Yeah, Brasier's been doing a great job!

Going forward, I would start Chavis at 3rd and demote Devers to the minors until he learns how to defend routine plays.

« Reply #122 on: May 03, 2019, 10:21:00 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

Awful!!! What a gut punch. A pretty good start by Price and a great night by Mookie with 3 hits and 2 runs wasted by Devers' p----poor defense and Ryan Brasier blowing it.

Tonight kinda sums up an awful night for Dave Dombrowski, courtesy of a couple moves (or lack of moves he made over last couple years.)

-In the 2017 offseason, he traded Travis Shaw and 3 (yes 3!) prospects for that schmuck Tyler Thornburg, who's been a total bust. Tell me you wouldn't rather have Shaw at 3rd base over Devers.

-Decided not to get a proven closer in the offseason and decided to go with "internal options". Yeah, Brasier's been doing a great job!

Going forward, I would start Chavis at 3rd and demote Devers to the minors until he learns how to defend routine plays.

Yeah that was a tough loss. I still like the direction we're headed in and still think our bullpen has been great this season (just 2-3 bad games so far this season but it's the same case for most teams up to this point). It's important though to not get too demoralized by this loss. My fear is that this loss can end up setting us back a bit again and makes us lose momentum.

We won 8 of 12 prior to last night, and have 7 games up against the White Sox and Orioles. Perfect opportunity to go 5-2 in that stretch (or better). Unfortunately we're currently 0-1 in it, but a win tonight could ease the sting from last night. With that said, it's very important to win tonight with Sale on the mound. If they come out flat and lose tonight, then I think last night's loss could have some lasting effects on this team for the near future, which would suck.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #123 on: May 04, 2019, 07:17:12 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
Sale looks like he's on the way back. He actually won a game  :angel:

« Reply #124 on: May 04, 2019, 09:33:06 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
Tonight, the Sox scored 9 runs on 10 hits....in the 3rd inning.

« Reply #125 on: May 04, 2019, 09:37:23 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Sox first basemen have 15 HRs and 33 RBIs  this season. They are this team's MVP so far this season.

« Reply #126 on: May 04, 2019, 09:47:57 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
Sox first basemen have 15 HRs and 33 RBIs  this season. They are this team's MVP so far this season.

Michael Chavis has been great since they called him up. Homer last night and 2 more taters tonight.

« Reply #127 on: May 04, 2019, 10:42:08 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
I think the Sox have slowly but surely figured things out and they’re officially back in the division race. It was an awful start obviously but they’re now 10-5 in their last 15 games and both the rotation and offense have looked fantastic these last few weeks. Betts looks like the reigning MVP, Chavis has looked like a stud since coming up, and everyone in general seems to be contributing in some way.

Rays and Yanks lost so we’re 5.5 back of TB, 3 back of NYY. If Toronto loses tonight (which seems likely), we pass them and are alone at 3rd in the division for the time being. Making progress!

« Reply #128 on: May 04, 2019, 11:47:47 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
I think the Sox have slowly but surely figured things out and they’re officially back in the division race. It was an awful start obviously but they’re now 10-5 in their last 15 games and both the rotation and offense have looked fantastic these last few weeks. Betts looks like the reigning MVP, Chavis has looked like a stud since coming up, and everyone in general seems to be contributing in some way.

Rays and Yanks lost so we’re 5.5 back of TB, 3 back of NYY. If Toronto loses tonight (which seems likely), we pass them and are alone at 3rd in the division for the time being. Making progress!

Baby steps. That's why I was so down after that crushing loss on Thursday night. We had the game in our hands and this is a very manageable road trip to get back on track. Glad to hear Sale pitched well last night and glad to see the offense explode tonight. Hopefully they can finish it off tomorrow and go for the sweep in Baltimore. Come back to Fenway on Friday in much better shape record-wise, than they were before they left.

« Reply #129 on: May 05, 2019, 05:39:35 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
RBI from my guy Mitch Moreland for the go ahead run, an insurance RBI from Nunez and then a grand slam from Xander have broken the game wide open today. 3-1 for the series, man I wish we could play the White Sox ever week  :laugh:
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 05:50:02 PM by ozgod »

« Reply #130 on: May 05, 2019, 09:25:24 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Orioles coming up. Time to put the hurt on.

Also, congratulations to those Redsox who are refusing to go to Whitehouse to whitewash an ongoing scandal of mind-blowing proportions.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 09:32:05 PM by trickybilly »
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #131 on: May 05, 2019, 09:42:43 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
RBI from my guy Mitch Moreland for the go ahead run, an insurance RBI from Nunez and then a grand slam from Xander have broken the game wide open today. 3-1 for the series, man I wish we could play the White Sox ever week  :laugh:

Could you believe that hit from Nunez? I've never seen that before in my life. That ball literally hugged the foul line all the way down the 3rd base side, hits the bag and stays fair, while the White Sox wait for it to go foul (lol.) In the meantime, a run scores.

And the double before hand by Devers...runs for 2nd, goes back to 1st, ball gets by the 1st baseman, throws it away, and Devers goes all the way to 3rd.

A good weekend in Chicago :D

« Reply #132 on: May 06, 2019, 03:35:13 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White

Could you believe that hit from Nunez? I've never seen that before in my life. That ball literally hugged the foul line all the way down the 3rd base side, hits the bag and stays fair, while the White Sox wait for it to go foul (lol.) In the meantime, a run scores.

And the double before hand by Devers...runs for 2nd, goes back to 1st, ball gets by the 1st baseman, throws it away, and Devers goes all the way to 3rd.

A good weekend in Chicago :D

That was crazy, they should have picked it up I'm sure they'd have got one out at least  :laugh:

« Reply #133 on: May 06, 2019, 04:44:12 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Some nice stuff about the starters from ESPN's Power Rankings

Since April 12, Sox starters have a 3.09 ERA and 10.5 strikeouts per nine innings and have allowed a .360 slugging percentage, all of which are best in the American League. -- Richards

« Reply #134 on: May 06, 2019, 06:37:23 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Some nice stuff about the starters from ESPN's Power Rankings

Since April 12, Sox starters have a 3.09 ERA and 10.5 strikeouts per nine innings and have allowed a .360 slugging percentage, all of which are best in the American League. -- Richards

Unfortunately, our best and most consistent starter this season, David Price, just went on the 10-day IL with an elbow injury. Fortunately it isn't anything serious and he may just miss 2-3 starts, but it's still something to monitor going forward. Already without Eovaldi for the time being.