Author Topic: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs  (Read 561230 times)

celticinorlando, Atzar, hpantazo, Who, Phantom255x, President Red, Roy H., Section 87, Moranis, Celtics2021, chicagoceltic, knuckleballer and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Re: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs
« Reply #6975 on: May 03, 2024, 08:59:31 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 489
Can the NBA please get rid of Beverly once and for all? The guy is a clown and a jackass. He needs to be suspended a season for his conduct.
I don't think he is worth the drama he creates. Players of Embiid caliber? Yeah you put up with the clown show. Beverly is a rotation player at best. Definitely wouldn't put up with him throwing a ball at fans.

Nor disrespecting a female reporter after the game.
Oh I hadn't seen that. Yeah he's not a good person.
#JKJB

« Reply #6976 on: May 03, 2024, 09:16:55 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 992
Can the NBA please get rid of Beverly once and for all? The guy is a clown and a jackass. He needs to be suspended a season for his conduct.
I don't think he is worth the drama he creates. Players of Embiid caliber? Yeah you put up with the clown show. Beverly is a rotation player at best. Definitely wouldn't put up with him throwing a ball at fans.

Nor disrespecting a female reporter after the game.
Oh I hadn't seen that. Yeah he's not a good person.

I was not sorry that he supposedly turned us down this summer.

« Reply #6977 on: May 03, 2024, 09:19:28 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1819
I don't understand these coach's challenges... how do you challenge a call where your dude clearly hits someone in the face?

Nurse isn't exactly a well-composed leader. Dude exudes panic.  Glad the refs didn't bail the Sixers out there.

Was using this an example, but every coach is doing similar challenges. Players are pressuring them into bad decisions on using the challenges, more often than not on a lost cause and making them lose a valuable time-out at end of games.

« Reply #6978 on: May 03, 2024, 09:29:49 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 992
I don't understand these coach's challenges... how do you challenge a call where your dude clearly hits someone in the face?

Nurse isn't exactly a well-composed leader. Dude exudes panic.  Glad the refs didn't bail the Sixers out there.

Was using this an example, but every coach is doing similar challenges. Players are pressuring them into bad decisions on using the challenges, more often than not on a lost cause and making them lose a valuable time-out at end of games.

I don’t care about the challenge.  Embiid did hit the ball first, and there’s not too much time to make a decision.  It was also I think Embiid’s fifth foul in a game he fouled out of, so while maybe it was a low chance of success it was pretty high leverage.  What I hate is Nurse going apoplectic that he lost the challenge when Hartenstein is getting his obviously bloodied nose plugged up.  He gets as much latitude as any coach before he gets called for a T.

« Reply #6979 on: May 03, 2024, 10:52:33 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 483
If you told me at the all-star break that the 76ers, Bucks and potentially Cleveland would not make it out of the first round I'd have bet a lot of money against that.  Crazy in the East.  I'm glad the C's don't play both of Indy and NY.  I think both of those teams are a tougher matchup then either Orlando and Cleveland.  But the issue with Orlando and Cleveland is that Zinger gave us our advantage over them.  I'm not sure now what the series will hold and how much of an issue they will be for the C's.  I still think that the C's win the next two series in 6.  I hope they can win both in 5.  The more games you play in the playoffs the more you get beat up because of the physicality. 

« Reply #6980 on: May 03, 2024, 11:09:57 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2426
Some fun stats:

Luka Defense = Clippers were 2-12 FGA with Luka guarding them in Game 5. If I recall correctly, Luka also had a game in Gm 2 where they were 2-17 or 2-18. Something crazy.

Westbrook = He was 5-8 FGA in Gm 1. He has been 6-35 in the four games since then. A blistering 17.1% FG%.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2024, 11:16:52 AM by Who »

« Reply #6981 on: May 03, 2024, 11:27:52 AM »

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Another year, another early exit for the Sixers. I thought maybe Nick Nurse could reign in Embiid but I was wrong.

They still try to run their offense through him. Because he's the MVP. When in fact his skills are limited and he resorts to flailing and flopping when defenses tighten up.

Their offense is a disaster because he doesn't work within the flow of the system. It is similar to when the Celtics revert to iso-ball. It's not efficient, abd it doesn't get ither guys involved.

Seems like Maxey and the others only get shots on broken plays. It's remarkable how disorganized Philly is. They are the anti-Heat. I don't think it's a coincidence Batum made so many plays; he comes from a Clipper system where you're moving in sync with the play, not just watching your star "go to work."

« Reply #6982 on: May 03, 2024, 11:44:16 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3032
  • On To Banner 18!
I hope Orlando wins tonight, only because I am not mentally prepared to suddenly begin another series just 40 hours later lol (Sunday 1 PM). Need more time for the heart to stabilize but also got to deal with a Bruins Game 7 Saturday night too  :P
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #6983 on: May 03, 2024, 11:45:22 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1626
  • What a Pub Should Be
I hope Orlando wins tonight, only because I am not mentally prepared to suddenly begin another series just 40 hours later lol (Sunday 1 PM). Need more time for the heart to stabilize but also got to deal with a Bruins Game 7 Saturday night too  :P

Primetime Game 7 on Derby Day is not ideal.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #6984 on: May 03, 2024, 11:57:55 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Another year, another early exit for the Sixers. I thought maybe Nick Nurse could reign in Embiid but I was wrong.

They still try to run their offense through him. Because he's the MVP. When in fact his skills are limited and he resorts to flailing and flopping when defenses tighten up.

Their offense is a disaster because he doesn't work within the flow of the system. It is similar to when the Celtics revert to iso-ball. It's not efficient, abd it doesn't get ither guys involved.

Seems like Maxey and the others only get shots on broken plays. It's remarkable how disorganized Philly is. They are the anti-Heat. I don't think it's a coincidence Batum made so many plays; he comes from a Clipper system where you're moving in sync with the play, not just watching your star "go to work."

I am disappointed with Philly's offense too. It is basically a two man offense with three role players in minimal roles.

They needed to involve Tobias Harris and Buddy Hield more. Those are two quality scorers. They should not be treated the same way as Melton, Lowry, Batum, Oubre. Yet there is little difference. No plays being run for them. No effort to get them more involved in the game. To get them going.

« Reply #6985 on: May 03, 2024, 12:10:55 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Beverley asked [ESPN] producer Malinda Adams if she was subscribed to his podcast. When Adams said she was not, Beverley said "You can't interview me then."

As another reporter asked Beverley a question, the Bucks guard asked Adams to leave the interview circle entirely. Beverley again stated that Adams couldn't be a part of the interview because she's not subscribed to his podcast.

Other local reporters shared that this behavior is nothing new for Beverley. He's apparently taken the same stance with others since his arrival in Milwaukee following the trade deadline.

Haha. I do enjoy Beverley.

The league should fine him for this though. It is part of his job to answer questions to reporters. He is failing to perform his job.

« Reply #6986 on: May 03, 2024, 12:17:21 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1626
  • What a Pub Should Be
Beverley asked [ESPN] producer Malinda Adams if she was subscribed to his podcast. When Adams said she was not, Beverley said "You can't interview me then."

As another reporter asked Beverley a question, the Bucks guard asked Adams to leave the interview circle entirely. Beverley again stated that Adams couldn't be a part of the interview because she's not subscribed to his podcast.

Other local reporters shared that this behavior is nothing new for Beverley. He's apparently taken the same stance with others since his arrival in Milwaukee following the trade deadline.

Haha. I do enjoy Beverley.

The league should fine him for this though. It is part of his job to answer questions to reporters. He is failing to perform his job.

Beverley is a tool.  Stop being petty to reporters.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #6987 on: May 03, 2024, 12:31:05 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3032
  • On To Banner 18!
Beverley is a sore loser. Always has been. People sometimes call it "passion" but it's not, and him getting frustrated with the Pacers fan (chucking the ball at him) and then this exchange with the reporter is more proof of it.

Anyways, he'll probably get shipped out to another team. It'll be like his 6th team in 3 years or something, crazy.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #6988 on: May 03, 2024, 12:32:26 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1696
Beverley has been an ass his entire career.  His behavior last night was not a one-off event. 

« Reply #6989 on: May 03, 2024, 12:56:26 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2978
Not a Beverly fan.  He ll go to Heat where he belongs