Author Topic: 2016-2017 Gordon Hayward Thread (We Did It Guys! Fireworks!!!)  (Read 330691 times)

Re: 2016-2017 Gordon Hayward Thread (UPDATE: Decision Looms AGAIN..)
« Reply #1785 on: July 04, 2017, 07:23:39 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Wojo just said Hayward has gone dark.

I am telling you he will stay in Utah.
The longer the delay the more likely it's Boston in my opinion.

My working theory is that he's waiting till tomorrow so he has some plausible deniability on the leak. He can claim he really hadn't made up his mind.

If it leaked and he then announced he was going to Boston an hour later it's obvious the leak was legit and he really let it leak without telling Utah. If he was going Utah or Miami he would have announced it today as planned and the announcement would have completely negated the leaks.

So either he's going Boston or really hasn't decided.

I don't believe he hasn't decided because if he hadn't decided this leak really wouldn't have changed anything. He wouldn't need to postpone his decision a day because bad info got leaked. That makes no sense.

Maybe I'm just tryna convince myself we are getting Hayward but this seems to make the most sense to me. Plus Woj is reporting Miami is out and how many free agents do this song and dance and then return home? Not many. Hayward to Boston

Please?
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #1786 on: July 04, 2017, 07:29:48 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2573
So as the local Celtics affiliate/flagship, can't CSN find a couple of high-energy hot-shot media guys to run down to the station and host a live broadcast to update Celtics Nation about what is happening, what is speculated, what nuanced possibilities abound, in this saga.  To Boston Celtics fans, this is the news equivalent of a lunar landing (OK, but you get my point).  There should be coverage, speculation and reporters actively on top of this situation. Instead, CSN is running (for the 8th time) the Draft Lottery.    For crying out loud, there has to be a Boston host who would love to be broadcasting this right now.

Yeah it is pretty strange. They should be all over this. Major journalistic fail.

I agree that coverage would be nice and they should have been prepared for big news today, but it's not as easy as you make it seem. There's a lot more to producing a live television show than putting a few jamokes in front of a camera and pressing record. The first, and probably toughest, hurdle would be union provisions for behind the scenes guys (cameramen, etc).

I bet they could have done it.

« Reply #1787 on: July 04, 2017, 07:30:01 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1423
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Feels like they are working on a S+T for crowder, opening up 6 mil in cap space.

Is this possible?

it sounds like us celtics fans are now grasping for straws for this delay! BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Agreed.

I think he's staying in Utah too
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #1788 on: July 04, 2017, 07:30:01 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 734
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Its 4th of July. How about we let the guy celebrate the holiday with his family doing family things like having a party or barbeque and then taking their kids to see fireworks. Geesh guys, Hayward is more than just a basketball player. He is human and does regular people stuff too.

He is the one that wanted to set the deadline.

« Reply #1789 on: July 04, 2017, 07:32:02 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2986

God, this has become such a bad look for Hayward's camp.

It would've been understandable (I guess) had he taken this much time originally prior to the leak. But after the leak this just seems to make his entire camp look bad by holding up the rest of free agency, especially after saying he wanted to decide quickly and it'd be done today last night.

« Reply #1790 on: July 04, 2017, 07:32:23 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1654

The longer the delay the more likely it's Boston in my opinion.

My working theory is that he's waiting till tomorrow so he has some plausible deniability on the leak. He can claim he really hadn't made up his mind.

If it leaked and he then announced he was going to Boston an hour later it's obvious the leak was legit and he really let it leak without telling Utah. If he was going Utah or Miami he would have announced it today as planned and the announcement would have completely negated the leaks.

So either he's going Boston or really hasn't decided.

I don't believe he hasn't decided because if he hadn't decided this leak really wouldn't have changed anything. He wouldn't need to postpone his decision a day because bad info got leaked. That makes no sense.

Maybe I'm just tryna convince myself we are getting Hayward but this seems to make the most sense to me. Plus Woj is reporting Miami is out and how many free agents do this song and dance and then return home? Not many. Hayward to Boston

Please?

they would nothave leaked bawstin if he had not decided at that time. problem IS THIS GIVES UTAH ONE LAST SHOT. he shoulda just came out after the damm leak and got this over with so utah had no time left to act. he shoulda told them already anyways.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1791 on: July 04, 2017, 07:34:34 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
One of the more unbelievable situations I've witnessed in a while.  No idea what to think anymore.

« Reply #1792 on: July 04, 2017, 07:35:15 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • On To Banner 18!
Yeah, at this point he's obviously making the decision tomorrow.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1793 on: July 04, 2017, 07:36:28 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1793
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Its 4th of July. How about we let the guy celebrate the holiday with his family doing family things like having a party or barbeque and then taking their kids to see fireworks. Geesh guys, Hayward is more than just a basketball player. He is human and does regular people stuff too.

Come on, Nick. Almost any other day this summer he can do regular people stuff with his family.  Also, people who make over $30M/yr don't always get to have a 'regular' lifestyle.

Whatever is happening, I hope we find out soon. This is pretty lame.

« Reply #1794 on: July 04, 2017, 07:36:33 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2986

You have to remember they're several hours behind us, too. It's 5:30 in Utah and 4:30 in Cali. There's still plenty of time for him to make his decision today.

« Reply #1795 on: July 04, 2017, 07:36:36 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3223
Is Hayward waiting until every other free agent is signed?

« Reply #1796 on: July 04, 2017, 07:36:54 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1654
Feels like they are working on a S+T for crowder, opening up 6 mil in cap space.

Is this possible?

it sounds like us celtics fans are now grasping for straws for this delay! BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Agreed.

I think he's staying in Utah too

i mean he is never gonna win crap unless you consider a hopscotch game a championship if he stays out west. we will move on with plans without him. Would love to have him but i detest when crap like this goes awry thanks to dumbass reporters.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1797 on: July 04, 2017, 07:38:24 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • On To Banner 18!

You have to remember they're several hours behind us, too. It's 5:30 in Utah and 4:30 in Cali. There's still plenty of time for him to make his decision today.

LOVE your positive attitude @jpotter33, and I'm staying optimistic too!

But no, I refuse to ruin the rest of my night doing this  :P

Just went swimming in my downstairs apartment for 1.5 hours and I enjoyed it, and luckily, we still have a chance at landing him LOL.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1798 on: July 04, 2017, 07:41:46 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Iwish there was a Summer League game today.

« Reply #1799 on: July 04, 2017, 07:42:34 PM »

Offline jmen788

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 22
Kobe's Lawyer‏ @CelticBird23  1m1 minute ago
More
 THIS JUST IN: Gordon Hayward has made the decision to join Pete Gas, Rodney and Joey Abs in the Mean Street Posse. Very last minute choice.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DD7aU9IU0AAZ6Z5.jpg

he is getting ridiculed on Twitter. This is a circus.