Author Topic: 2016-2017 Gordon Hayward Thread (We Did It Guys! Fireworks!!!)  (Read 329847 times)

Re: 2016-2017 Gordon Hayward Thread (UPDATE: Decision Looms AGAIN..)
« Reply #1665 on: July 04, 2017, 05:21:51 PM »

Offline TheLegendaryClub

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 130
Sounds to me like he was preparing to take the Celtics offer but the Jazz reached out and said something to change his mind at the last second - in other words, journalists had the right scoop but Hayward reneged right as they were announcing it, precipitating this whole mess.

I'm trying to be optimistic, but unfortunately I think he's staying in Utah. Jazz got him to change his mind, and now he's just trying to figure out how not to be the bad guy who publicly back out on the Celts.
If you've talked yourself into that fairy tale I can't help you.

Not sure how this take can be interpreted as a fairytale, but okay.

« Reply #1666 on: July 04, 2017, 05:21:58 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
So... 5 estimated reporters give us the news that GH choose Boston over Utah WITHOUT any confirmation from his agent?
Looks impossibile to me
5 well respected guys all getting this wrong would be completely unprecedented.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #1667 on: July 04, 2017, 05:22:11 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Fans on a Jazz forum believe a sign and trade is in the works to make the money work.
Might be true but some of those delusional fans think it involves Brown and or the Nets pick lol. If anyone in that forum is reading this please tell your folks to keep dreaming.

« Reply #1668 on: July 04, 2017, 05:23:19 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 745
Sam Amick, one of the guys who initially reported the signing, tweeted:

Gordon Hayward's agent, Mark Bartelstein, is indeed saying he hasn't made decision yet. Meanwhile, Celtics celebrating his alleged decision.

Zach Lowe retweeted, adding that he's receiving the same info.

It sounds very possible to me that Hayward told the Celtics he's coming before he told the Jazz and now it's out but Hayward/his people are denying it because they want to announce their way.

I mean, this has always been the more likely/logical scenario than numerous reputable reporters getting the same thing wrong all simultaneously.

EDIT: But at this point, he's doing more damage to himself with the cover-up than the original issue.
I don't understand how he's doing damage to himself by waiting to make the announcement his own way.
Every hour that passes frustrates the participating fan bases more and more. It also p---es off agents and free agents of players who are waiting out the Hayward decision and frustrates and hamstrings the front offices of the teams involved because not all their back up plans are willing to wait him out.

This is the big one, imo. The fanbases are whatever, but I think this is really frustrating the rest of the parties involved in free agency who are all waiting on his decision.
I don't get that at all. Why is Hayward not allowed to take, like, 3 hours and make the announcement the way he wants to? It's his life.

There's already been reliable reports that other free agents, agents, and teams are frustrated with this stalling by the Hayward camp.

But he's had 4 days now to make this decision. I think people don't think he really has the status of a KD/Lebron type to drag it out this long. Even KD's decision came earlier than this one by about 5 hours so far on the fourth day.
What do you mean "this long"? He met with the Jazz yesterday. I don't even think it's been a full day since that meeting ended.

It's been four days since free agency started, and he's known for weeks which teams he'd be meeting with, let alone the months or years that he's known he'd opt out.

Like I said, KD met with several more teams and even had two meetings with OKC, yet he decided more quickly than Hayward being a much bigger overall star.

I just think that Hayward's overall status in the league is playing a part in this. Yes, he's an All-Star and great player, but he's not a KD or Lebron. I doubt they'd be receiving the same amount of scrutiny as Hayward is right now for holding up free agency.
This makes no sense. The meetings were meant to help him decide which team to choose and the meetings ended less than a day ago. Even if we don't hear until tomorrow, taking 2 days to decide where you're going to live for the next 4 years of your life is totally reasonable.

Also, I don't understand how his star status has anything to do with it.

So much judgement based on nothing.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #1669 on: July 04, 2017, 05:24:32 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 708
  • MASTER OF PANIC
So... 5 estimated reporters give us the news that GH choose Boston over Utah WITHOUT any confirmation from his agent?
Looks impossibile to me

They didn't get it wrong. Agent is just p---ed it did not control the message

« Reply #1670 on: July 04, 2017, 05:24:36 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2978
hevwants to be on jazz lottery team next year ......so be it.

« Reply #1671 on: July 04, 2017, 05:25:32 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3065
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Having to reevaluate everything just sound bad for Boston
It's definitely not good for teams outside of Utah. It sounds like he's letting outside feelings (Ingle/Gobert/Rubio) creep into this. Look for him to announce tomorrow he's staying home.

I'm ready to move on
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #1672 on: July 04, 2017, 05:26:00 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Looks impossibile to me

Correct. This totally sounds like someone for Hayward's camp leaking to a media source before Hayward could tell either team.

« Reply #1673 on: July 04, 2017, 05:27:22 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
It's definitely not good for teams outside of Utah. It sounds like he's letting outside feelings (Ingle/Gobert/Rubio) creep into this. Look for him to announce tomorrow he's staying home.

I'm ready to move on
Well, when the alternative is that Hayward is coming to Boston (as was reported), then everything else sounds bad.

« Reply #1674 on: July 04, 2017, 05:27:41 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo

I'm ready to move on

This would not be unprecedented and the league moved on from the D'Andre Jordan fiasco which was WAY WORSE.

« Reply #1675 on: July 04, 2017, 05:27:56 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

I'm ready to move on

me too. Tired of this circus show

« Reply #1676 on: July 04, 2017, 05:28:01 PM »

Offline Jack_Frost

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 52
Looks impossibile to me

Seem a very important point to me.
It is clear that the decision was made... the question is: who leaked?
Celtics FO? We have a problem. We may have lost GH
Gh's agent? HE has a problem
Celtics FO & GH's agent? They'll find a way to resolve

« Reply #1677 on: July 04, 2017, 05:29:11 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2731
Looks impossibile to me

For all we know, maybe Hayward's wife leaked it, and he's having a family argument right now.

« Reply #1678 on: July 04, 2017, 05:30:41 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2560
Fans on a Jazz forum believe a sign and trade is in the works to make the money work.
Might be true but some of those delusional fans think it involves Brown and or the Nets pick lol. If anyone in that forum is reading this please tell your folks to keep dreaming.
Actually this (not Brown or Nets pick) is the only thing that makes sense enough to get everything righ.t .  Cs were chosen. Utah made a last ditch effort to salvage something by offering an S&T... word gets out it's going Boston's way as the S&T gets some life from Boston's side.  This delays the process as the negotiation plays out.   Hope this is what's happened.

« Reply #1679 on: July 04, 2017, 05:31:35 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
Looks impossibile to me

I don't think it was his agent.