Author Topic: 2016-2017 Gordon Hayward Thread (We Did It Guys! Fireworks!!!)  (Read 330779 times)

Re: 2016-2017 Gordon Hayward Thread (UPDATE: Decision Looms AGAIN..)
« Reply #1575 on: July 04, 2017, 04:32:07 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • On To Banner 18!
It's actually sad how the story and posts and tweets are still up saying "Hayward to Boston, sources confirm, etc.", even if slightly modified.

This is a huge blow to almost everyone involved.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1576 on: July 04, 2017, 04:33:27 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Sam Amick, one of the guys who initially reported the signing, tweeted:

Gordon Hayward's agent, Mark Bartelstein, is indeed saying he hasn't made decision yet. Meanwhile, Celtics celebrating his alleged decision.

Zach Lowe retweeted, adding that he's receiving the same info.

It sounds very possible to me that Hayward told the Celtics he's coming before he told the Jazz and now it's out but Hayward/his people are denying it because they want to announce their way.

I mean, this has always been the more likely/logical scenario than numerous reputable reporters getting the same thing wrong all simultaneously.

EDIT: But at this point, he's doing more damage to himself with the cover-up than the original issue.
I don't understand how he's doing damage to himself by waiting to make the announcement his own way.
Every hour that passes frustrates the participating fan bases more and more. It also p---es off agents and free agents of players who are waiting out the Hayward decision and frustrates and hamstrings the front offices of the teams involved because not all their back up plans are willing to wait him out.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #1577 on: July 04, 2017, 04:33:37 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25592
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
For all we know, Danny asked him not to announce until he moved Jackson's contract, to make it easier to trade.

Or, Bartelstein is trying to convince Hayward to sign with Utah so he gets a bigger commission.

Or the NBA source talked before the decision was 100% made.

We really have no idea, not that that stops people from character assassination.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #1578 on: July 04, 2017, 04:33:43 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
After the news and smiles my wife and daughter (who couldn't care less about Gordon Who?)  dragged my surgically repaired body for ice cream.  I return and it's back to square one?  Say it ain't so.  What happenned?

Nobody knows, complete chaos. Everyone is in the dark, and there's a good chance no decision until tomorrow.

Yep. It's starting to get a little ridiculous and frustrating.

I still think the most likely explanation is that it leaked, and Hayward's camp wanted to do a proper reveal. I just find it impossible to believe that Amick and Lowe and Mannix and Haynes and Himmelsbach and Pina were all wrong. Regardless, this whole situation has devolved into a total ****show.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #1579 on: July 04, 2017, 04:34:18 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2986
https://twitter.com/SteveBHoop/status/882331334542106625

Was thinking this day couldn't get any stranger... Then three teams texted, wondering who Celts may make available assuming Hayward signs.

Interesting. It certainly seems like other teams are expecting him to ultimately sign with the C's. We should have plenty of trade suitors, too.

« Reply #1580 on: July 04, 2017, 04:34:25 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Respected reporters like Lowe Haynes and Amick all being wrong would be unprecedented wouldn't it?
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #1581 on: July 04, 2017, 04:34:45 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 734
  • MASTER OF PANIC
The guys that all confirmed it with league sources were all heavy hitters. Cannot see them all being wrong

« Reply #1582 on: July 04, 2017, 04:34:58 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Waiting on JaMychal, then S&T KO + Bradley for Hayward with leftover cap room.

Please?

« Reply #1583 on: July 04, 2017, 04:35:05 PM »

Online ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1415

Gordon Hayward's agent, Mark Bartelstein, is indeed saying he hasn't made decision yet. Meanwhile, Celtics celebrating his alleged decision.

It sounds very possible to me that Hayward told the Celtics he's coming before he told the Jazz and now it's out but Hayward/his people are denying it because they want to announce their way.

I mean, this has always been the more likely/logical scenario than numerous reputable reporters getting the same thing wrong all simultaneously.

EDIT: But at this point, he's doing more damage to himself with the cover-up than the original issue.
I don't understand how he's doing damage to himself by waiting to make the announcement his own way.
Every hour that passes frustrates the participating fan bases more and more. It also p---es off agents and free agents of players who are waiting out the Hayward decision and frustrates and hamstrings the front offices of the teams involved because not all their back up plans are willing to wait him out.

I'm guessing soon as he signs all will be forgiven and forgotten with the fanbase of whichever team he signs with. With the others, not so much.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #1584 on: July 04, 2017, 04:36:12 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

This is the big one, imo. The fanbases are whatever, but I think this is really frustrating the rest of the parties involved in free agency who are all waiting on his decision.

« Reply #1585 on: July 04, 2017, 04:36:12 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Respected reporters like Lowe Haynes and Amick all being wrong would be unprecedented wouldn't it?

Yes. We're talking about some of the most reliable names in the business in Lowe, Mannix, and Amick.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #1586 on: July 04, 2017, 04:36:23 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 748

Yeah, it's frustrating for us but if it's information Hayward doesn't want public yet, that frustration isn't on him its on the reporters who are putting this stuff out there.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #1587 on: July 04, 2017, 04:37:33 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
After the news and smiles my wife and daughter (who couldn't care less about Gordon Who?)  dragged my surgically repaired body for ice cream.  I return and it's back to square one?  Say it ain't so.  What happenned?

Nobody knows, complete chaos. Everyone is in the dark, and there's a good chance no decision until tomorrow.

Yep. It's starting to get a little ridiculous and frustrating.

I still think the most likely explanation is that it leaked, and Hayward's camp wanted to do a proper reveal. I just find it impossible to believe that Amick and Lowe and Mannix and Haynes and Himmelsbach and Pina were all wrong. Regardless, this whole situation has devolved into a total ****show.

Exactly my thoughts. TP.

« Reply #1588 on: July 04, 2017, 04:38:14 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 748

This is the big one, imo. The fanbases are whatever, but I think this is really frustrating the rest of the parties involved in free agency who are all waiting on his decision.
I don't get that at all. Why is Hayward not allowed to take, like, 3 hours and make the announcement the way he wants to? It's his life.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #1589 on: July 04, 2017, 04:38:19 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2740
I wouldn't be surprised if Pat Riley is the one who leaked this , to cause this mess