Author Topic: 2016-2017 Gordon Hayward Thread (We Did It Guys! Fireworks!!!)  (Read 330769 times)

Re: 2016-2017 Gordon Hayward Thread (UPDATE: Jazz Meeting Ongoing)
« Reply #795 on: July 03, 2017, 06:22:36 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
saw where Hayward told the Jazz he wanted to play with Ricky Rubio..then jazz traded for him..

if thats true then I lost respect for Hayward right there .......playing with Rubio is NOT setting your goals very high ......

id be let down ......alot .

Whoa whoa whoa.

It's entirely possible that the Jazz said we probably can't afford George hill, but we could go after a couple other guys and Hayward said he liked Rubio.

I mean if he tells them to go get a stud point guard that's pretty useless because it's not like they could afford Lowry or even Teague.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #796 on: July 03, 2017, 06:22:53 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2740
One thing Hayward cannot doubt is the dedication the Celtics organization has for him. He has clearly been our primary, and likely only free agent target this summer. We passed on pursuing guys like Blake Griffin and Milsap who play a position of need for this roster. Most importantly, we passed on trading for Cousins, George, and Butler in order to preserve our cap space this summer for Hayward. It is 100% clear the Celtics value him greatly.

« Reply #797 on: July 03, 2017, 06:23:15 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 734
  • MASTER OF PANIC
First it was George hill he had to play With...Now Rubio

Said winning was his number one priority...Not about the money or the fame.

Choosing Utah just goes against everything he has said

Re: 2016
« Reply #798 on: July 03, 2017, 06:23:56 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2986
https://mobile.twitter.com/tribjazz/status/881989652181172224?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Meeting still going on...

Looks pretty long. Is that good?

Oh please don't tell me they are throwing a party and playing NBA 2K17 right now...  :o

Remember it's only like 2:40 PM out there. Not sure when it started.

Started like 2.5 hours ago I believe.

He had a 9+ hour meeting/day with Boston's people, so take that as you will.

« Reply #799 on: July 03, 2017, 06:25:30 PM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
saw where Hayward told the Jazz he wanted to play with Ricky Rubio..then jazz traded for him..

if thats true then I lost respect for Hayward right there .......playing with Rubio is NOT setting your goals very high ......

One take away I get from that is Hayward has expressed some type of disappointment with the Jazz as currently constructed. That's the feeling I get when someone requests to play somebody else. I won't believe a single rumor until he decides though. Woj himself said the C's were out on Horford minutes before he actually committed.

« Reply #800 on: July 03, 2017, 06:25:58 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
First it was George hill he had to play With...Now Rubio

Said winning was his number one priority...Not about the money or the fame.

Choosing Utah just goes against everything he has said
Wanting to play with hill and then Rubio isn't really contradictory. Utah couldn't afford Hill and Ingles and likely offered up Rubio as another route. Unlikely that Hayward prefers Rubio to hill.
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #801 on: July 03, 2017, 06:26:30 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 326
Going be a lot of sick Celtics fans if Hayward chooses the Jazz..all we heard about for over 2 years is summer of 2017 when we have a lot of cap space...and come up with no one will sting big time!!
We can do it all again next year
yes and get sick again lol  but we got plenty of assests lol

Yeah, this seem to be the unofficial Celtics motto. Like Cubs fans saying "There's always next year" for (literally) 100+ years.

Every trade deadline we hear "Wait till the draft," and at every draft we hear, "Wait till the free-agency period," and every free-agency period we hear, "Wait till the trade deadline." Keep kickin' that can.

There will surely be roster turnover before, during, and after every season, but that doesn't guarantee that there will ever be any big happenings (aka "fireworks"). Hayward's not a transcendent player, so acquiring him won't put Boston over the top, but he'd be a step in the right direction, to keep the Cs competing for the EC championship, until one or more of the young bucks (hopefully) develops into a star.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #802 on: July 03, 2017, 06:28:52 PM »

Offline beantownboy171

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
The only thing I've learned so far;

Boston seems to be on the only team that is refraining from leaking any information.

There have been reports the 'miami has emerged as the favorite'

There have been reports that 'Hayward has serious concerns about playing with Thomas'

There have been reports that 'Utah remains confident that Hayward will return'

There have been reports that 'Hayward said he "would love" to play with Rubio'

All quiet from the Boston front and I think that's by design, directed by BS

« Reply #803 on: July 03, 2017, 06:32:06 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2983

One take away I get from that is Hayward has expressed some type of disappointment with the Jazz as currently constructed. That's the feeling I get when someone requests to play somebody else. I won't believe a single rumor until he decides though. Woj himself said the C's were out on Horford minutes before he actually committed.

one thing I would look at ......if I was Gordon.....besides the money of course.......West teams , several got better and Utah maybe worse without Hill and replaced by junky old Rubio.  IMO Utah might finish no better than 5-7. .....they are not really close to contending .   They could be a lottery team if something like an injury occurs to the wrong dude.   Celtics should be in the mix of the teams looking to win the East .    No way Utah iswinnng the West in the next 5 years ....unless Curry , Harden , Davis , Townes , Westbrook and KD all retire at once.

Re: 2016-2017 Gordon Hayward Thread (UPDATE: Jazz May Have The Edge)
« Reply #804 on: July 03, 2017, 06:33:06 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
I dunno why so many people are pessimistic about this.

Boston makes the most sense for Hayward.

Doesn't mean he signs here, but we have a good shot. Otherwise he wouldn't have bothered meeting us at all. We're in a good place.

Even if he doesn't sign, we have a solid young core anyways. We can build Warriors-style with good drafting and asset management.

It's a win-win.

Because people need to get a grip around here.  Your life is more than this blog yet the first negative reaction to your team and people lose their minds and get all defensive.  Get a life!  We're not entitled to anything because we're the Celtics.  If we get him, great, if not well then we move on with a youth movement instead of adding more clogs that slow the progression of our team and it's future.

« Reply #805 on: July 03, 2017, 06:34:16 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Tony Jones: The Hayward meeting is still ongoing, sources tell The Tribune. At the risk of Heat/Celtic redundancy, hearing the meeting is “going well”

The isn't good for us. I'm going into town to burn down the Garden. Who's with me?

« Reply #806 on: July 03, 2017, 06:35:54 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
The only thing I've learned so far;

Boston seems to be on the only team that is refraining from leaking any information.

There have been reports the 'miami has emerged as the favorite'

There have been reports that 'Hayward has serious concerns about playing with Thomas'

There have been reports that 'Utah remains confident that Hayward will return'

There have been reports that 'Hayward said he "would love" to play with Rubio'

All quiet from the Boston front and I think that's by design, directed by BS

Playing with Thomas is an ongoing theme.  Maybe ainge and Brad should do something about that but no it's back to role plyers and IT HERO BALL while free agents and young talent go to the wayside.  Great strategy

Re: 2016-2017 Gordon Hayward Thread (UPDATE: Jazz May Have The Edge)
« Reply #807 on: July 03, 2017, 06:36:33 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
I dunno why so many people are pessimistic about this.

Boston makes the most sense for Hayward.

Doesn't mean he signs here, but we have a good shot. Otherwise he wouldn't have bothered meeting us at all. We're in a good place.

Even if he doesn't sign, we have a solid young core anyways. We can build Warriors-style with good drafting and asset management.

It's a win-win.

Because people need to get a grip around here.  Your life is more than this blog yet the first negative reaction to your team and people lose their minds and get all defensive.  Get a life!  We're not entitled to anything because we're the Celtics.  If we get him, great, if not well then we move on with a youth movement instead of adding more clogs that slow the progression of our team and it's future.
Is that why you've been fabricating negative news here for the last few days?

« Reply #808 on: July 03, 2017, 06:41:11 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 433
54 pages of 2016-2017 Gordon Hayward Thread...wow!!!! Just show u how everyone wants Hayward badly
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #809 on: July 03, 2017, 06:43:58 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3223
Tony Jones: The Hayward meeting is still ongoing, sources tell The Tribune. At the risk of Heat/Celtic redundancy, hearing the meeting is “going well”

The isn't good for us. I'm going into town to burn down the Garden. Who's with me?

Great plan. Give me a minute I need to find my pants...