Author Topic: 2016-2017 Gordon Hayward Thread (We Did It Guys! Fireworks!!!)  (Read 329845 times)

Re: 2016-2017 Gordon Hayward Thread (UPDATE: Meeting With Boston Over)
« Reply #600 on: July 02, 2017, 11:48:20 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2970
Wow, so Milsap to Denver and the West/East disparity gets even worse.

Like, at this point, I think there'd be something wrong with Hayward to stay in Utah. Look at this competition:

Teams that are clearly ahead of Utah: GS, SA, Houston, and OKC.

Teams that are arguably ahead or right at Utah's level: Portland, LAC, Denver, Minnesota, NO, Memphis, and Dallas (Dallas might be questionable)

There are 12 legitimate teams that will all be fighting hard for the playoffs. Personally, I put Utah no better than 5th in the conference behind GS, SA, Houston, and OKC. However, I could easily see Portland, Denver, Minnesota, Memphis, or New Orleans be better than the Jazz team next year if they all gel right together.

That's insane. Hayward would be insane to stay in that ridiculously competitive Western Conference.

« Reply #601 on: July 02, 2017, 11:50:13 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I think if Hayward does not pick Boston...they sign Gallo...if he waits for them

2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #602 on: July 02, 2017, 11:52:45 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 546
Nothing leaking out other than the usual 'meeting went well' which has come out of Miami and now here.  (don't they always 'go well'?). 

« Reply #603 on: July 02, 2017, 11:56:22 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 708
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Gallo might be gone soon to the clippers

« Reply #604 on: July 02, 2017, 11:57:01 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Nothing leaking out other than the usual 'meeting went well' which has come out of Miami and now here.  (don't they always 'go well'?).
that's what I thought but I got curious and researched the topic and found that the fakers meeting 2 years ago with lamarcus alridge went terrible lol

https://twitter.com/Mike_Bresnahan/status/616344498944151553

He didnt like the basketball portion haha

« Reply #605 on: July 02, 2017, 11:59:48 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 546
And the Clippers still won't make it to Rd 2 of the playoffs - if they even make the playoffs.

« Reply #606 on: July 03, 2017, 12:02:58 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
And the Clippers still won't make it to Rd 2 of the playoffs - if they even make the playoffs.

Beverly-Rivers-Gallo-Blake-DJ is an extremely strong starting five. The West is a bloodbath, but the Clippers have the talent necessary to make the playoffs.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #607 on: July 03, 2017, 12:03:44 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
that's what I thought but I got curious and researched the topic and found that the fakers meeting 2 years ago with lamarcus alridge went terrible lol

Oh yeah, the infamous Aldridge meeting, where the Lakers were like "It's great to be a star in LA. Let's show you the sights and celebrities."  LMA is like, "Um, basketball?"  And the Lakers said "Ah, yeah, that thing on the court.  Here are all the big names sitting courtside."

(Not an actual transcription -- just how I imagined it in my head."

« Reply #608 on: July 03, 2017, 12:10:22 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson

Oh yeah, the infamous Aldridge meeting, where the Lakers were like "It's great to be a star in LA. Let's show you the sights and celebrities."  LMA is like, "Um, basketball?"  And the Lakers said "Ah, yeah, that thing on the court.  Here are all the big names sitting courtside."

(Not an actual transcription -- just how I imagined it in my head."

That was such a shameful moment for LA. It finally seemed like the mystique was gone, that the Lakers were finally becoming a normal mismanaged team. Yet despite their incompetence, PG is just going to waltz on over there and reaffirm Lakers exceptionalism. Kinda sucks for teams that build competently and patiently.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #609 on: July 03, 2017, 12:11:00 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
I think if Hayward does not pick Boston...they sign Gallo...if he waits for them

Gallo's good, Yoki!

DKC Clippers

« Reply #610 on: July 03, 2017, 12:13:57 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3065
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
It's laughable that people seem to think that because Brad Stevens is the coach and it's the Boston franchise that that's enough to convince a guy to come.  If he wasn't interested in any other city than Boston, Miami wouldn't be in the mix.  Miami has just a good a chance at being as good as us next year plus Hayward won't have to worry about getting shots when IT plays hero ball.  I think those factors along with his family interest point to Miami.  She's been posting pics of Her kids loving the beach and she's part of Guatemala charity chapter that she's said she wants to be more involved in.  I think the reports are legit.
Where's your source that his camp likes Miami?

Wife and family on Instagram and Twitter earlier today. 

As far as Waiters, no source, but this happened last year with a couple of players where they went to a state and said it was for one thing and it was just a smokescreen.  I'm expecting the same thing here.  Riley's not gonna tip his hand so easily.
Lol there is no such thing of them saying the like Miami stop lying
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #611 on: July 03, 2017, 12:32:09 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 566

Like, at this point, I think there'd be something wrong with Hayward to stay in Utah. Look at this competition:

Teams that are arguably ahead or right at Utah's level: Portland, LAC, Denver, Minnesota, NO, Memphis, and Dallas (Dallas might be questionable)

There are 12 legitimate teams that will all be fighting hard for the playoffs. Personally, I put Utah no better than 5th in the conference behind GS, SA, Houston, and OKC. However, I could easily see Portland, Denver, Minnesota, Memphis, or New Orleans be better than the Jazz team next year if they all gel right together.

That's insane. Hayward would be insane to stay in that ridiculously competitive Western Conference.

See i get why fans think this way, but I'm not sure players do. They are for the most part ultra competitive, they believe that if they play their best they can beat anyone. That's a big part of how they get this far.

« Reply #612 on: July 03, 2017, 12:40:42 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

See i get why fans think this way, but I'm not sure players do. They are for the most part ultra competitive, they believe that if they play their best they can beat anyone. That's a big part of how they get this far.
yea that's why Durant went to the 73-9 warriors. For the challenge of winning games.

Cmon man. Times have changed. These stars want to be together on the same teams to have the EASIEST route to the finals . We have to show them that we are open to that

« Reply #613 on: July 03, 2017, 12:52:07 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Honestly, I hope the pitch to Hayward involved some kind of offer of proof on Ainge's part to explain how they're gonna add another piece.

Seems to me that's what these stars want to hear.  If you can't offer the most $$, you need to explain how you can offer them a fantastic winning situation like what Golden State offered Durant.

If Hayward joins the Celts as constructed, they will be the clear cut #2 team in the East with a chance to actually challenge Cleveland in the playoffs.  That's nice, but it's not so much better than what he has in Utah.

Can Ainge grab another star after adding Hayward?  Who is left at this point?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #614 on: July 03, 2017, 12:57:59 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Honestly, I hope the pitch to Hayward involved some kind of offer of proof on Ainge's part to explain how they're gonna add another piece.

Seems to me that's what these stars want to hear.  If you can't offer the most $$, you need to explain how you can offer them a fantastic winning situation like what Golden State offered Durant.

If Hayward joins the Celts as constructed, they will be the clear cut #2 team in the East with a chance to actually challenge Cleveland in the playoffs.  That's nice, but it's not so much better than what he has in Utah.

Can Ainge grab another star after adding Hayward?  Who is left at this point?

I'd say being the clear #2 in the East is better than fighting for #6 in the West.  And another star would have to be by trade, which opens the door to a lot of possibilities.

Mike