Author Topic: 2016-2017 Gordon Hayward Thread (We Did It Guys! Fireworks!!!)  (Read 330691 times)

Re: 2016-2017 Gordon Hayward Thread (UPDATE: Meeting With Boston Over)
« Reply #585 on: July 02, 2017, 10:48:55 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1423
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Sun Sentinel confirms with party close to situation that Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra headed west to deal with Dion Waiters free agency.

https://twitter.com/IraHeatBeat/status/881554289994477572

I'm tired, sun burnt, buzz is wearing off. Most importantly, I'm trying to figure out if this is good that they flew all the way to Cali for Waiters or of this is some sneaky plan to meet Hayward in Cali.

Please end this torture. Can't analyze emojis, tweets, and Instagram pics anymore!

That tweet is from earlier this afternoon
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #586 on: July 02, 2017, 10:50:43 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 734
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Sun Sentinel confirms with party close to situation that Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra headed west to deal with Dion Waiters free agency.

I'm tired, sun burnt, buzz is wearing off. Most importantly, I'm trying to figure out if this is good that they flew all the way to Cali for Waiters or of this is some sneaky plan to meet Hayward in Cali.

Please end this torture. Can't analyze emojis, tweets, and Instagram pics anymore!

Can they sign both hayward and waiters?

« Reply #587 on: July 02, 2017, 10:50:49 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

That at least means Hayward didn't tell them he's already decided on Miami.  They can't sign both of them.

Mike

« Reply #588 on: July 02, 2017, 10:53:23 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

Miami would have to renounce their rights to Waiters to open up salary cap space for Gordon.

Mike

« Reply #589 on: July 02, 2017, 10:57:28 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Miami is looking at other players while Celtics spent The day getting rid of Zeller and making room for Hayward..not going to  jump to conclusions but personally Feeling good about it so far

« Reply #590 on: July 02, 2017, 10:57:29 PM »

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2517

Waiters is meeting with the Lakers tomorrow, Heat are probably afraid of losing him... but why would LA sign him and potentially clog up their cap space?

I'd imagine he'd cost them at least $15M per season (which IMO he is not worth).

Assuming they pick up the team options on Randle, Nance, and Zubac, the addition of Waiters would put them at $55M in salary.

It would seriously hamper their ability to sign multiple stars next offseason.

Obviously there are ways to shed salary, but it would make the process a lot tougher.

« Reply #591 on: July 02, 2017, 11:00:17 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

That tweet is from earlier this afternoon
I dunno. Riley is a snake. Wouldn't be surprised by anything.

Honest truth, I have a feeling GH is going to Miami.

« Reply #592 on: July 02, 2017, 11:01:46 PM »

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2517

Miami would have to renounce their rights to Waiters to open up salary cap space for Gordon.

Mike

Yeah, they are ~$68M in salary, so they'd need to do some serious maneuvering to sign both Hayward and waiters.

This could be a sign they think Hayward is going elsewhere, and they don't want to lose Waiters for nothing.

« Reply #593 on: July 02, 2017, 11:03:20 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 734
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I think if Hayward does not pick Boston...they sign Gallo...if he waits for them

« Reply #594 on: July 02, 2017, 11:05:50 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3071
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
It's laughable that people seem to think that because Brad Stevens is the coach and it's the Boston franchise that that's enough to convince a guy to come.  If he wasn't interested in any other city than Boston, Miami wouldn't be in the mix.  Miami has just a good a chance at being as good as us next year plus Hayward won't have to worry about getting shots when IT plays hero ball.  I think those factors along with his family interest point to Miami.  She's been posting pics of Her kids loving the beach and she's part of Guatemala charity chapter that she's said she wants to be more involved in.  I think the reports are legit.
Where's your source that his camp likes Miami?
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #595 on: July 02, 2017, 11:10:06 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
It's laughable that people seem to think that because Brad Stevens is the coach and it's the Boston franchise that that's enough to convince a guy to come.  If he wasn't interested in any other city than Boston, Miami wouldn't be in the mix.  Miami has just a good a chance at being as good as us next year plus Hayward won't have to worry about getting shots when IT plays hero ball.  I think those factors along with his family interest point to Miami.  She's been posting pics of Her kids loving the beach and she's part of Guatemala charity chapter that she's said she wants to be more involved in.  I think the reports are legit.

The deep, dark pit of his heart.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #596 on: July 02, 2017, 11:12:40 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445

Wife and family on Instagram and Twitter earlier today. 

As far as Waiters, no source, but this happened last year with a couple of players where they went to a state and said it was for one thing and it was just a smokescreen.  I'm expecting the same thing here.  Riley's not gonna tip his hand so easily.

« Reply #597 on: July 02, 2017, 11:22:48 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • On To Banner 18!

Wife and family on Instagram and Twitter earlier today. 

As far as Waiters, no source, but this happened last year with a couple of players where they went to a state and said it was for one thing and it was just a smokescreen.  I'm expecting the same thing here.  Riley's not gonna tip his hand so easily.

She posted it 3 hours ago, and judging by what Hayward wore when Brad picked him up at the airport, the photo is from AFTER the Boston meeting. So really... THAT'S your source??

Also, I think that's kind of WHY they need Hayward. So Isaiah doesn't have to play hero ball and there could be more balanced scoring and another lethal scoring threat.

Do you really view Horford and Bradley as "everyday 22 PPG scorers"? Nope.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #598 on: July 02, 2017, 11:23:58 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • On To Banner 18!
FWIW, Isaiah's wife liked that IG photo. So there's that.

Also, one more potential target gone now, Millsap.

I fear most of our fallback options will be signed in the coming days while we just wait on Hayward -sigh-
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #599 on: July 02, 2017, 11:26:02 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Millsap was never an option. Danny saw the hawks do nothing with a millsap-horford frontcourt. Why would he want to replicate that? Hawks had prime smith and prime Joe johnson and prime Millsap and prime horford and still accomplished nothing