Author Topic: TRADE IDEAS  (Read 15444 times)

Re: TRADE IDEAS
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2020, 08:06:11 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
I wouldn’t be very opposed to trading smart at his peak value.
I saw on goldenstateofmind proposals to trade their 2 pick for smart. I think we may need to add 30 to get both sides to agree on the deal.
Maybe target Beal with the 2 pick:
To GSW Smart (into trade exception) plus 30 pick
To Wizards 2 pick plus Romeo plus Carsen plus Green plus Poirier
To Celtics Beal

« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2020, 08:14:49 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
I saw on goldenstateofmind proposals to trade their 2 pick for smart. I think we may need to add 30 to get both sides to agree on the deal.
To Celtics Beal
No way GSW gives up the #2 pick for Smart.  Also taking him into their trade exception would mean a big increase in their repeater tax payment. 

« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2020, 08:39:02 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
To Celtics Beal
No way GSW gives up the #2 pick for Smart.  Also taking him into their trade exception would mean a big increase in their repeater tax payment.
That’s why we are giving up the 30 pick. Well I think the 2 pick is what his value is. Certain teams view Smart higher than others.
Another issue golden state have is that if they want to trade for a star that is paid accordingly they have to trade Wiggins for salary matching and his trade value is at its low (negative probably).

« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2020, 12:45:18 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Here is my late-night snag Troy Brown Jr. on the side trade (plus Beal).

https://tradenba.com/trades/-K35FCO1O

Hayward, Romeo, Theis      to indiana

Oladipo, Pick 14, Pick 30, T.J. Leaf, Javonte Green, Poirier, Ojeleye         to Washington

Beal, Myles Turner, Troy Brown Jr.  to Boston

-Nice for Indiana (I'm a believer in Romeo)
-Wizards add Oladipo, plus 14 and 30 added to pick 9 in case they want to combine to move up...
-C's add Beal and Brown Jr., replace Theis with a slight upgrade in paint presence and 3's

« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2020, 01:12:45 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

Oladipo, Pick 14, Pick 30, T.J. Leaf, Javonte Green, Poirier, Ojeleye         to Washington

-Wizards add Oladipo, plus 14 and 30 added to pick 9 in case they want to combine to move up...
-C's add Beal and Brown Jr., replace Theis with a slight upgrade in paint presence and 3's

Very lopsided for Boston. I don't think Washing does this but it's crazy good for The Celtics....

« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2020, 08:22:17 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

Very lopsided for Boston. I don't think Washing does this but it's crazy good for The Celtics....

I like the creativity, but I can’t see the Wiz giving up Beal for ‘dipo and a couple of mid-late 1st round picks - and taking Poirier off our books as a bonus!

« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2020, 08:41:42 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I don't like it for Washington to be honest. Beal is coming off a 31/6/4 season, so I doubt he'd be cheaply available
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2020, 09:08:08 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Creative idea. I like it, but I think one fundamental flaw with it is that Oladipo is on the last year of his contract and is extremely unlikely to resign with Washington, a team without much current or future talent. Washington might consider it more if Oladipo had more years on his contract.

« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2020, 09:49:59 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
To Celtics Beal
That’s why we are giving up the 30 pick. Well I think the 2 pick is what his value is. Certain teams view Smart higher than others.
Another issue golden state have is that if they want to trade for a star that is paid accordingly they have to trade Wiggins for salary matching and his trade value is at its low (negative probably).

Smart would be awesome for Golden State. He would be their new Iguodala. It would be a big boost to their title hoops next season and for the next few years to come.

It seems crazy but the draft is so weak at the top that it does make some sense. This is the weakest draft I can remember since that 2000 draft. And getting a player of Smart's ability is superior to many of the players at the top of that 2000 draft and that are being talked about at the top of this 2020 draft.

The only guy I am taking over Smart right now is the big center James Wiseman. Maybe Okongwu - I am not sure - how much offensive skill does he have? How much of his game can you replace with a FA big man like Tristan Thompson? Haliburton is tempting but I would be genuinely surprised if Haliburton out-performed Smart over the next 5 years.

Ideally, I would like to get somebody better than Smart for the #2 pick. Still though, it does make quite a lot of sense to me. GSW going for one of the finest glue guys in the league to finish off their team rather than another shot-creator since they already have a lot of that in Steph, Klay and Wiggins. Smart being somebody who could make a larger impact on their team than many of the mediocre 20ppg scorers in this league.

« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2020, 10:17:57 AM »

• Paul Silas
I'd like a little more interaction on my trade idea from the last page. The more I've thought about it, the more I like it for both teams.

Celtics: Harris (sign and trade, 4 year 8-10 million a year contract), Allen, Prince
Nets: Hayward (sign and trade, 4 year, 20 million a year contract)

Nets: In all likeliness, Harris is gone anyway. Allen lost his position to Jordan because Durant and Irving wanted him to start. Prince is a 3D rotation player (who shot 37% from the field this last season and has struggled to play defense against the best wings in the NBA). They replace that with Gordon Hayward, a player that Irving recruit to sign with the Cavs back in the day and was exciting to play with for the Cs. Hayward is a veteran talent ready to contribute at a high level in the playoffs. He can play on or off ball, which makes him a perfect complimentary piece to Irving and Durant.

Irving-Dinwiddie
Hayward-Lavert
Temple-Musa
Durant-Kurucs
Jordan-Vetmin signing

This gets pretty tough financially for the Nets unless Hayward is willing to opt-out and work a sign-and-trade to make it happen. That's about the only downfall for the Nets. That team is a really high-level team.

For the Cs, the benefits are diverse and great
1. This solves the luxury tax problem for at least another year.
2. This gives us great bench depth with veteran players
3. This gives us a quality big man to add to the rotation that may end up being our long-term starter
4. This gives us a great shooter that played with Walker, Brown, and Tatum on team USA.
5. This gives us another 3-D player in Prince to rotate in instead of Ojeleye.
6. This gives us multiple mid-level contracts, giving us great flexibility. If another big name came up in free agency, they would have the contracts to offer instead of needing to include Walker, Brown, or Tatum.
7. We aren't the bad guys if we trade Hayward to a contender that genuinely wants him

After this trade was completed, I think the Cs should consolidate their picks and try to move up to 7 if possible. Then, they should should offer their 2021 pick to the Hornets to take on Kanter (assuming he opts in) and Poirier, opening those roster spots, freeing up some more cap space, and create two small trade exemptions that could be helpful to get another rotation player.

Walker-Smart-Hayes?(2020 7th pick?)
Harris-Langford
Brown-Prince
Tatum-GWilliams
Theis-Allen-RWilliams
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 10:28:40 AM by DefenseWinsChamps »

« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2020, 10:36:32 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
GH has given me the impression that he would sign a longer term at discount(i am not saying he has to)

So although i can see him agreeing to 80m/4y i doubt he does it  for a sign and trade

« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2020, 10:39:39 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
To Celtics Beal

Smart would be awesome for Golden State. He would be their new Iguodala. It would be a big boost to their title hoops next season and for the next few years to come.

It seems crazy but the draft is so weak at the top that it does make some sense. This is the weakest draft I can remember since that 2000 draft. And getting a player of Smart's ability is superior to many of the players at the top of that 2000 draft and that are being talked about at the top of this 2020 draft.

The only guy I am taking over Smart right now is the big center James Wiseman. Maybe Okongwu - I am not sure - how much offensive skill does he have? How much of his game can you replace with a FA big man like Tristan Thompson? Haliburton is tempting but I would be genuinely surprised if Haliburton out-performed Smart over the next 5 years.

Ideally, I would like to get somebody better than Smart for the #2 pick. Still though, it does make quite a lot of sense to me. GSW going for one of the finest glue guys in the league to finish off their team rather than another shot-creator since they already have a lot of that in Steph, Klay and Wiggins. Smart being somebody who could make a larger impact on their team than many of the mediocre 20ppg scorers in this league.
Well we are getting Beal from wizards in this trade. He’s proven himself as a scorer in the playoffs. He’s also one of Tatums best friends. Beal is probably still better than Brown and should be better than Hayward and Kemba given their questionable health.
Another thing is by bringing Beal in who is not a selfish star you increase the Celtics efficiency and firepower significantly.
Imagine having 3 or 4 of KW, BB, GH, JB and JT on the court at all times. This will be a nightmare for any defense out there throughout the whole 48 minutes.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 10:47:18 AM by NKY fan »

« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2020, 10:44:13 AM »

• Paul Silas
To Celtics Beal

Well we are getting Beal from wizards in this trade. He’s proven himself as a scorer in the playoffs. He’s also one of Tatums best friends. Beal is probably still better than Brown and should be better than Hayward and Kemba given their questionable health.

We cannot get Bradley Beal without giving up one of our long-term contracts--Brown or Walker. Otherwise, we would be against the hard cap in 2021 without having a full roster.

As a trade, the idea is solid but needs a little more balancing in my opinion, but the Celtics cannot put themselves in that position.

« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2020, 10:50:00 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
To Celtics Beal

We cannot get Bradley Beal without giving up one of our long-term contracts--Brown or Walker. Otherwise, we would be against the hard cap in 2021 without having a full roster.

As a trade, the idea is solid but needs a little more balancing in my opinion, but the Celtics cannot put themselves in that position.
There is no sign and trade and or full MLE used. Why would we be against hard cap? High tax bill yes... but owners have to be ready to cover high luxury taxes.. see other threads from yesterday ... if owners are going to be balking at the prospect of luxury tax we might as well start rebuilding again.

« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2020, 10:59:14 AM »

• Paul Silas
To Celtics Beal

There is no sign and trade and or full MLE used. Why would we be against hard cap? High tax bill yes... but owners have to be ready to cover high luxury taxes.. see other threads from yesterday ... if owners are going to be balking at the prospect of luxury tax we might as well start rebuilding again.

My understanding is that there's still a limit above the luxury tax that you aren't allowed to go into to.