Author Topic: Why can't Stevens figure out how to stop Thompson?  (Read 2263 times)

Re: Why can't Stevens figure out how to stop Thompson?
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2018, 07:03:43 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
TT will suck ball vs every other team in the NBA but will come out and play like his is a Hall of Famer vs Boston. Always.

Yup. Pretty much. I think that 4-0 sweep against Boston a few years ago is the main reason Thompson got such a huge contract from Cleveland.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2018, 07:09:42 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Cav fan comments
"Great game by TT. This is as good as he has ever played. I didn't think he still had it in him."

"Exposing average AL as usual"

"I thought TT did a fantastic job on Horford in the 1st half so it was perplexing to see Lue randomly switch Love on Horford most of the 3rd quarter. What was that about? Horford has his way with Love, yet Tristan has his way (defensively) with Horford. Why did we go away from that for awhile?
Because lue is a moron. Same reason why he didn’t start TT from the beginning. He just can’t get out of his own way."

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2018, 07:19:04 PM »

Offline IndyCelt

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 4
I think its a combination, partly he is really awkward and gets away with going over the back and tipping the ball around a lot. He gets the benefirof being on LeBron's team and they dont call a lot of fouls that should be. I hate players like him that play like crap/ dont play and then against certain teams play great. It isnt just matchups it  is lack of motivation most of the season . You can tell watching him, the way he looks like he is running uphill into a hurricane  he doesnt play hard most of the time

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2018, 12:10:22 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Baynes needs to start.

Brad listened.

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2018, 12:11:43 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2018, 12:17:03 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Baynes needs to start.

Brad listened.

Baynes is obviously the answer to their adjustment in starting Thompson. It was clear from game 2. I thought Brad knew this but did not react so as not to allow them to dictate the pace of game.

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2018, 01:34:56 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Baynes needs to start.

good one

Didn't we win 16 straight games with Baynes starting?

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2018, 01:40:13 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Baynes needs to start.

Brad listened.

Baynes is obviously the answer to their adjustment in starting Thompson. It was clear from game 2. I thought Brad knew this but did not react so as not to allow them to dictate the pace of game.

Baynes is so awesome. His feet are so quick for his size. His only weakness is on offense, but even still he is shooting 3's at a respectable rate now, which is ridiculous.

Perhaps it's time we accept that Baynes has become not just solid, but actually kinda good...