Author Topic: EMBRACE the TANK!!!  (Read 17328 times)

Re: EMBRACE the TANK!!!
« Reply #75 on: December 29, 2014, 12:14:03 PM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
The title of this thread eerily reminded me of the book and movie "The Time Machine" where the builder of the machine observes a seemingly idyllic world populated by gentle people. But he also notices that the citizens of the future, known as "Eloi" behave more like mindless sheep than human beings because he learns to his dismay that humankind has forgotten all that it has learned through the centuries, preferring instead to frolic endlessly under the sun.  they must, however,  listen to and obey their rulers, the ruthless "Morlocks".  the Morlocks assure the Eloi that no harm will come to them if they follow one rule...... "EMBRACE THE TANK"

Now, I don't mind frolicking under the sun but when I sit down to watch my Celtics I want a happy ending with my C's blowing our opponent away by about 40, and the Morlocks can go embace whatever they dang please!!!

« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2014, 12:33:41 PM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 93
Bring back M.L.Carr.  What Danny has done is disgusting.  Destroyed what the Celtics have always stood for.  Red is cursing Danny and Wyc for deliberately bottoming out and shipping out dedicated hard working veterans, against there wishes. 
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

« Reply #77 on: December 29, 2014, 12:50:17 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Bring back M.L.Carr.  What Danny has done is disgusting.  Destroyed what the Celtics have always stood for.  Red is cursing Danny and Wyc for deliberately bottoming out and shipping out dedicated hard working veterans, against there wishes.
where did you get the idea that red would not approve of tanking?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #78 on: December 29, 2014, 01:59:18 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
Jeff Green and Bass and will be traded. Don't worry about that guys. Is not a matter of if, but when it will happen.

normally i'd agree. but they're still here and really should've been dealt eons ago.

there's no legitimate reason to be hanging on to these 2. we traded our best player for nothing. we're going to get nothing but low-ball offers for the likes of green & bass now. so if there is a deal out there for either or both we should take it. waiting til the deadline is the same mistake we made last season by now trading Rondo then. not sure what the H we're waiting for?

Well, there are potentially several good reasons to be hanging on to both of them for a bit - primarily because there are a bunch of players who were traded in the middle of December who won't be eligible to be traded again in salary packages until right before the February trading deadline.   Danny may already have a deal lined up for one or both that will simply have to wait until then.

Also, the further along in the calendar we get, the more certain it is that Green will "opt out", which helps to clarify his contract value and makes it easier to set a trading price.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.