Author Topic: Celtics (10-10) at Pelicans (10-10) Game #21 11/26/18  (Read 28900 times)

Re: Celtics (10-10) at Pelicans (10-10) Game #21 11/26/18
« Reply #495 on: November 27, 2018, 06:30:43 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Wow, Smart played 40 mins tonight, next was Tatum with 35, then Kyrie and Al with 32. Morris 30 Hayward 23 Baynes 20 rozier 19. Wonder if they’re worried about Gordon’s ankle at all after taking him off the minutes restriction previously

Hayward is defo not ready for bigtime minutes we forced him to have... 20-25 min to get his confidence and speed back is and must be the norm for him this season.

I am loving the Morris start.. He is definitely  very good scorer when we get stuck.. The starters tonight had good balance in scoring and defense.. JB and Hayward off the bench must be thought about by Stevens.. In the second unit GH the playmaker and JB the pick and roll guy will be a headache for other teams IMO.

« Reply #496 on: November 27, 2018, 06:40:03 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
You can't make decisions about playing time, groupings and substitution patterns based on one game

I agree but recall where you are posting. 

I am surprised there are not 10 trade Jaylen threads today.

« Reply #497 on: November 27, 2018, 06:54:29 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Good road win!
19-39 from 3pt range won it for us.
Similar to the Milwaukee game (we exploited slow footed Lopez with Horford's 3pt shooting).
You can't expect that to repeat every game, but a win is a win.
We really need hot shooting to have a great offense, as we also lost the FTA battle 10 vs 29.
10 FTA is a rather poor number.

We rely too much on our threes to go in in order to win.. On nights it falls.. We win..

On nights we struggle we obviously lose... We are exactly like the Pelicans as their record Also shoows 10-10..we must prove we can easily beat the likes of NY, Dallas and the Jazz in order for us to be called elite... We cannot go 2 wins tgen lose the next 3...that is a typical 7-8th seed team which we are unfortunately ATM.

Beating the likes of NY, Dallas, and Utah will make us elite? But beating teams like Toronto, Milwaukee, Philly, OKC, Detroit x2 won’t? The theme here is we show up for big games, or beat the truly awful teams who literally can’t even beat the C version of us. All those in-between games, we don’t get up for, which is pretty sad for a team that didn’t make the Finals last season and two stars who sat out the entire playoffs.

We should have a chip on our shoulder, instead these players think they are entitled to easy wins when we are the hunted.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #498 on: November 27, 2018, 07:07:22 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Beating the likes of NY, Dallas, and Utah will make us elite? But beating teams like Toronto, Milwaukee, Philly, OKC, Detroit x2 won’t? The theme here is we show up for big games, or beat the truly awful teams who literally can’t even beat the C version of us

I think we get up and show and play well for some teams and don't for others.

« Reply #499 on: November 27, 2018, 07:13:00 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I agree.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #500 on: November 27, 2018, 12:40:53 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Beating the likes of NY, Dallas, and Utah will make us elite? But beating teams like Toronto, Milwaukee, Philly, OKC, Detroit x2 won’t? The theme here is we show up for big games, or beat the truly awful teams who literally can’t even beat the C version of us

I posted this in Pho’s stats thread...I’m convinced of it. They don’t have the right mindset going into some of these games particularly against lesser teams. They start to take lazy shots, they don’t defend with enough effort, they don’t communicate on defense, and they start to expect someone else to do the heavy lifting and fight in the paint. Then they dig themselves in a hole and then they wake up. There will always be missed shots it’s how you respond to it that counts.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #501 on: November 27, 2018, 03:02:32 PM »

Offline CF033

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74

I posted this in Pho’s stats thread...I’m convinced of it. They don’t have the right mindset going into some of these games particularly against lesser teams. They start to take lazy shots, they don’t defend with enough effort, they don’t communicate on defense, and they start to expect someone else to do the heavy lifting and fight in the paint. Then they dig themselves in a hole and then they wake up. There will always be missed shots it’s how you respond to it that counts.

Yep, great teams consistently beat teams that they should beat. What I see with the Celts is the lack of a guy who wants to win at all costs such as a Bird, Magic, Jordan or playoff Lebron. Those guys got up for the big games but also wanted to destroy the lesser teams.

Maybe it's that our team is so young that they're still learning that this is the NBA and if you take your foot off the gas for long periods you can get beaten by anyone regardless of the talent on your team.

« Reply #502 on: November 29, 2018, 12:29:02 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
nice win boys

i was not able to make this game due to them moving schedule this year

the last 5 years we always played on a sunday night in march here.

not sure why they moved it but i could not make it this year on a weeknight

just glad we won regardless!

i had to watch through PELS telecast and they gave us plenty props!
LET'S GO CELTICS!