Author Topic: Rondo is the Biggest Ball Hog since Jordan.  (Read 11446 times)

Rondo is the Biggest Ball Hog since Jordan.
« on: February 07, 2013, 12:03:02 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

I love Rondo. I really do. He was everything I asked for when I prayed to the basketball gods back when we were starting Miracle Milt Palacio. I should have prayed for a jump shot but I didn't.

Nobody pounds it into the ground like Rajon. He must lead the league in dribbles every year. To see Barbosa and Lee play so well simply because they get to touch the ball now, has to make you wonder.

He is a dominant player in  any really big game, and he's even better come playoff time. He simply doesn't give 100% all of the time, yet he still dominates the ball like few players I have ever seen. And this is what hurts. On games that he can't get psyched up for he should give up the rock more. But he doesn't because he's stubborn. His greatest strength and weakness is the same thing with Rondo . Stubbornness. And thinking he's always right.   

Re: Rondo is the Biggest Ball Hog since Jordan.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 12:09:26 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Honestly, if this were a real problem, I would expect Doc to handle it.  If not Doc, KG, whom Rondo seems to respect a lot.  If not KG, then Dooling.  But as Doc seemed to not mention this much, much less design the offense around giving the ball to Rondo, I don't think calling him a "Ball Hog" is very fair treatment.

Maybe Doc should have designed the offense differently, or maybe players should have done a better job of getting open, or creating more when they had the ball, but Rondo wasn't Ball Hogging it in the way that you imply.

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 12:28:53 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Yes he was. It's not his fault so much. It's just who he is. My real point here is this. This is what you get with Rondo. The good the bad and the ugly. A top five player in the game when he's going all out. A player that goes toe to toe with Lebron James and even gets in his face and guards him.

And also Rondo the Ball Hog that simply does not want to give it up until he thinks so. There was a scout before the Draft that said he's gonna pound it, pound it, pound it. And he still does.

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 12:32:07 AM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
Oh boy.

we tend to underappreciate Rondo. Please refer to the link below and see who wants him.

http://www.celticslife.com/2013/02/kobe-you-dont-want-rondo-send-him-my.html
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 12:37:46 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Nobody pounds it into the ground like Rajon. He must lead the league in dribbles every year. To see Barbosa and Lee play so well simply because they get to touch the ball now, has to make you wonder.

Actually:

Quote from: Zach Lowe
It’s no secret Boston’s offense had grown very Rondo-dominant, especially this season. The Celtics are one of 15 teams that have invested in fancy data-tracking cameras from STATS LLC, and the information from those cameras, provided exclusively to Grantland, backs up that notion. Rondo has dribbled the ball about 486 times per tracked game this season, the fourth-highest figure in the league for players on those 15 camera teams, and about 90 more dribbles per game than he averaged last season, according to the data. A larger percentage of his touches — 41 percent this season, 35.5 percent last season — have involved at least six dribbles.

via Grantland
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 12:39:18 AM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
It's pretty crazy to me that half a season of .500 ball and a 5 game winning streak has turned so many fans against Rondo.

I will say I'm for trading him now, only because of his injury. But give me a healthy Rondo any day of the week and twice on Tuesday.

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 12:54:07 AM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
This is downright stupid, for lack of a better word.
A ball hog that gets 11 assists per game.
And don't come back with the " he gets the assists cause he holds the ball too much" or " he stat pads "

30 out of 30 teams in this league would easily take Rondo with open arms, regardless of his "attitude problem" as some would call it, I prefer to call it his Edge.

This team has used Rondo as a crutch when he's on the floor, and that's on Doc, and on the team. That's what he preaches, get the ball to Rondo, he'll make the plays.
But that doesn't always work, as we all know.
I think this team has turned a new page, realizing that they can move the ball and easily get buckets.
A healthy Rondo can and will adapt to the new system, he is the best passer in the league for crying out loud.

If I could close this thread I would..
SMH some people..

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 12:58:31 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
And don't come back with the " he gets the assists cause he holds the ball too much" or " he stat pads "

30 out of 30 teams in this league would easily take Rondo with open arms, regardless of his "attitude problem" as some would call it, I prefer to call it his Edge.

This team has used Rondo as a crutch when he's on the floor, and that's on Doc, and on the team. That's what he preaches, get the ball to Rondo, he'll make the plays.
I think this team has turned a new page, realizing that they can move the ball and easily get buckets.
A healthy Rondo can and will adapt to the new system, he is the best passer in the league for crying out loud.

SMH some people..

No he wouldn't, if rondo came back tomorrow we would go right back to the old system of rondo pounding the ball. Come on now, doc is the coach.

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2013, 12:58:50 AM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
PS. Rondo has given his heart and soul to this team, and some fans doesn't give him the respect that is due.

I'll wait till I see you "fans" post your "I wish Rondo was healthy" posts come playoff time.

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2013, 01:03:27 AM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Bleed Green, Die Green

SMH some people..

No he wouldn't, if rondo came back tomorrow we would go right back to the old system of rondo pounding the ball. Come on now, doc is the coach.

Yeah he will, He's not stupid, He's seen this team play without him. He can easily fit that role.

Watch, all the rondo haters will cry if he gets shipped outta here.

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2013, 01:05:32 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
PS. Rondo has given his heart and soul to this team, and some fans doesn't give him the respect that is due.

I'll wait till I see you "fans" post your "I wish Rondo was healthy" posts come playoff time.
TP.

It's a shame how so many fans have taken to kicking this guy when he's down, after all he's done for this organization.

Kid's a baller, and we're lucky to have him.

I'm real tired of these threads, but I fear they will continue, as long as he seems to be the best scapegoat available.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2013, 01:07:30 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
I think it is clear. The Celtics have won 5 games in a row against incredible competition without Rajon Rondo. They clearly are a much better team without him and he clearly has no value. No sense wasting time trying to trade him. Just cut him once he returns from his injury..............................Oh, they also should get rid of Sullinger because clearly he was also bringing no value to the team. They have won 4 straight without him (he actually played a few minutes in the first of these 4 straight wins)

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2013, 01:12:01 AM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
I think it is clear. The Celtics have won 5 games in a row against incredible competition without Rajon Rondo. They clearly are a much better team without him and he clearly has no value. No sense wasting time trying to trade him. Just cut him once he returns from his injury..............................Oh, they also should get rid of Sullinger because clearly he was also bringing no value to the team. They have won 4 straight without him (he actually played a few minutes in the first of these 4 straight wins)

I smell the sarcasm, and I like it.

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2013, 01:14:19 AM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Drunk posting is a bad idea, OP.   Bad night maybe?   I'm going with .. shot down by chick, craving attention from computer.  How'd I do?

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2013, 01:29:20 AM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
Hey man KG looked really good tonight, but he's getting old, maybe we should trade him for Javale Mcgee, he's so athletic and he can jump over a bus, we need him, maybe we can trade PP and KG and 2389 draft picks for Javale Mcgee... We Must Do This! Cause I know all about basketball, all you need is to Jump High and Block shots and make dunks.....