Author Topic: Celtics locker room issue  (Read 6855 times)

Re: Celtics locker room issue
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2019, 10:13:07 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
With everything that has come out it's easy to see why people think Kyrie is wavering.  If the C's don't get AD I can see Kyrie leaving.  There is a great divide in the locker room.  There are a few players that have some sort of entitlement.  This is the Millennial mindset.  I work with a lot of people in this age group and they want things handed to them.  They have a sense of entitlement, can't get off social media and feel they know everything.  It's tough.  I can see Brown, Tatum and Rozier thinking they can do everything Irving, Horford, Morris and Hayward are doing.  If the C's get AD and ship out Rozier and Tatum I believe the team next year will be a lot different with less youth and more established players that have been in the league and have been through tough times.  I was really excited to watch Tatum and Brown on the C's for 10 years but I just don't see that happening now.  Young players usually turn into stars on bad teams, grow together and become a contender together.  IT's not normal to have young starts come to a team with players like Hayward, Irving and Horford already there as established stars.  That's the divide.  It will change when people get moved or Kyrie bolts.   

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2019, 10:35:26 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
I really don't think there has been any reporting so far that gives any clear insight into the team's locker room defects. We can only look at this from the outside and guess. The reports so far are vague.

I must say I've been surprised at how the season has gone so far. This was a team with too many individual expectations. I always assumed Stevens would pick certain players and leave out some others, because when you have an incomplete a role, it makes it tough to a player to perform and improve. I expected Morris to get limited minutes. I expected a competition with Smart and Rozier, with only one getting minutes. I did not expect Stevens to try to play everyone. That alone seems to be enough to make this an awkward group.

Is Morris right? Possibly. He also could be facing the fact that he played the best two months of his career, and got a starting job on a very good team, and now is regressing back to the mean. At the same time, a more talented and younger player had a bad start, and now is playing up to his abilities, and will inevitably take Morris's job back soon.

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2019, 10:50:59 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Hopefully Danny is telling Kyrie that Morris and Rozier are gone at seasons end, and anyone else who is giving grief (looking at you Hayward and Brown) and that team will be fun next season.

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2019, 11:28:28 AM »

Offline MichiganAdam

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 16
I sure wish they had traded morris and rozier for a 2 for 1...maybe even 3 for 1.  Would have really nice to get a non expiring that would eat up less minutes this year and act as salary filler next year for a trade(s).  Someone making 7-10 millions would have been perfect.

« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2019, 11:59:57 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Our issues are on the court, not in the locker room.

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2019, 12:05:45 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Kyrie + Morris vs the rest

Horford, Baynes, Theis and Hayward are neutral. CBS neutral

This is what I can make out of this situation

After this season Danny must choose a path... unless team wins it all/or makes it to the finals

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2019, 12:20:39 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
“Truth is, I’m not necessarily playing the minutes that I want, the role that I want, that selfishly I would want for myself,” Celtics star Kyrie Irving said last Friday. “And that all goes on the back burner in terms of being patient with what I have to do to grow as a leader of this team and help these other young guys to be more prepared for what they will encounter as they get older in this league and then what we’re going through right now.”

Condescending and pretentious as it gets - this is the attitude that Irving walks around with every day. If you have ever been around someone like this, you know how those around him react - they are put off and are insulted.
Kyrie is not a leader as of yet. He is learning the role. This comment is not good. But, Until the AD trade or Kyrie signs or leaves we will be behind the other 3 east teams because we are not a team we are team in waiting. Kyrie needs to step and say i want to stay and maybe say we don't need AD to win a title here in Boston.
We should have won both of these games as well.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2019, 12:22:42 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Our issues are on the court, not in the locker room.

99%

« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2019, 12:33:56 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
“Truth is, I’m not necessarily playing the minutes that I want, the role that I want, that selfishly I would want for myself,” Celtics star Kyrie Irving said last Friday. “And that all goes on the back burner in terms of being patient with what I have to do to grow as a leader of this team and help these other young guys to be more prepared for what they will encounter as they get older in this league and then what we’re going through right now.”

Condescending and pretentious as it gets - this is the attitude that Irving walks around with every day. If you have ever been around someone like this, you know how those around him react - they are put off and are insulted.
Kyrie is not a leader as of yet. He is learning the role. This comment is not good. But, Until the AD trade or Kyrie signs or leaves we will be behind the other 3 east teams because we are not a team we are team in waiting. Kyrie needs to step and say i want to stay and maybe say we don't need AD to win a title here in Boston.
Danny should have traded Kyrie for Davis.  No, I did not advocate this position at the time.  I am being a Monday morning quarterback, like the rest of us.

« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2019, 12:51:36 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144

naw, that is leading by example.

He is letting others know that he is sacrificing for the team...as the entire team should be,

Its about the name on the front, not on the back of the jersey

« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2019, 01:33:17 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Seriously

They went to the ECF without you

Why cant he get it through his head?

« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2019, 01:34:36 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742

I'm as a big a fan or Kyrie as there is but I do think Kyrie needs to stop talking about being a leader. He needs to not even say the word anymore.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2019, 01:39:18 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

I'm as a big a fan or Kyrie as there is but I do think Kyrie needs to stop talking about being a leader. He needs to not even say the word anymore.

He sounds worst than Lebron if even that is possible

Iam sacrifing xyz.... the young guys better be appreciative....

No leader talks like this

Maybe an insecure leader

« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2019, 01:41:53 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Yep, I don’t want to ever hear him say the word leader.  And I know that quote is a few weeks old, but what minutes and role could he selfishly want?  He misses half of the games with minor soreness anyway so how could he handle more minutes?  He already has the keys to the car and can do whatever he wants.  What more is there?

« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2019, 01:42:35 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
The thing with Hayward is he has lost some quickness and isn't fast enough to get by his man and go all the way to the hoop with out getting hit. Just watch that next game and you'll see what I mean.

So teamwise a group who plays athletically and likes to get out and run alot, it IS an anchor and slows them down.

Brad should NOT have punished the youngsters like that after their run last year. Someone mentioned in another thread that it was no big deal but it absolutely was with rookies and second year players nearly knocking off Lebron to go to the finals.

YOU DO NOT PUNISH THAT...and I think that is at the root of all this.

I won't even mention his pay that they all see.

And honestly Terry is within his right to feel some kinda way about that.

I actually see things with Terry, and his game is not a finished product yet. You guys WILL regret letting him walk. He will have a similar career to Billups.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 01:51:07 PM by Triplenickle »