Author Topic: Brad Stevens needs to get mad !!!!!  (Read 3236 times)

Re: Brad Stevens needs to get mad !!!!!
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2015, 08:50:54 PM »

Offline jeezem

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 11
I'm sorry but most of their calls were absolutely brutal. Both of the "charges" that Kevin Love drew should have been blocking fouls. They showed a replay on both occasions and both times it showed him still sliding into position.

Also you can just tell that the Cavaliers players have no respect for the referees and the referees did nothing to show them they deserved it. On one play in particular the ref told JR Smith to tuck in his jersey and JR just ignored him and walked away laughing until Lebron yelled at him. Then immediately after he runs full speed into an Olynck screen and barrels him over. Just give him a technical at that point, obviously it was intentional.
  yeah, why didn't they call that a T or a flagrant?  Even the announcers picked up on it.  there was also the 1st play of the game where Bass got pushed driving to the basket, and landed on his but.  I didn't know you could push a guy while he was in the air any longer and that was just a regular foul.  I thought that was the definition of a flagrant 1, not a basketball play.  If that happened to LJ, the offending player would have been ejected.

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2015, 08:57:14 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
I'm sorry but most of their calls were absolutely brutal. Both of the "charges" that Kevin Love drew should have been blocking fouls. They showed a replay on both occasions and both times it showed him still sliding into position.

Also you can just tell that the Cavaliers players have no respect for the referees and the referees did nothing to show them they deserved it. On one play in particular the ref told JR Smith to tuck in his jersey and JR just ignored him and walked away laughing until Lebron yelled at him. Then immediately after he runs full speed into an Olynck screen and barrels him over. Just give him a technical at that point, obviously it was intentional.
  yeah, why didn't they call that a T or a flagrant?  Even the announcers picked up on it.  there was also the 1st play of the game where Bass got pushed driving to the basket, and landed on his but.  I didn't know you could push a guy while he was in the air any longer and that was just a regular foul.  I thought that was the definition of a flagrant 1, not a basketball play.  If that happened to LJ, the offending player would have been ejected.

You mean when the ref called a bad foul call, then JR was upset it was a bad call, then the ref acted like a smart ass and told him to tuck in his shirt. I agree that it was wrong of him to shove Olynyk for no reason after though. He was benched for the rest of the game I think.
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2015, 09:02:23 PM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 72
Lebron was not the issue

they needed to stop Irving...and they did not.

Also the closeouts on three point shooters was slow.

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2015, 09:03:47 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
Lebron was not the issue

they needed to stop Irving...and they did not.

Also the closeouts on three point shooters was slow.

This! LeBron and the refs was not the reason we lost lol
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2015, 10:28:41 PM »

Offline dwoumn

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 8
You'all are reading my post as an attack on a sub-par coach. Not at all. I love the guy and am hoping for the best for him, long-term, in Boston. But he is young, too, and he has some things to learn just like his young team does.

For example, the leaders in technicals in the league this year were Popovich, Kerr, Rivers, Thidobeau, Vogel. Some of the top coaches. I am not suggesting that Stevens try to be someone he is not, simply that he put more pressure on the officials. Even Gary Washburn of The Globe agreed with me back in January in an article echoing the same sentiments.

Stevens was actually working the refs all game. You can hear through his make at times during play. He's not an emotional coach so don't expect it. That's all he can do and when you are playing superstars like LBJ and Kyrie the calls won't go the C's way. It's something that they will have to unfortunately deal with.