Author Topic: 2012/2013 NBA Season  (Read 220091 times)

Re: 2012/2013 NBA Season
« Reply #1545 on: March 30, 2013, 11:37:34 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Congrats to Kobe. He passed Wilt on all time scoring list tonight moving into 4th all time. Thats very elite territory.

3 more!

Hopefully he continues to do it at the expense of his team. Jacking up shots even more than usual now.

5 titles???

Shaq and Pau in their primes???

Still won 5 titles. Its hard to win one. He won 5 and is still playing at an all nba level

It's all relative. Mr. big shot, Robert Horry, won 7 titles. Should Kobe carry his bags?

From wikipedia:

" He earned the nickname Big Shot Rob because of his clutch shooting in important games, and he is widely considered to be one of the greatest clutch performers in the history of the NBA."

"He played 16 seasons in the National Basketball Association (NBA), winning seven championships, the most of any player not to have played on the 1960s Boston Celtics."

« Reply #1546 on: March 30, 2013, 11:41:10 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Congrats to Kobe. He passed Wilt on all time scoring list tonight moving into 4th all time. Thats very elite territory.

3 more!

Hopefully he continues to do it at the expense of his team. Jacking up shots even more than usual now.

5 titles???

Still won 5 titles. Its hard to win one. He won 5 and is still playing at an all nba level

It's all relative. Mr. big shot, Robert Horry, won 7 titles. Should Kobe carry his bags?

From wikipedia:

" He earned the nickname Big Shot Rob because of his clutch shooting in important games, and he is widely considered to be one of the greatest clutch performers in the history of the NBA."

"He played 16 seasons in the National Basketball Association (NBA), winning seven championships, the most of any player not to have played on the 1960s Boston Celtics."

But is Horry still playing at an All-NBA level? Is this even a question?
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #1547 on: March 30, 2013, 11:42:28 PM »

Offline MVPPierceNoJoke

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
[/quote]

[/quote]

All I was saying is that Kobe has had a great career. Arguably a top 5 player of all time in my opinion. Someone said that he has shot his team out of games to get this accomplishment which I don't think holds a valid argument.

« Reply #1548 on: March 30, 2013, 11:43:01 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

3 more!

5 titles???

From wikipedia:

Kobe is not playing at an "all-NBA" level this year.

Did you miss the part where Horry was described as widely considered one of the greatest clutch performers in NBA history?

« Reply #1549 on: March 30, 2013, 11:45:22 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

3 more!

5 titles???

From wikipedia:

What's the point of that question? Is Bill Russell or Michael Jordan still playing at an all-NBA level?

Kobe won't be playing in the NBA when he's their age either.

« Reply #1550 on: March 30, 2013, 11:45:47 PM »

Offline MVPPierceNoJoke

• Don Chaney

3 more!

5 titles???

From wikipedia:

Did you miss the part where Horry was described as widely considered one of the greatest clutch performers in NBA history?

So who are the other 15 players that you would say are having a better season than Kobe?

« Reply #1551 on: March 30, 2013, 11:47:02 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

[/quote]

All I was saying is that Kobe has had a great career. Arguably a top 5 player of all time in my opinion. Someone said that he has shot his team out of games to get this accomplishment which I don't think holds a valid argument.
[/quote]

To me it's about as meaningless as Pierce and KG passing old guys on the all-time lists this year too. It's a nice, brief moment for the fans, but in the end it doesn't really matter much.

« Reply #1552 on: March 30, 2013, 11:49:10 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
To me it's about as meaningless as Pierce and KG passing old guys on the all-time lists this year too. It's a nice, brief moment for the fans, but in the end it doesn't really matter much.

If it's supposed to be "a nice, brief moment for the fans," why do you have to go ruin it by defaming him?
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #1553 on: March 30, 2013, 11:50:16 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

3 more!

5 titles???

From wikipedia:

So who are the other 15 players that you would say are having a better season than Kobe?

All-NBA team consists of 5 players. There are many more than 5 that I would put above Kobe this year.

« Reply #1554 on: March 30, 2013, 11:50:57 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

3 more!

5 titles???

From wikipedia:

All-NBA team consists of 5 players. There are many more than 5 that I would put above Kobe this year.

You forgot All-NBA second and third teams, plus the All-NBA defensive teams.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #1555 on: March 30, 2013, 11:51:15 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

If it's supposed to be "a nice, brief moment for the fans," why do you have to go ruin it by defaming him?

I don't care about Kobe or his fans. I'm also not "defaming" him. I'm stating my opinion based on facts, but mainly, yea, I don't care about Kobe or his fans, he's a highly overrated player who wanted to be MJ. It's pretty sad.

If I wanted to defame him, I would talk about the way he treats his teammates and his rape charges, etc.

« Reply #1556 on: March 30, 2013, 11:53:29 PM »

Offline MVPPierceNoJoke

• Don Chaney

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

CelticConcourse said it right. There are 3 all nba teams. I would still be willing to say he will make all nba first team

« Reply #1557 on: March 30, 2013, 11:54:40 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Hahaha. Career missed shots:

1) Kobe Bryant: 13,201 and counting
2) Karl Malone: 12,682
3) Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: 12,470
4) Michael Jordan: 12,345
5) Wilt Chamberlain: 10,816
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #1558 on: March 30, 2013, 11:55:32 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

[/quote]

[/quote]

CelticConcourse said it right. There are 3 all nba teams. I would still be willing to say he will make all nba first team
[/quote]

I've never been one to praise players for making all-NBA 2nd or 3rd teams, I don't really care. It's nice for a player like Bradley or Sullinger, it's meaningless for players like KG, Pierce, or Kobe.

Also, all-NBA defensive team is a load of crap when you look at the players that make it. Rondo should never, ever be considered all-defensive team for example.

« Reply #1559 on: March 30, 2013, 11:56:05 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Hahaha. Career missed shots:

1) Kobe Bryant: 13,201 and counting
2) Karl Malone: 12,682
3) Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: 12,470
4) Michael Jordan: 12,345
5) Wilt Chamberlain: 10,816

Wow, the Mailman is up there!