Author Topic: We actually look better  (Read 50750 times)

Re: We actually look better
« Reply #210 on: December 21, 2014, 08:40:22 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Pressey is better than Jameer Nelson.

And Turner should start at the point.
I'd agree to this.

I feel like this game would have been a 4 point loss with Rondo, which is nothing to brag about

I don't like Turner at the point. This season's a wash anyway even if we're a "playoff" team in the East, may as well start Smart and give him 30+ mins a night to learn

« Reply #211 on: December 21, 2014, 08:40:24 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
I'm not sure what's uglier.

This fish... 

Or how the celtics looked tonight.

That looks like Ziggy.

« Reply #212 on: December 21, 2014, 08:40:24 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

But Jameer Nelson got traded for Rondo so he's basically an all star. Let's chalk it up to a bad night.

I would rather see Pressey. Pressey can defend.

« Reply #213 on: December 21, 2014, 08:41:49 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Fugly game.

« Reply #214 on: December 21, 2014, 08:43:06 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349

But Jameer Nelson got traded for Rondo so he's basically an all star. Let's chalk it up to a bad night.

Nah Nelson was just a throw in because as the Rondo haters on this board would have you believe, Wright is the best thing to happen to this team since Bird

Well, you see, Wright has longer wings/arms than Birds, so he's basically better.

« Reply #215 on: December 21, 2014, 08:44:25 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
No Wade, no Bosh, and we get torched.
First game with the new guys is 75% of the excuse but I hope people can see that the transition from Rondo to Smart is going to take 1-2 seasons before Smart is comfortable out there.

He's got a lot on his mind right now trying to learn/run this offense, whilst improving his jumpshot and staying healthy. Big weight on his shoulder but he's a warrior and I've got faith in him.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #216 on: December 21, 2014, 08:44:44 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
The Celtics had ZERO fastbreak points tonight. Wow.

« Reply #217 on: December 21, 2014, 08:45:48 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346

Pressey gives effort. But he can't defend. He gets torched almost every time he's put on the court.

« Reply #218 on: December 21, 2014, 08:46:28 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

Who would you rather have guarding opposing guards? Jameer Nelson or Phil Pressey...?
The age old question...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UthMHjoNyjA&list=PL2osLliDtgzuoKULt3w-r8MIfmbb5B_Fw
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #219 on: December 21, 2014, 08:46:29 PM »

Offline Shamrocker

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 69

Nelson did a poor job dictating pace.

« Reply #220 on: December 21, 2014, 08:47:46 PM »

Offline inverselock

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44
Someone mentioned before, its because Rondo can't contribute to scoring, we play 4 on 5 in half court offense.

Replace elite playmaking with role player scoring and now we're playing 5 on 5.  No negative loss for our offense.  Maybe a slight positive.
Rondo can't contribute to scoring? Let's see how much KO or Sully scores with Pressey passing to them now.

Did alright yesterday w/o Rondo.

Elite playmaking is easily replaced by good team offense. 

Dallas were the leading team ppg with Ellis 4.7 ast/g, Nelson 4.1 ast/g, Harris 4.0 ast/g.
Oh yeah. That's why the Clippers would never worry about losing CP3. You just need good offense.

How on earth do Dallas score the most points in the league without an elite playmaker?   Same goes for Toronto,  GSW,  Phoenix,  Portland.

Find me a player on a championship team with Rondo's play style as part of a big3.  There are none.

« Reply #221 on: December 21, 2014, 08:48:56 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2409

Nelson has done a bad job his entire career of pushing the ball. No reason to expect that to change now. Stan Van Gundy was always on his case for not pushing the ball hard enough even when Nelson was at his peak.

« Reply #222 on: December 21, 2014, 08:49:22 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Someone mentioned before, its because Rondo can't contribute to scoring, we play 4 on 5 in half court offense.

Replace elite playmaking with role player scoring and now we're playing 5 on 5.  No negative loss for our offense.  Maybe a slight positive.
Rondo can't contribute to scoring? Let's see how much KO or Sully scores with Pressey passing to them now.

Dallas were the leading team ppg with Ellis 4.7 ast/g, Nelson 4.1 ast/g, Harris 4.0 ast/g.
Oh yeah. That's why the Clippers would never worry about losing CP3. You just need good offense.

How on earth do Dallas score the most points in the league without an elite playmaker?   Same goes for Toronto,  GSW,  Phoenix,  Portland.

Find me a player on a championship team with Rondo's play style as part of a big3.  There are none.
2008 Celtics

« Reply #223 on: December 21, 2014, 08:49:48 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo

Good point.

« Reply #224 on: December 21, 2014, 08:51:06 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo

Nelson has done a bad job his entire career of pushing the ball. No reason to expect that to change now. Stan Van Gundy was always on his case for not pushing the ball hard enough even when Nelson was at his peak.

I said I would reserve judgment on Nelson until I saw him play.

They can waive him for all I care. I don't like him at all.

Give me Pressey any day.