Author Topic: Patriots 2022 Season  (Read 107404 times)

Re: Patriots 2022 Season
« Reply #960 on: December 05, 2022, 06:46:11 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Pats-Raiders flexed out of SNF next week (thank god, HATE night games and we've had so many lately). Game will be 4:05 on December 18. Commanders-Giants now SNF that week

Think we would've had four straight night games since Thanksgiving. @Vikings, TNF vs Bills, @Cardinals and would've been SNF @LV.

Commanders-Giants a decent matchup. They got a tie yesterday.

Glad you mentioned this as I wasn’t aware Pats were MNF this week. I assumed with all the unorthodox times the last few weeks that the Pats were back to normal Sunday.

Really glad they changed following week’s game time. They are ruining my Sundays. 
« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 07:23:41 PM by Neurotic Guy »

« Reply #961 on: December 08, 2022, 09:22:22 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Cardinals DC Vance Joseph dissing the Patriots, specifically took a shot at Matt Patricia "Patriots attack ‘like a defensive guy’s calling offense’"

I can't even defend that disrespect. Lotta truth to it, the offensive playcalling has been putrid these days lol

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #962 on: December 09, 2022, 01:38:41 AM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Cardinals DC Vance Joseph dissing the Patriots, specifically took a shot at Matt Patricia "Patriots attack ‘like a defensive guy’s calling offense’"

I can't even defend that disrespect. Lotta truth to it, the offensive playcalling has been putrid these days lol

Can’t be an insult if it’s the truth, which it is. Patricia sucks at calling plays on offense.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #963 on: December 09, 2022, 02:28:15 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
I miss Nick in these threads.

« Reply #964 on: December 09, 2022, 09:26:32 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Greg Bedard of Boston Sports Journal and Tom E. Curran of NBC Sports Boston suggesting that Belichick could be fired or "let go" if the Pats lose to Arizona. They been talking about it on NBC Sports Boston and Felger and Mazz all afternoon.

What do you guys think? Has Belichick used up all his credit from six Super Bowl wins? Is Kraft going to give Belichick the flick? We're an impatient and intolerant bunch here in Boston these days  :angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #965 on: December 09, 2022, 10:17:05 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
I think it’s ridiculous to suggest that Monday’s game in Arizona is somehow the key to Belichick’s future in Foxboro.
Monday’s game is just a game.  The trend on the radio is to think Patricia will be fired and Bill will be pressured to have a better plan for his coaching staff next year. 

If Pats lose out, I put firing BB at about 5%.

« Reply #966 on: December 09, 2022, 11:27:30 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
I think it’s ridiculous to suggest that Monday’s game in Arizona is somehow the key to Belichick’s future in Foxboro.
Monday’s game is just a game.  The trend on the radio is to think Patricia will be fired and Bill will be pressured to have a better plan for his coaching staff next year. 

If Pats lose out, I put firing BB at about 5%.

I'm sure Bill is making a note of every single person who is suggesting he will be fired and will make it a point to be even more churlish to them than he usually is  :police:

« Reply #967 on: December 10, 2022, 12:01:26 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Greg Bedard of Boston Sports Journal and Tom E. Curran of NBC Sports Boston suggesting that Belichick could be fired or "let go" if the Pats lose to Arizona. They been talking about it on NBC Sports Boston and Felger and Mazz all afternoon.

What do you guys think? Has Belichick used up all his credit from six Super Bowl wins? Is Kraft going to give Belichick the flick? We're an impatient and intolerant bunch here in Boston these days  :angel:

Please don’t give this kind of trash clicks/eyeballs by posting it here. It is why it is written. If this happens I will give you a Tommy point every day for a year. But otherwise just no….

« Reply #968 on: December 10, 2022, 02:35:59 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White

Please don’t give this kind of trash clicks/eyeballs by posting it here. It is why it is written. If this happens I will give you a Tommy point every day for a year. But otherwise just no….

If it happens I'd like a Tommy point every hour for a year  :police:

That being said, it's turning into a big story here in Boston. Not among the beat reporters who have to talk to Bill every week but the analysts and talking heads are coalescing around the narrative that Kraft might be open to a change (for the good of both parties) if the Patriots miss the playoffs again this year. Especially if Bill doubles down on his coaching team of Patricia and Judge. Not that he would fire him, but that he might either be eased out or Bill may decide to just call it quits and go to Nantucket instead of presiding over a rebuild. Peter King from MMQ brought it up too.

Personally I can't see it happening, but if they miss the playoffs and end up with a losing season I'm sure that would create some pressure.

« Reply #969 on: December 11, 2022, 04:20:07 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Jets lose. If the Pats win tomorrow night, they officially slide back into a playoff spot (7th seed)

The Dolphins-Chargers game tonight, regardless of result, will also help the Pats in some way
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #970 on: December 12, 2022, 08:21:04 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
YIKES. Kyler Murray down, looks like a non-contact injury. Cart coming out...

« Reply #971 on: December 12, 2022, 08:27:28 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens

Yeah - that is terrible.  ACL?

« Reply #972 on: December 12, 2022, 08:31:53 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Has there ever been a less disciplined Belichik team?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #973 on: December 12, 2022, 08:31:59 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
Ugly offense after the 1st play to Parker.  This game may become hard to watch.

« Reply #974 on: December 12, 2022, 08:33:50 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Yeah - that is terrible.  ACL?

They're calling it a knee injury, questionable to return. But the reporter also said Kyler had a towel around his head and was "sobbing" so might be serious...  :(