Author Topic: Patriots 2022 Season  (Read 110313 times)

Re: Patriots 2022 Season
« Reply #1005 on: December 13, 2022, 02:04:20 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2526
This win is for Nick. I have posted a lot less since he has stopped posting after 18 years.. I’ve been here 18+ years too. Look back at the trolls on this thread. Those people are still here. There is value in decade plus posters in my opinion. If this is my last post everyone knows who I appreciated. (It wasn’t Moranis who was briefly made a mod in the absolute rock bottom For this forum. Thank god that was rectified). I hope roy and others, who I respect immensely , take a long look at losing long time posters.

This thread doesn’t matter. Need everyone to be all in on the C’s this year. The team is special and it’s a real shame that long time posters are leaving. Hope that you reconsider. Also hope that Nick comes back.

Completely agree.

Losing Nick’s voice here has been a huge deal. I don’t understand why he’s no longer posting here - his CE posts and Celtics / Pats posts are missed and needed. 

I hope you’ll reconsider, Clay.  It’d be disappointing to lose you as well.

This blog provides the majority of my entertainment- it’s my regular non-work, non-family go to. It’s become a daily pastime over the last 17 years or so. I feel connected to this community and am grateful for it.  I hope this doesn’t turn into an exodus of great, long-time posters. What a shame if that’s what is happening. And no worse time for it as we’re sharing the ascension of a long awaited Celtics contender and as the world is splintering and dividing politically. 

Hope Nick returns and hope you stay with us Clay.

« Reply #1006 on: December 13, 2022, 07:15:08 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
Seeing the Patriots in the final playoff spot after that debacle in Arizona is pretty uninspiring.  We have a playoff hopeful with absolutely zero hope of making noise in the post-season.

« Reply #1007 on: December 13, 2022, 08:41:13 AM »

Online A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Seeing the Patriots in the final playoff spot after that debacle in Arizona is pretty uninspiring.  We have a playoff hopeful with absolutely zero hope of making noise in the post-season.
I couldn't agree more. This team doesn't have a future for this season. I know you can't tank in the NFL, but I'd rather this team get a better pick than get smacked by the 2 seed.
#JKJB

« Reply #1008 on: December 13, 2022, 10:10:05 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
(Pats now have more than 6 wins)

@Moranis

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1009 on: December 13, 2022, 11:20:08 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

I thought it was interesting that Troy Aikman, during the broadcast, said that there's been a lot of bad football in the NFL this season, especially a lot of bad offense. I figured that the NFL wouldn't want such things said on any of its broadcasts, but Aikman is absolutely right, and I appreciated his candor.

The Patriots really are a mess. Yes, they might make the playoffs, but they'll probably be destroyed in the first round. I understand that the receiving corps is low-end, but it's maddening that 95% of Jones's throws travel only about 3-5 yards downfield. I really, really don't understand why Belichick is sticking with Patricia and Judge, as they playcalling is often terrible.

And I don't care how desperate they are for receiving help, they can cut Agholor anytime now; he's got stone hands. The Pats haven't caught a lot of breaks this season, but they did last night when that Agholor deflection for a pick-six was overturned, because that would've tied the game and shifted the momentum to Arizona.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #1010 on: December 13, 2022, 11:45:20 AM »

Offline MarcusSmartFanClub

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 59

@Moranis

I’m just glad he finally relented. That whole thing about being a “proponent of schedules” was laughable. Guy thought he knew what he was talking about when it was clear that he was out of his element.

Re: the Pats- the offense stinks and the defense is pretty good. The Patriots should never intentionally lose for draft picks. That’s how you become the Jets.

« Reply #1011 on: December 13, 2022, 12:29:25 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens

@Moranis

I’m just glad he finally relented. That whole thing about being a “proponent of schedules” was laughable. Guy thought he knew what he was talking about when it was clear that he was out of his element.

Re: the Pats- the offense stinks and the defense is pretty good. The Patriots should never intentionally lose for draft picks. That’s how you become the Jets.

Intentionally lose - no. But if they were to lose out, I see that as generally better than squeaking out a playoff berth at 10-7 or 9-8 only to get blown out again in round 1.

« Reply #1012 on: December 13, 2022, 12:32:27 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Hey, can anyone tell me if Patricia has called another screen pass?
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #1013 on: December 13, 2022, 02:04:51 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

Is there any other type of pass he knows how to call?
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #1014 on: December 13, 2022, 02:59:59 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I’m glad my man Uche is coming on strong. 10 sacks in his last 5 games, including 3 sacks twice. Learning a lot from Judon it seems
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #1015 on: December 13, 2022, 08:34:44 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!

« Reply #1016 on: December 13, 2022, 11:34:15 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Mods you can move this if you want, but I didn’t want to create a new thread and draw new attention to it. This seemed the easiest way to do it. A number of you asked me about getting in touch with Nick and it has come up here. He has given me the ok to share his contact. If you want it, pm me and please don’t post further about it in this thread. Go patriots.

« Reply #1017 on: December 14, 2022, 07:47:01 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

A 3-5 yard route on 3rd and long?
I'm bitter.

« Reply #1018 on: December 14, 2022, 09:37:38 AM »

Offline MarcusSmartFanClub

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 59
I think 7-6 is ok for this squad. The AFC East is better this year. They’ve beaten the teams they’re supposed to beat (besides CHI) and have lost to more talented squads. If Belichick wasn’t the coach, the Pats could be 3-10.

« Reply #1019 on: December 14, 2022, 10:45:25 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!

A 3-5 yard route on 3rd and long?

You'll get a 2-yard swing pass to Stevenson on the outside on 3rd and 14 and you will like it!
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller