Author Topic: 2012 Patriots Football  (Read 111805 times)

Re: 2012 Patriots Football
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2012, 08:21:09 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Demps vs Bucs Preseason

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRbZL2UnRIo

TP, thanks. I hope we see a lot more of that this season.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2012, 09:45:56 AM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
I'm hereby proposing "Beep! Beep!" as Jeff Demp's nickname.

« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2012, 12:47:08 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
Apparently FB Spencer Larsen was cut from the Pats roster.
So much for the FB experiment...
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2012, 12:48:10 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
so was stallworth
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2012, 05:32:07 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Ventrone cut.   When will he be back?

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2012, 06:15:43 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Spencer larsen was put on the IR wasnt cut

« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2012, 06:16:13 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
The Patriots made a series of moves on Monday to reach the NFL roster limit of 75 players.

The team announced they have released defensive lineman Tim Bulman, wide receiver Jabar Gaffney, wide receiver Donte' Stallworth, defensive back Ross Ventrone and defensive lineman Gerard Warren. In addition, they have placed defensive back Will Allen, safety Josh Barrett and fullback Spencer Larsen on injured reserve.

They also put tight end Jake Ballrd and defensive lineman Myron Pryor on the reserve/physically unable to perform list. And rookie free agent offensive lineman Markus Zusevics was placed on the reserve/non-football injury list. And they also claimed first-year wide receiver Kerry Taylor.

For more on the Patriots, check out weei.com/patriots.

« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2012, 10:28:12 PM »

Offline gotjoker?

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
New England will travel to Baltimore in week three.

It's always a relief when there's one less star defensive player you'll have to contend with.  However, you know if New England should find a way to win, Suggs will have something to say to the media.

Baltimore Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs has been placed on the physically unable to perform list.

That means Suggs will have to miss at least the first six weeks of the season. The move, announced Monday, comes as no surprise because Suggs is recovering from a torn right Achilles, an injury that should keep him sidelined at least into November.

Suggs, the reigning Defensive Player of the Year, had 14 sacks last season.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/nfl/08/27/terrell-suggs.ap/index.html

« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2012, 10:11:47 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Has anyone else been shocked by Cunningham's transformation into Willie McGinest?  He was a stringbean a couple years ago, who couldn't get on the field, because he couldn't cover as a linebacker, and was too weak to battle on the line...now he is bullrushing from a 3 technique and getting sacks?

I guess its a pretty even playing field with PEDs in the NFL (I really think a LOT of guys use them)...so hopefully this guy can revive his career a bit. 

« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2012, 10:22:42 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
Has anyone else been shocked by Cunningham's transformation into Willie McGinest?  He was a stringbean a couple years ago, who couldn't get on the field, because he couldn't cover as a linebacker, and was too weak to battle on the line...now he is bullrushing from a 3 technique and getting sacks?

I love it. I thought this guy was a lock to be cut, and now he is a roster lock, IMHO.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2012, 10:44:51 AM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen

I guess its a pretty even playing field with PEDs in the NFL (I really think a LOT of guys use them)...so hopefully this guy can revive his career a bit.

What about Brace, too?  He's looking like he can be a stout anchor for the defensive line.  Another guy that seemed to be on the outide looking in when camp started.  BB's recent drafts are starting to look better and better. 

« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2012, 11:34:42 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones

What about Brace, too?  He's looking like he can be a stout anchor for the defensive line.  Another guy that seemed to be on the outide looking in when camp started.  BB's recent drafts are starting to look better and better.

Yes, I forgot about Brace, thanks for reminding me.
My concerns at this point: (1) O-Line, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Waters comes back and (2) Running Backs -- they just can't seem to stay healthy.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2012, 11:38:02 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

My concerns at this point: (1) O-Line, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Waters comes back and (2) Running Backs -- they just can't seem to stay healthy.

Yup, im still hoping waters comes back and Vollmer will stay healthy.  I think those are the two keys for the O-line this season.

With the RB's I think we should be OK.  Though Vereen is starting to look like another Belichick second round busst
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2012, 11:41:04 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

What RBs are injured?

« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2012, 11:49:14 AM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen

What RBs are injured?

Vereen got hurt (again) against the Bucs.  Ridley, not sure if his not playing was because he was dinged during practice or because they knew he was the starter and wanted to make sure he didn't GET hurt last night.  Demps seemed to have some kind of injury late last night, although word today was that it's nothing too serious (not an ACL).

With the (re-)emergence of Cunningham and Brace, though, you may not be able to say "another BB 2nd-round bust!" too much longer.