Poll

Should the Celtics trade for AD?

Yes.  (Tatum in the deal)
22 (44.9%)
No.   (Not worth giving up assets for a one year rental)
19 (38.8%)
Yes but only if Tatum isn't in the deal.
8 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Anthony Davis traded to Lakers(page 272)  (Read 339485 times)

Re: Anthony Davis trade thread(Davis trade request page 33)
« Reply #2145 on: March 16, 2019, 06:06:31 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144

Boston trades Hayward, Tatum, LAC pick and Boston 2019 pick and Boston 2021 pick and get Davis and Moore.

Not a chance Pelicans get that much for Davis.

People are forgetting it's up to the team trading for Davis to get him to stay or else he is a rental player. You don't trade a top 10 potential player for a rental let alone two first and a former all star still in his prime. Please refer to past deals of PG, Leonard, and others in the top 10 the teams didn't get what you are offering.

Hayward may never return to form.
And value is not based on what he was 3 years ago. Its on the now and his percieved future value.

All we know is right now he is a 30plus mill per year slightly below average performer. You would be dealing him on potential.

And while Tatum may have top 10 potential...maybe...that luster has lost a little sheen this season. And I am not sure he hits the top 10 potential playing in a boston with all the talent here ahead of him.
First off PG had the same injury two years later he is having his best season and in the MVP conversation so why not believe Hayward will recover? Also Tatum hasn't lost sheen, what you forget is last season he finished strong because he was the head guy this season he isnt and that isnt due to his play but the return of Hayward and Irving. Also you still dont address my big points the potential Davis being a rental or the fact other top ten guys went for less than you want to give.

Hayward and gordons injuries were very different and George was showing much better far sooner than Hayward has.

Your point on tatum has proven my point. Tatum has looked regressed and has been down in all statistical categories despite opportunity for improved efficiency with players back. And like I stated and you supported....tatum may have top 10 potential but I doubt he hits it here with all the assets the team has.

And in regards to Davis possibly being a rental. If he is on a team with Irving, hayward, Smart, Brown winning tonnes of games he will not leave.

George was traded for a similar package.
Hayward was the same injury. And he is farther behind because he had a second clean up. Also he is coming back to a stacked team harder to get minutes on it.
My point on Tatum doesn't prove your point it's about other guys now featured. If we were going through Tatum like we did last season's end he would be doing as good or better. Irving requires the ball. Hayward needs minutes.

You can't asume a guy who asks to go to LA will accept he will stay in Boston. Completely different cities.

And lol, go look at the PG trade if you think they are comparable. Oli, and Sabonis were mediocre at best for their careers and prospects going foward. Oli blew up which no one predicted after the trade and Sabonis is still just mediocre to this day. No one on Hayward's or Tatum's level or exuse me, three first.

Ok so it was argued that Hayward injury was worse than Georges and you are arguing that haywards injury was worse.

It was argued that tatum might not hit top 10 level of a player on the celtics because of the talent on the celtics and you argued that tatum isnt looking as good because of other players on the celtics.

And lastly you debate about trade values. I see Hayward as what he currently is...which is sabonis level impact. And Tatum has a slightly better producer and is younger than what dipo was 3 years ago in OKC.

But Davis is a top 3 player and george, when traded was top 15 arguably top 10
I didnt say it was worse, do you even know what he had done? All it did was set back time. The deal is not even close you seriously reaching and it's laughable.

As for Davis being a better player. He is better but PG was more accomplished and is considered a bigger need around the league because the way the game is played today. Lets also not forget Cousins was having more success when Davis was out for the Pelicans than Davis had when Cousins was out so there is a question on how good Davis' impact is. The C's are stacked at the wing so you don't see the drought at that position that teams have. Fans take a talent like Tatum foregranted. But you need a PG, Tatum, KD, LeBron, Gianis, ect to compete in today's game. PFs are less impactful.

Well for the first part tou disagree but do nothing to support you claim other that just a blanket statement that I am to accept. So let just drop that part

On Davis' impact in comparison to Georges. Indy seems ok without george too over a much larger sample size than NOP without cousins.

And pretty sure Davis was dominate in the playoffs without cousins.
A blank statement was all that ridiculousness warranted.

And again all you do is reach. Let me know when the Pacers even look like a ECF participant like they did with PG or if Davis impact equals actual wins for his team.

Davis' career winshare is 72 games (7 seasons)

Paul george in MORE seasons is 64 games (9 SEASONS 1 lost to injury)

Davis is worth much more than George.

« Reply #2146 on: March 16, 2019, 06:57:42 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

Boston trades Hayward, Tatum, LAC pick and Boston 2019 pick and Boston 2021 pick and get Davis and Moore.

Not a chance Pelicans get that much for Davis.

People are forgetting it's up to the team trading for Davis to get him to stay or else he is a rental player. You don't trade a top 10 potential player for a rental let alone two first and a former all star still in his prime. Please refer to past deals of PG, Leonard, and others in the top 10 the teams didn't get what you are offering.

Hayward may never return to form.
And value is not based on what he was 3 years ago. Its on the now and his percieved future value.

All we know is right now he is a 30plus mill per year slightly below average performer. You would be dealing him on potential.

And while Tatum may have top 10 potential...maybe...that luster has lost a little sheen this season. And I am not sure he hits the top 10 potential playing in a boston with all the talent here ahead of him.
First off PG had the same injury two years later he is having his best season and in the MVP conversation so why not believe Hayward will recover? Also Tatum hasn't lost sheen, what you forget is last season he finished strong because he was the head guy this season he isnt and that isnt due to his play but the return of Hayward and Irving. Also you still dont address my big points the potential Davis being a rental or the fact other top ten guys went for less than you want to give.

Hayward and gordons injuries were very different and George was showing much better far sooner than Hayward has.

Your point on tatum has proven my point. Tatum has looked regressed and has been down in all statistical categories despite opportunity for improved efficiency with players back. And like I stated and you supported....tatum may have top 10 potential but I doubt he hits it here with all the assets the team has.

And in regards to Davis possibly being a rental. If he is on a team with Irving, hayward, Smart, Brown winning tonnes of games he will not leave.

George was traded for a similar package.
Hayward was the same injury. And he is farther behind because he had a second clean up. Also he is coming back to a stacked team harder to get minutes on it.
My point on Tatum doesn't prove your point it's about other guys now featured. If we were going through Tatum like we did last season's end he would be doing as good or better. Irving requires the ball. Hayward needs minutes.

You can't asume a guy who asks to go to LA will accept he will stay in Boston. Completely different cities.

And lol, go look at the PG trade if you think they are comparable. Oli, and Sabonis were mediocre at best for their careers and prospects going foward. Oli blew up which no one predicted after the trade and Sabonis is still just mediocre to this day. No one on Hayward's or Tatum's level or exuse me, three first.

Ok so it was argued that Hayward injury was worse than Georges and you are arguing that haywards injury was worse.

It was argued that tatum might not hit top 10 level of a player on the celtics because of the talent on the celtics and you argued that tatum isnt looking as good because of other players on the celtics.

And lastly you debate about trade values. I see Hayward as what he currently is...which is sabonis level impact. And Tatum has a slightly better producer and is younger than what dipo was 3 years ago in OKC.

But Davis is a top 3 player and george, when traded was top 15 arguably top 10
I didnt say it was worse, do you even know what he had done? All it did was set back time. The deal is not even close you seriously reaching and it's laughable.

As for Davis being a better player. He is better but PG was more accomplished and is considered a bigger need around the league because the way the game is played today. Lets also not forget Cousins was having more success when Davis was out for the Pelicans than Davis had when Cousins was out so there is a question on how good Davis' impact is. The C's are stacked at the wing so you don't see the drought at that position that teams have. Fans take a talent like Tatum foregranted. But you need a PG, Tatum, KD, LeBron, Gianis, ect to compete in today's game. PFs are less impactful.

Well for the first part tou disagree but do nothing to support you claim other that just a blanket statement that I am to accept. So let just drop that part

On Davis' impact in comparison to Georges. Indy seems ok without george too over a much larger sample size than NOP without cousins.

And pretty sure Davis was dominate in the playoffs without cousins.
A blank statement was all that ridiculousness warranted.

And again all you do is reach. Let me know when the Pacers even look like a ECF participant like they did with PG or if Davis impact equals actual wins for his team.

Davis' career winshare is 72 games (7 seasons)

Paul george in MORE seasons is 64 games (9 SEASONS 1 lost to injury)

Davis is worth much more than George.
And yet only thing that matters is actual winning which is my point not stats. PG has gotten to a conference finals, made the playoffs more and plays a more important position for today's game. They are very comparable unlike the deal you suggest. Just look at it

Oli never made an all star showed little improvement over four years and Sabonis was a disappointment for PG

You want Hayward a recovering player who did show improvement each year has made and all-star, along with Tatum a very promising second year player, and three 1st for AD.

Those deals are light years apart for very comparable players.

« Reply #2147 on: April 05, 2019, 01:32:46 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
In New Orleans...  :o

Pelicans’ Anthony Davis has been fined $15,000 for directing an obscene gesture toward a fan. The incident took place as Davis was exiting the court area upon conclusion of the Pelicans’ 115-109 loss to Charlotte on April 3 in New Orleans.

https://twitter.com/MarcJSpearsESPN/status/1113932193330368513

« Reply #2148 on: April 05, 2019, 06:15:18 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

Pelicans’ Anthony Davis has been fined $15,000 for directing an obscene gesture toward a fan. The incident took place as Davis was exiting the court area upon conclusion of the Pelicans’ 115-109 loss to Charlotte on April 3 in New Orleans.

Is that a banning for life offense?

Or just 2 years?

I mean flipping someone off is very aggressive and not something that should be done in a family atmosphere

« Reply #2149 on: April 05, 2019, 08:12:00 AM »

Offline CptZoogs

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79

Or just 2 years?

I mean flipping someone off is very aggressive and not something that should be done in a family atmosphere

Lifetime ban.  Davis will never be allowed to play for the Pelicans again.

« Reply #2150 on: April 05, 2019, 10:54:44 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked

Or just 2 years?

Lifetime ban.  Davis will never be allowed to play for the Pelicans again.

He deserves to be banished to the racist Siberia that is Boston, Massachusetts, where he and his father can live out their days in misery.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #2151 on: April 05, 2019, 11:16:45 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Or just 2 years?

Plus he did it in a very racist manor :D

That is kind of surprising.  It's really not like Davis.  He must be a very frustrated guy right now and I don't blame him.

« Reply #2152 on: April 05, 2019, 02:32:32 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Celts may get fined for this, but a Celtics AD jersey looks pretty good

https://sportsnaut.com/2019/04/did-the-celtics-just-tamper-with-anthony-davis-on-twitter/

« Reply #2153 on: April 05, 2019, 04:24:01 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #2154 on: April 18, 2019, 08:28:29 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
How much better would this team look right now with Smart and Davis in the lineup as well.

I hope the deal comes down to Brown, Hayward and multiple picks (keeping 2 picks for this year) for Davis, Moore and Hill.

Sign Beverly to the mle and Vince Carter to the LLE

Irving/Beverly/Wannamaker
Smart/Moore/Draft
Tatum/Vince/Hill
Horford/Theis/Semi/draft
Davis/Baynes/Williams

« Reply #2155 on: April 18, 2019, 08:35:02 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Celts may get fined for this, but a Celtics AD jersey looks pretty good

https://sportsnaut.com/2019/04/did-the-celtics-just-tamper-with-anthony-davis-on-twitter/

Interesting in that it's a retired number as well.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #2156 on: April 19, 2019, 06:43:53 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Since we are playing the Pacers it had me thinking if we are trading a few of our young guys plus picks for Davis we would have to backfill our roster spots with free agents.

The Pacers have a lot of free agents that I wouldn’t mind at all filling a role with maybe using the MLE to sign them.

Free agents to be are:
Matthews
Young
Evans
Joseph
Collison
Even Bogdanovic (probably too pricey)

I wouldn’t mind at all any of them.  It will be interesting to see who the Pacers retain.

« Reply #2157 on: April 19, 2019, 07:32:51 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
I say we can get Mattthews or Evans cheap
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #2158 on: April 19, 2019, 08:34:03 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

Good shooter. Tough defender. He's already trying to throw inbound passes to Celtics.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #2159 on: April 19, 2019, 08:36:45 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

Good shooter. Tough defender. He's already trying to throw inbound passes to Celtics.

Ha TP!