Author Topic: Mock Trade Deadline  (Read 50103 times)

Re: Mock Trade Deadline
« Reply #360 on: February 08, 2018, 03:26:55 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Can we extend this??

I have been trying to post for the last hour-ish. IF not then void this I guess

****MOCK TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT****

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9koll7h

The Nuggets are sending Wilson Chandler, Darrell Arthur, Emmanuel Muiday + 2018 & 2020 DEN 1st picks to Dallas for Harrison Barnes.

Statements from both teams are expected late in the day.

I would support an extension.  I imagine a lot of last-hour talks fell apart because of celticsblog's issues.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #361 on: February 08, 2018, 03:32:29 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Can we extend this??

I have been trying to post for the last hour-ish. IF not then void this I guess

****MOCK TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT****

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9koll7h

The Nuggets are sending Wilson Chandler, Darrell Arthur, Emmanuel Muiday + 2018 & 2020 DEN 1st picks to Dallas for Harrison Barnes.

Statements from both teams are expected late in the day.

I would support an extension.  I imagine a lot of last-hour talks fell apart because of celticsblog's issues.

Took me an hour to send a message.  Started trying a little after 2. I told my counterpart to just post if he liked the offer.  Message finally sent at 3:01.

« Reply #362 on: February 08, 2018, 03:51:34 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Yup a real mess trying to work the last minute deals.

« Reply #363 on: February 08, 2018, 03:56:39 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo

Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #364 on: February 08, 2018, 04:06:35 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #365 on: February 08, 2018, 04:28:11 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
I can't get a reaction from the Indiana GM, but this deal was agreed upon since last Wednesday, so I make the trade announcement anyhow.

TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT

The Indiana Pacers and Phoenix Suns have agreed to the following trade:

Indiana Pacers receive: Brandon Knight (currently injured), Dragan Bender, Tyler Ulis and the '18 Phoenix 2nd round pick

Phoenix Suns receive: Darren Collison, TJ Leaf and Joe Young   

« Reply #366 on: February 08, 2018, 04:35:51 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Woj is reporting that a deal has been struck between the Orlando Magic and Portland Trailblazers with the Magic sending Evan Fournier to Portland for Evan Turner, Caleb Swanigan and a draft pick but the teams are waiting to hear if there was an extension of the deadline or not so it can be made official.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #367 on: February 08, 2018, 05:01:34 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
The deadline was a dead website although is anyone really surprised I struggle getting this forum to work on slow days nevermind real NBA trade deadline.

Although my phone stopped ringing a week ago so I had nothing even remotely in the works.

I had fun look forward to reviewing how we all did. Thanks for having me!
ok fine

« Reply #368 on: February 08, 2018, 05:02:41 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
So basically the most unlikely player to be traded because of his unrelenting power and his iron tight NTC is traded because there was a fake WOJ tweet? So any NTC player was able to be traded then?
#JKJB

« Reply #369 on: February 08, 2018, 05:46:49 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
So basically the most unlikely player to be traded because of his unrelenting power and his iron tight NTC is traded because there was a fake WOJ tweet? So any NTC player was able to be traded then?

Yeah, I have a problem with this too if it was actually allowed as opposed to announced because the Commish couldn’t get online to say “no.”  I get trying to be a little lenient to have fun, but as today showed, it’s not like the Cavs were prohibited from making moves for lack of other options.

I guess I should have said Durant was available.

« Reply #370 on: February 08, 2018, 06:17:50 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo

Yeah, I have a problem with this too if it was actually allowed as opposed to announced because the Commish couldn’t get online to say “no.”  I get trying to be a little lenient to have fun, but as today showed, it’s not like the Cavs were prohibited from making moves for lack of other options.

Hey all,

Just want to be crystal clear that I don't expect that Lebron trade to be accepted as final.  I expect it to be considered "in review".

I was nervous that the 3pm deadline was approaching and felt with the dead website there was no way that I'd get word back if LBJ would waive his NTC to go to Philly.  So I just wanted to put it up there to then be discussed later.  Those fake Woj tweets were just me trying to get everybody thinking that maybe he would consider it... I had a planned to unleash a whole arsenal of them before the site crashed.

I figured we'd get some takes out there and then the commish would make a final ruling considering any input from the crowd.  I fully accept whatever the commish rules as this was clearly expressed from the beginning of the game.  So what are your takes on if LBJ would accept this trade or not?

My honest take is that he would.  I think this Philly team is better than his current Cavs team with a better shot to win the title now.  Further, Philly will not have the cap space to pursue him as a FA next offseason, but can with his bird rights and this team next year and beyond is certainly more competitive than any team could be which has the cap space to sign him next offseason.

The projected Philly depth chart would be:
Guards:  Avery Bradley, JJ Redick, Covington, Luwawu, Calderon
Forwards:  Lebron, Simmons (point forward), Covington (super 6th man), Jeff Green, Justin Anderson
Centers:  Embiid, Boban, Richaun Holmes

« Reply #371 on: February 08, 2018, 06:29:45 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

Hey all,

Just want to be crystal clear that I don't expect that Lebron trade to be accepted as final.  I expect it to be considered "in review".

I was nervous that the 3pm deadline was approaching and felt with the dead website there was no way that I'd get word back if LBJ would waive his NTC to go to Philly.  So I just wanted to put it up there to then be discussed later.  Those fake Woj tweets were just me trying to get everybody thinking that maybe he would consider it... I had a planned to unleash a whole arsenal of them before the site crashed.

I figured we'd get some takes out there and then the commish would make a final ruling considering any input from the crowd.  I fully accept whatever the commish rules as this was clearly expressed from the beginning of the game.  So what are your takes on if LBJ would accept this trade or not?

My honest take is that he would.  I think this Philly team is better than his current Cavs team with a better shot to win the title now.  Further, Philly will not have the cap space to pursue him as a FA next offseason, but can with his bird rights and this team next year and beyond is certainly more competitive than any team could be which has the cap space to sign him next offseason.

Forwards:  Lebron, Simmons (point forward), Covington (super 6th man), Jeff Green, Justin Anderson

My opinion is that if real-life LeBron had show any willingness to accept a trade, he would not be a Cavalier as of today.  But there is a reason that report after report has had him staunchly refusing to consider a trade, and accordingly he should not be traded here.  Kudos to the effort, but as far as I’m concerned, he would not waive his NTC to join any team.

« Reply #372 on: February 08, 2018, 06:29:49 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
I think we have to block this Lebron trade if we blocked the other one. The Lakers pretend GM would probably be pretty p---ed if we blocked his based on our judgement, but then flipped for the 76ers.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #373 on: February 08, 2018, 06:46:49 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
DUE TO ISSUES WITH THE FORUM SPEED, WE WILL EXTEND THE MOCK TRADE DEADLINE UNTIL TOMORROW AT 3PM EASTERN. NO TRADES WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THAT POINT.

« Reply #374 on: February 08, 2018, 07:08:11 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922

Hey all,

My opinion is that if real-life LeBron had show any willingness to accept a trade, he would not be a Cavalier as of today.  But there is a reason that report after report has had him staunchly refusing to consider a trade, and accordingly he should not be traded here.  Kudos to the effort, but as far as I’m concerned, he would not waive his NTC to join any team.

Firstly, some of y'all have been taking this fantasy game WAY too seriously lol

Secondly, Action approached me earlier today asking about Lebron. I told him that I doubted any Lebron trade would get accepted, but if he wanted to ask the commissioner he could. And given how terrible the site was doing he decided to just post it on the thread to be determined later, which obviously was the right call.

The only reason I even went along with it is because at that point my entire team was (potentially) gutted for younger prospects and picks. I had potential deals in place for Love, Crowder, and several of the other vets, along with shopping IT around for as high of a pick as I could find. Are you really telling me that Lebron wouldn't waive his no-trade clause if the team was gutted out from underneath him for young prospects and picks? I think he absolutely would, especially given the meager packages for him that were being proposed by Philly's GM.

But at this point all of that doesn't matter. Due to the terrible connections I couldn't even message anyone a little bit after 2 pm, and time expired before I could complete any of those previous potential deals. Hell, half of my messages with trade feelers and offers didn't even get sent out today because apparently the request timed out before sending lol