Author Topic: NBCS Boston Layoffs / Abby & A-Sherrod Included (merged)  (Read 15812 times)

Re: NBCS Boston Layoffs / Abby & A-Sherrod Included (merged)
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2020, 08:38:39 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
that sucks!!  hate losing Abby.  liked her positivity and the way she'd go back and forth with Scal to keep him honest and on his toes.  Not that I'm happy about any of them losing their jobs but she was one of the better (more likable) people they had.  should have kept her in exchange for Kyle Draper.

Geez, Danielle Trotter too?  what a mess they've made of that place

On the bright side, Tanguay is gone.
I tuned him out so it's essentially the same as if he was there

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2020, 08:47:16 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Abby Chin should be hired by the Celtics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is a Celtic!!!

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2020, 08:55:45 PM »

Offline Walker Wiggle

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 125
Last night I whined about Abby being let go to my wife for about 20 minutes straight. She wasn’t amused. But I’m like, you don’t understand this is Abby Chin we’re talking about. Anyway it was kind of a cold night after that.

Re: NBCS Boston Lay-offs
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2020, 09:57:07 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
Hope for the best for all these people, but Abby in particular.
Abby has talent. She'll land on her feet somewhere.  One of the local stations should make her their lead sports person but she may wind up on a national network.

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2020, 10:02:33 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Abby has talent. She'll land on her feet somewhere.  One of the local stations should make her their lead sports person but she may wind up on a national network.
I think the only 2 moves that would have been criticized more than their canning Abby is if they let Mike or Tommy go.

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2020, 11:29:16 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Thank god Blakley is gone. Christ, what took so long.

I did enjoy Abby and am sad to see her go. Maybe we can bring back Willie May.

Also, hasn't Tanguay been fired like 3 times? I always hear he has been fired and then the next time I turn on the TV he is back in the same spot.

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2020, 11:49:10 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
I think the only 2 moves that would have been criticized more than their canning Abby is if they let Mike or Tommy go.

Honesty I liked Abby quite a bit more than Tommy, maybe thats an unpopular opinion.

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2020, 12:21:03 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Abby Chin should be hired by the Celtics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is a Celtic!!!

TP!!

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2020, 01:27:21 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Last night I whined about Abby being let go to my wife for about 20 minutes straight. She wasn’t amused. But I’m like, you don’t understand this is Abby Chin we’re talking about. Anyway it was kind of a cold night after that.

You crazy?  Newlywed?

;D

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2020, 04:55:52 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Honesty I liked Abby quite a bit more than Tommy, maybe thats an unpopular opinion.
How dare you
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2020, 10:40:02 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

How dare you

Where's that negative Tommy Point button?

Tommy has a legend status.  It's been years since he was a reliable source of great insight, but he gets to keep doing what he's doing for as long as it brings him joy and he's somewhat presentable.  As it should be.

On a side note, I've noticed an uncharacteristic amount of small errors from Mike Gorman (the amount of a lead for example, who a foul was on etc...).  I think this is probably due to to doing the broadcasts remotely, but it's still weird to hear so much of it from Gorman.  We have been spoiled by his awesomeness for so long.
Yup

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2020, 10:54:42 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

How dare you

Tommy has a legend status.  It's been years since he was a reliable source of great insight, but he gets to keep doing what he's doing for as long as it brings him joy and he's somewhat presentable.  As it should be.

On a side note, I've noticed an uncharacteristic amount of small errors from Mike Gorman (the amount of a lead for example, who a foul was on etc...).  I think this is probably due to to doing the broadcasts remotely, but it's still weird to hear so much of it from Gorman.  We have been spoiled by his awesomeness for so long.
noticed that from Mike as well this past game or two.  was very odd but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt working the games remotely

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2020, 11:55:59 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586

How dare you

noticed that from Mike as well this past game or two.  was very odd but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt working the games remotely

We're all talking about this moment right?

https://streamable.com/anpen9

This is the only one I've noticed (was waiting for Gorman to correct himself or Scal to say something, because that was way off) but I'm only half paying attention half the time so I've probably missed many others.

Like yesterday coming out of the half he named Romeo as one of the starters for 2nd half, but he quickly corrected that to Tatum.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 12:04:57 PM by bdm860 »

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2020, 11:57:49 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

How dare you

We're all talking about this moment right?

https://streamable.com/anpen9

Hmmm...actually I think missed that one!  There have been a bunch.
Yup

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2020, 10:51:25 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Abby Chin
@tvabby
·
5m
But, this isn’t goodbye just yet. When I received the news, I was offered the choice to finish out the season and I’m taking it! I’m not ready for this incredible ride to be over. I’ll see you tonight. Go #Celtics!

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team