Author Topic: There's something missing with this team......  (Read 7133 times)

Re: There's something missing with this team......
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2018, 10:45:55 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
No more stare downs after a dunk, which is a waste of energy and just motivates the other team

Yeah, stares can really tire a guy out, shouldn't do it.  Are you kidding me it takes zero energy to stare at a guy, it certainly can stop a guy from getting back on D, though, but it is not tiring in the slightest bit and your statement is borderline ridiculous on that half of it.  Thanks for the laugh that was the funniest I have read in a long time.

It takes zero energy, but it takes a certain amount of attention, which detracts from the focus that they should be having to get back on defense and make the next play.

Thank you for the reasonable take.  TP.  It's about mental focus...not calories..

« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2018, 10:48:39 AM »

Offline TheReaLPuba

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
a true leader

Good point.

Freaking Marcus Smart is the longest tenured Celtic.

I don't believe Kyrie or Hayward feel like they are Celtics yet.

It took Horford a few years to really BECOME a Celtic.

And I don't know what has gotten in to Tatum...he's taking very difficult terrible shots a la Kobe Bryant.....please stop that.

You're BETTER THAN THAT.

« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2018, 10:50:26 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
it takes a certain amount of attention,

Be Honest, you too can you or did you ever dunk?   I could and that takes more effort than the stare.

« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2018, 10:51:30 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Patience.

All will be ok.

No need for any knee-jerk trades...no panic buttons...

Just patience.

« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2018, 10:51:47 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
everything mentioned in this thread is not the reason - it's a result. and the only thing missing with this team is the chemistry.

this is all a result of stevens bad decisions.

stevens killed the chemistry right off the bat with this team this season by forcing hayward into the starting line up... esp. since he wasn't ready. and now it seems he's ruined brown in favor of forcing chemistry that may never come... because chemistry grows organically not manufactured on a chalk board.

tatum and brown should not be the guys that have to adjust, they earned that last season.

but stevens fix all solution is always to go small even when the stats prove otherwise. esp. considering it's been a well known fact that horford does not play well at center. and last season we were a top defensive unit with baynes starting at center.

if stevens is going to get the majority of the credit for our success then he has to get some of the blame when there's failure.

if the starting line up changes you decide who was right. 

« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2018, 10:56:08 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Carmelo Anthony 😂😂😂
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2018, 10:57:14 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Start Baynes and play Williams.

Teams are just driving inside and shooting layups because we are small and weak.

« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2018, 11:00:08 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
it takes a certain amount of attention,

Be Honest, you too can you or did you ever dunk?   I could and that takes more effort than the stare.

What does that have to do with not getting back on defense because you're too busy staring down your opponent?

« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2018, 11:03:34 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Tatum starting to play better
Brown is lost. Needs to pick his time to attack and finish strong. Stop being overly creative.
Al has made careless turnovers that is beneath him.
Hayward overpasses. Drive to the hole and draw fouls. Your shot stinks right now and you pass too much.
Kyrie is doing it right on offense, our leader. He is playing hard on defense but still gets overmatched a lot and our defense breaks down.
Marcus actually has adjusted and has started to post up effectively on offense. Struggling to cover bigger quick guys like Kyrie.
No complaints about Morris. He’s cooled off a little but who wouldn’t. Plays hard.
Rozier still immature. Too emotional. Tries to even the score when he gets burned on defense. Takes too many risks.
Stevens would like use deep bench guys more but worries about hurting feelings of starters who are underperforming.
Danny would like to make moves but bad time to move guys playing like crap. And who’s available who would immediately help?
My two cents.

« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2018, 11:14:30 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Jaylen Brown has sucked so far this season.

Gordon Hawyard has been underwhelming to say the least.

Kyrie, Tatum and Horford (for the most part) have been just fine.

We NEED a big and a shooting guard. Horford is a PF, NOT a C and Baynes is a back-up

We have 3 guys in our starting lineup that are wings.
Totally redundancy.

To me right now, other than Kyrie, no one is off-limits in a deal that will improve our roster.
I was at the game last night and it sucked. In the 2nd half of the game, the excitement in the building was non-existent.

Our play on the court is alot worse than our record indicates.

We should not be getting owned by the Utah Jazz.

« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2018, 11:32:29 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
One thing to point out - this team has never really had a free flowing offense, not even last year. We shot 45% from the floor last year which was 21st in the league and averaged 104 ppg which was 20th. In the playoffs it was even worse - 43% from the floor and 101 ppg both of which were in the bottom third of playoff teams. Where we ranked high last year was in our 3pt shooting, we were 2nd at 37% in the regular season, though in the playoffs it dropped to 34%.

This year we're shooting 43% from the floor which is 29th and 34% from 3 and averaging 105 ppg which is 24th. So we've regressed even from last year's mediocrity. But it's not like we were running our offense like a well oiled machine last year. This team just doesn't shoot well.

Defensively we're about the same - def rating of 103.1 last year which was 2nd in the league vs 101.3 this year, which is 1st.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2018, 11:48:18 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
We're missing starting Horford/Baynes in our frontcourt.

TP...wholeheartedly agree with is....and to this a TP too:

This times 1 million. 

The current starting lineup is -4.3 per 100 possessions. 

« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2018, 11:51:18 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548
A real franchise player
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2018, 11:53:00 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Jaylen Brown has sucked so far this season.

100% correct.

« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2018, 11:55:11 AM »

Offline Wretch

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
I think, as fans, we need to look in the mirror. I personally  had unrealistic expectations of this team. In. Retrospect  we should have expected growing pains in the early part of the season.  Integration of 2 players coming  off of injury, young players adjusting to new roles, with the reintegration of the injured veterans.  Both Brown and Tatum are being asked to take on supporting roles to Kyrie, and Hayward, after being alpha players late season  and in the playoffs.

The team is over .500 after a rough early season schedule and lost to Utah, a likely western playoff team on the second game of a B2B after an overtime victory over the best team in the east. That's disappointing, especially at home, but no reason to panic and not completely unexpected.

I preach patience.