Author Topic: There's something missing with this team......  (Read 7066 times)

Re: There's something missing with this team......
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2018, 07:21:17 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
a true leader

« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2018, 07:25:39 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
A rim protector who can also rebound and score..alway said Howard been perfect for this team
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2018, 07:29:33 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
A rim protector who can also rebound and score..alway said Howard been perfect for this team
There’s the whole being a complete locker room cancer issue with Dwight
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2018, 08:03:38 AM »

Offline CF033

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
I personally think we need to bench one of the scorers in the starting line-up for Baynes at this point. I personally would lean towards benching Hayward at this point of the process. That will make our starting offense more focused on who does what, pretty similar to last year.

This idea of a free flowing offense clearly isn't working for us, I think these guys need defined roles. I don't believe it's just as simple as we're missing shots.

« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2018, 08:19:08 AM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
When was the last time any Celtic cut back door? Seriously, I can't remember.

Our offense is too one dimensional.

This is very true.  The guys need to move without the ball.  Set screens, cut, find open spots -  anything but sitting behind the 3pt line. 35 or 40 3pt shots a night isn’t fun to watch....or a sustainable winning formula.

Does anyone knows what’s the second worst shot? One step behind your natural range....

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2018, 08:21:45 AM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
There’s the whole being a complete locker room cancer issue with Dwight

Not to mention he requires touches.....as in, he won’t give you effort for free.

« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2018, 09:07:45 AM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 93
We're missing starting Horford/Baynes in our frontcourt.

I agree with this as something to try!
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2018, 09:38:27 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
When was the last time any Celtic cut back door? Seriously, I can't remember.

Our offense is too one dimensional.

This is very true.  The guys need to move without the ball.  Set screens, cut, find open spots -  anything but sitting behind the 3pt line. 35 or 40 3pt shots a night isn’t fun to watch....or a sustainable winning formula.

Does anyone knows what’s the second worst shot? One step behind your natural range....

Too few touches for Horford. 

Too many drives to the hoop being kicked out sloppily for 3's.

Mostly just a mojo thing overall.  We saw glimpses of the "playoff mojo" vs Raptors on Friday.  It's still there.   They'll get it back.
Yup

« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2018, 09:56:42 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Shaq and Barkley were right...not enough touches for everyone and its hard not to get in a rythem when u not playing many minutes
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2018, 10:03:44 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I think Kyrie is right here:

"I think last year, the young guys that are in the locker room now, some of the guys that are playing, they were a little bit younger. They weren't expected to do as much, and I think that the amount of pressure that we put on them to perform every single night is something that they have to get used to, being part of a great team like this."

"If you're not playing to the standard then, as a team, we just don't all click," Irving continued. "I think once we get that, and we find that consistency, we'll be good."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25308993/nba-celtics-letting-their-putrid-offense-affect-their-play

« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2018, 10:25:34 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Tatum and Brown have to learn to keep playing through disappointing swings and individual plays that don't go their way. 

Also, they are on a team that's supposed to be a title contender, and so when things go well they are getting too happy.  Stop with the celebrations after made three pointers and dunks (even it's just a momentary mental celebration).  Stop getting so high when there's a good or great play.  Stay grounded and keep playing through the good and bad, until the game is in hand. 

No more stare downs after a dunk, which is a waste of energy and just motivates the other team. Even Al has been doing this.  Cut the macho crap you're the Celtics.  Just run back and play defense and rest and celebrate when the other team has been put away.

Let Morris be the trash talker, enforcer, guy who stares...   other players shouldn't be emulating him.  I like that about Kyrie.  He makes a great play and acts like it's natural and doesn't show up the other team...  That approach should be emulated by everyone on the team not named Marcus Morris, who is just being himself when he does it.  One Mook per team is perfect. 
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 10:35:41 AM by wiley »

« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2018, 10:37:16 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
We're missing starting Horford/Baynes in our frontcourt.

TP...wholeheartedly agree with is....and to this a TP too:

I personally think we need to bench one of the scorers in the starting line-up for Baynes at this point. I personally would lean towards benching Hayward at this point of the process. That will make our starting offense more focused on who does what, pretty similar to last year.

This idea of a free flowing offense clearly isn't working for us, I think these guys need defined roles. I don't believe it's just as simple as we're missing shots.

I'd take it one step further: put Hayward AND Brown in the second unit for now.

I would go with a starting line-up of:

Kyrie
Rozier or Smart
Tatum
Horford
Baynes

A bench of Hayward, Morris, Brown, (Smart or Rozier) and Theis (when healthy and black in sync) would be a lot for other teams to handle.

« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2018, 10:38:43 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
No more stare downs after a dunk, which is a waste of energy and just motivates the other team

Yeah, stares can really tire a guy out, shouldn't do it.  Are you kidding me it takes zero energy to stare at a guy, it certainly can stop a guy from getting back on D, though, but it is not tiring in the slightest bit and your statement is borderline ridiculous on that half of it.  Thanks for the laugh that was the funniest I have read in a long time.

« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2018, 10:42:19 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
No more stare downs after a dunk, which is a waste of energy and just motivates the other team

Yeah, stares can really tire a guy out, shouldn't do it.  Are you kidding me it takes zero energy to stare at a guy, it certainly can stop a guy from getting back on D, though, but it is not tiring in the slightest bit and your statement is borderline ridiculous on that half of it.  Thanks for the laugh that was the funniest I have read in a long time.

It takes zero energy, but it takes a certain amount of attention, which detracts from the focus that they should be having to get back on defense and make the next play.

« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2018, 10:42:30 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386

You're a punk and a know nothing.