Author Topic: NBA 2020-2021 Season Thread  (Read 208271 times)

Re: NBA 2020-2021 Season Thread
« Reply #735 on: March 03, 2021, 01:55:41 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
Looks like the Pacific Division is pretty deep this year too.

Suns, Lakers, Clippers...and Warriors are hanging around the Western Conference playoff bracket.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #736 on: March 03, 2021, 10:27:53 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Unreal that Phoenix won that game last night after the refs did all they could to give the game to His Highness's team with their pathetic ejection of Devin Booker in the 3rd. I went to bed right after that thinking it would be an easy Laker win.

« Reply #737 on: March 03, 2021, 09:53:06 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
At home, TOR blown out by DET travels to BOS for B2B.

We'd better win.

« Reply #738 on: March 03, 2021, 10:56:55 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Embiid is having an unreal season. If he can stay healthy then watch out!

Still got Jokic as my MVP, but Embiid is doing pretty well!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #739 on: March 03, 2021, 11:11:21 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

Yeah, Doc Rivers has really helped Embiid reach his full potential. The Sixers are a legit threat to win it all this season.

« Reply #740 on: March 03, 2021, 11:17:54 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
Hoping The Lakers lose again tonight.

« Reply #741 on: March 04, 2021, 12:07:46 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551

Yeah, Doc Rivers has really helped Embiid reach his full potential. The Sixers are a legit threat to win it all this season.
Doc has helped the Sixers team and Harris in particular but I wouldn't give him much credit for Embiid's performance.  Embiid's 2018/19 season was almost as good as this one.  Embiid has been improving his game and incorporating new aspects since he got to the league.

« Reply #742 on: March 04, 2021, 12:14:22 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551

Its funny how 5 years ago the center position was thought of as dead.  So much so that it gets removed from the all-star ballot.  Now the top 2 MVP candidates are centers.  Embiid is a much better defender than Jokic so I think that should give him the MVP edge assuming he stays healthy. 

« Reply #743 on: March 04, 2021, 12:27:54 AM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
That challenge from Golden State lost the game for them.

« Reply #744 on: March 04, 2021, 01:14:29 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
Kings narrowly got by the Lakers. I really hope the Celtics get to feast on the slumping Lakers. I really want to tie that season series than getting swept by them.

It's too bad Anthony Davis will probably be back by then.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #745 on: March 04, 2021, 02:28:08 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Its funny how 5 years ago the center position was thought of as dead.  So much so that it gets removed from the all-star ballot.  Now the top 2 MVP candidates are centers.  Embiid is a much better defender than Jokic so I think that should give him the MVP edge assuming he stays healthy.
I think Jokic has been really solid defensively this year, and on Embiid's level.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #746 on: March 04, 2021, 04:08:48 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

I think Jokic has been really solid defensively this year, and on Embiid's level.
I have no idea how to rate Jokic on offence this season - is he 'merely' having a GOAT offensive big man season ala Dirk/Shaq, or is he approaching the perimeter ATGs/GOATs on that end? If it's the latter I would have him over Embiid, if it's the former I think they are both around the same level.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #747 on: March 04, 2021, 06:03:02 AM »

Online RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

I have no idea how to rate Jokic on offence this season - is he 'merely' having a GOAT offensive big man season ala Dirk/Shaq, or is he approaching the perimeter ATGs/GOATs on that end? If it's the latter I would have him over Embiid, if it's the former I think they are both around the same level.

Statistically Jokic is so far and away the best player this season. It's simply ridiculous what he's doing.
He's on his way to the elite select company of big men like Olajuwon and O'Neal.

An unstoppable center that elevates the whole team to great heights. Remember how close the Nuggets came to turning that series against the Lakers around purely based on amazing clutch plays by the Joker.

« Reply #748 on: March 04, 2021, 07:39:48 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

Statistically Jokic is so far and away the best player this season. It's simply ridiculous what he's doing.
He's on his way to the elite select company of big men like Olajuwon and O'Neal.

An unstoppable center that elevates the whole team to great heights. Remember how close the Nuggets came to turning that series against the Lakers around purely based on amazing clutch plays by the Joker.
Yeah. If he's in the class of perimeter offensive ATGs or even GOATs he's definitely in the conversation for one of the best big man peaks in NBA history - I'm just not sure if he's on that level yet. But box and non-box metrics do suggest that he belongs in that conversation, his combination of uber-efficient scoring and creation boosted by world-class passing so far is unrivalled by any big man in NBA history. This isn't even mentioning how scalable his offence is - his shooting, passing, offensive rebounding, low time of touch, etc allow him to continue running an offence even if he's playing next to better and better on-ball talent that will take the ball out of his hands or at least reduce the amount of time that he has the ball, and I'm not sure if any perimeter offensive ATG/GOAT save Bird and Curry (and possibly West) can match him in that regard.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #749 on: March 04, 2021, 08:59:13 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Kings narrowly got by the Lakers. I really hope the Celtics get to feast on the slumping Lakers. I really want to tie that season series than getting swept by them.

It's too bad Anthony Davis will probably be back by then.
hope he's back.  our victory will taste that much sweeter and the loss will be that much more bitter for them.  of course there's no one on that team of importance that's a career Laker to really appreciate the rivalry