Author Topic: Favorite MJ video besides thriller?  (Read 25294 times)

Favorite MJ video besides thriller?
« on: June 26, 2009, 08:23:23 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Obviously Thriller is an obvious choice.  My favorite of all time however is "The way you make me feel."  Not only is the premise of the video, If you follow a woman around a dark street long enough she will fall for you.  But they also have the classic fire hydrant erupting orgasm scene will grunting and yelling in the background.  But also its the introduction of his pelvic thrust
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

Re: Favorite MJ video besides thriller?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 08:25:19 AM »

Offline Mon

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
The one with Naomi Campbell...In the Closet?

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 08:45:57 AM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167
Easy, Smooth Criminal is an awesome video. I'll be doing a spin and crotch grab every time I walk around a corner today in his memory.

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 08:55:09 AM »

Offline SSFan V

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
leave me alone.

it's an honest (but very creative) plea.
sometimes you have to bite your lip, exhale and move on.  So, I have.

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 10:04:52 AM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
As you say this, the full clip of Thriller comes on.  My favorite may be Black and White.  I remember being in Brazil as a young boy and everyone being excited about the premiere of the video and being watched like it was a soccer game.

I also remember later in his career, I think in 1995, one of his last songs to actually be played on the radio (They Dont Care About Us) he filmed it in Brazil.  It was a breakthrough because he got permission, not from the government, but from the gang cartel to film the video on the favela (like the ghetto, or shanty).  The gangsters were the ones that provided him with security and that had been the most footage of the favelas for a long time because media and not even cops could really get into that area.  That started the whole idea of "favela tours" where now people can take tours, and I believe for the most part the money goes off to the community.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 10:25:57 AM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
Billie Jean was a classic.  I think I might prefer Man in the Mirror though.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 10:34:21 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
billie jean...

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 10:37:40 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Black and white was pretty classic too with the kid from home alone and tyra banks
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2009, 10:47:27 AM »

Offline afflatus

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 18
That Video where he interrupted regular scheduled programming on TV to talk about how the cops raided his house and strip searched him.

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2009, 10:54:51 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
That Video where he interrupted regular scheduled programming on TV to talk about how the cops raided his house and strip searched him.

Be respectful, the man is a legend

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2009, 10:58:21 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
"Remember the Time" from the "Dangerous" album.  That was the best album since Thriller.  Much better than "Bad".
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2009, 11:10:53 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
don't know if there was a video, but I always liked that song Stranger in Moscow

had a very chill vibe to it
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2009, 11:21:58 AM »

Offline afflatus

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 18

Be respectful, the man is a legend

The Question was asked, I gave an honest answer. Sorry if I offended. But it's really an honest answer. Not everyone HAS to be a fan. And I'm sorry I don't put the guy on a pedestal. I am sure that there are a lot of "Legends" that you don't care for and don't respect.

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2009, 11:27:10 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
well I would say disrespecting a dead man on a blog is a major withdrawal from the Karma bank.  So good luck with that one. I dont expect everyone to be a fan, but I do expect you to be respectful to those of us that are fans. 

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2009, 11:27:38 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Why do we now idolize a known pedophile and drug abuser??????????  I am with you Afflatus!!!