Author Topic: Cocoa, FL city council banning saggy pants  (Read 4727 times)

Re: Cocoa, FL city council banning saggy pants
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 05:49:22 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
This is exactly what we need. And add to the list those horrid Rollie Fingers mustaches and Punky Brewster shoes. The days of just making fun of people must come to an end. Get the cops in on this

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 05:49:38 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Get off my lawn!

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 05:49:59 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Haha. Genius. They should institute this citation in every public high school across America.

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 05:50:45 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
I hope I never get too old to remember what it was like being young.

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 06:03:07 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

I think the reason old people hate young people is because they don't forget what its like being young.

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 06:08:09 PM »

Offline Interceptor

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 224
Discriminatory against people who rapidly lose weight, but can't afford belts.

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 06:12:16 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan

I think the reason old people hate young people is because they don't forget what its like being young.

I never thought about it that way. Maybe you're right. In  two days I'll be 37 and I feel kind of old already. I can picture my son talking with his kids, saying "When I was young we only had iPods, iPads and smart phones. You guys are lucky."

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 07:29:55 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584

What do you mean, Chris?  I don't hate young people...I am here, aren't I?  (And enjoying every minute of it!)  It is those middle-aged people who are hard to take, ha ha ha ha.                         just kidding
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2012, 09:20:35 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

What do you mean, Chris?  I don't hate young people...I am here, aren't I?  (And enjoying every minute of it!)  It is those middle-aged people who are hard to take, ha ha ha ha.                         just kidding

When I was your age I had to walk barefoot to school backwards both ways through shards of glass in the freezing cold year round.  You kids today have it easy. 

But, um yeh...I don't get the undies on the outside look.  They're called underwear for a reason.

Then again, I remember hearing about it from my father when I wanted to wear my shirt untucked to school. I wear it untucked as an adult mostly, but I darn well know when it's appropriate to tuck it in.

So maybe it's just depends on the situation.  Do you reckon their style doesn't change much at, say,  a wedding or a funeral?
Yup

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2012, 09:24:16 PM »

Offline Valentines_at_Popeyes

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 35

Ideal citizen.

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2012, 09:25:49 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
If you take this away from kids then you gotta take away those horrid golfing pants that look like pajamas from adults and you gotta take away blue hair spray from old women and those horrid blazers from preps and GOD FORBID if they take away the clock and Viking helmet from Flava Flav.

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2012, 07:52:07 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584

When I was your age I had to walk barefoot to school backwards both ways through shards of glass in the freezing cold year round.  You kids today have it easy. 

But, um yeh...I don't get the undies on the outside look.  They're called underwear for a reason.

Then again, I remember hearing about it from my father when I wanted to wear my shirt untucked to school. I wear it untucked as an adult mostly, but I darn well know when it's appropriate to tuck it in.

So maybe it's just depends on the situation.  Do you reckon their style doesn't change much at, say,  a wedding or a funeral?
Ha!  My 66 year old husband grumbles and cries when he has to wear a "real" shirt (as opposed to a T or golf shirt) and a tie to a wedding or funeral!  I have often sent him to the corner for a time out, and threatened to leave him home.  And they think women are the fashion divas.  ha ha ha  (But I was the first to wear a miniskirt to one job, and also one of the first to be admitted to a well known Boston Restaurant wearing a "pant suit" ...before they changed their dress code.   ;)  Brazen, huh?  ha ha ha ha   I am working up courage to get a tattoo... but I am way late to be a geriatric trendsetter
in that.)  Fashion trends pass...but, like being in line, the wait can be irritating.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2012, 07:58:08 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I saw the topic and thought it was about the old guys in Florida not securing their adult diapers well enough resulting in their pants falling down ;)

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2012, 08:02:34 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan
I saw the topic and thought it was about the old guys in Florida not securing their adult diapers well enough resulting in their pants falling down ;)

LOL