Author Topic: "Celtics are on my list." - Anthony Davis  (Read 7619 times)

Re: "Celtics are on my list." - Anthony Davis
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2019, 11:38:32 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
"I am full of crap" - Anthony Davis.

« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2019, 11:45:43 PM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
Look, Rich Paul WORKS for Davis.  He isn't saying anything that Davis doesn't want him to.  All the fake leaks, all the misdirection, all the slime thrown, do we really think that Paul did that all on his own?  Davis had to approve all of that, otherwise Paul would have been fired.

I don't understand how people don't get this. From now on, it's all PR to save face.

Or Paul just said “You want me to get you to LA by Feb. 7th?”  And he said “yeah do your thing.”  I don’t know if he necessarily signs off on everything said.  It may not have even been Paul saying all of it anyway.  It could have been anyone in an article that wanted Davis in LA and just said it was coming from sources and people assume it’s Rich Paul.  People take what they want to hear and it spreads.  Like the other thread about current ratings shows, LA is clearly the most popular franchise by viewership, there’s enough people talking about them.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 11:50:55 PM by C3LTSF4N »

« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2019, 12:14:12 AM »

Offline e001

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 4
  • C Us Rise
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 12:27:01 AM by e001 »

« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2019, 12:27:22 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Look, Rich Paul WORKS for Davis.  He isn't saying anything that Davis doesn't want him to.  All the fake leaks, all the misdirection, all the slime thrown, do we really think that Paul did that all on his own?  Davis had to approve all of that, otherwise Paul would have been fired.

I don't understand how people don't get this. From now on, it's all PR to save face.
The motives have changed post trade deadline.  Boston is in the mix now.

« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2019, 03:20:27 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
Can we just stop call Wojnarowski's tweets a Woj-bombs? Cause, all this about AD's list was wrong. On my list, Woj is not reliable anymore.

« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2019, 06:07:20 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Woj is almost never wrong

There is a reason he is considered the best insider. If you see him on tv , you stop what ever you are doing and listen to the man

« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2019, 07:57:24 AM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
Sure, he’d be fine playingfor the celtics for 1 year then signing in NY or LA. Evenbetter for him; he doesnt have to play that last year in Mew Orleans, then he goes to his preferred teamand that team doesnt have to gut theirroster in a trade for him.

« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2019, 10:04:20 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
New Orleans should of taken the Lakers offer.

« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2019, 11:43:20 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
I dont think he. would sign long term with the C's
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2019, 02:49:21 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

I think that's been made abundantly clear by now
https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/celtics_reportedly_still_not_on_anthony_davis_long_term_list/s1_127_28450799

Shams just said on NBA TV that there's still only 4 teams( Bucks,Lakers, Knicks, Clippers) Anthony Davis would consider signing a long term deal with and that the Celtics are NOT one of them.

3:40 PM - Feb 16, 2019

« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2019, 03:27:50 PM »

Offline furball

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 95
He also said that the Knicks are "a great franchise".  Clearly he is just telling people what they want to hear.

« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2019, 03:34:18 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
Too much smoke.

Just like with KD to the Knicks.

I think the writing is on the wall.

When Davis signed with Paul you kinda get what they’re trying to do.

I just hope Danny doesn’t over pay for a rental.

It’s highly likely Kyrie is a rental as well....maybe we can get a Finals birth out of it.
I'm fine with Kyrie being a rental.  I'm not fine with losing Tatum and other assets to have Davis for a season.

« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2019, 03:59:08 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I'd be really sad if we repeated the Joe Johnson for Rodney Rodgers deal.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2019, 04:20:48 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/celtics_reportedly_still_not_on_anthony_davis_long_term_list/s1_127_28450799

Shams just said on NBA TV that there's still only 4 teams( Bucks,Lakers, Knicks, Clippers) Anthony Davis would consider signing a long term deal with and that the Celtics are NOT one of them.

that's what Paul george said about the Lakers

What ended up happening? Oh right the front office gave him a preview and then showed him the money. These players are bluffers. Show them the pile of money and they will sign the dotted line. The good thing is Ainge is aware

« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2019, 04:49:17 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136

that's what Paul george said about the Lakers

What ended up happening? Oh right the front office gave him a preview and then showed him the money. These players are bluffers. Show them the pile of money and they will sign the dotted line. The good thing is Ainge is aware

Also, Bucks re conspicuously on the list knowing there is no way they have the assets to nab him....The knicks are extremely relying on the pingpong balls and Zion to fall on their laps to dangle in a trade...and of course would need Kyrie or KD to sign first before AD would be onboard with them...Clippers will be the only dark horse since they are an LA team but again for now does not have the assets to trade for AD..

One year of experiencing Boston, its fans and of course if theyre lucky enough to win the title..that would definitely seal AD to sign long term.