Author Topic: "Celtics are on my list." - Anthony Davis  (Read 8314 times)

"Celtics are on my list." - Anthony Davis
« on: February 16, 2019, 12:22:43 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Davis, speaking to reporters as part of his All-Star media availability, confirmed the previously reported list of Milwaukee Bucks, Los Angeles Lakers, Los Angeles Clippers and New York Knicks is "true." When asked specifically about the Boston Celtics, though, Davis made it clear they are a contender for his services.
"They are on my list...I never said Boston wasn’t on my list," Davis told reporters, before repeating the latter sentence when asked for clarification.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2821089-anthony-davis-i-never-said-celtics-werent-on-list-of-preferred-trade-spots

Re: "Celtics are on my list." - Anthony Davis
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 12:33:12 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2019, 12:34:16 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1409
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Then he said all 29 teams are on his list. Also said he didn't have a list.

So basically, take it all with a grain of salt and hope Rich Paul gets him some media training so he can do better in these press conferences.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2019, 12:34:42 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Davis, speaking to reporters as part of his All-Star media availability, confirmed the previously reported list of Milwaukee Bucks, Los Angeles Lakers, Los Angeles Clippers and New York Knicks is "true." When asked specifically about the Boston Celtics, though, Davis made it clear they are a contender for his services.
"They are on my list...I never said Boston wasn’t on my list," Davis told reporters, before repeating the latter sentence when asked for clarification.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2821089-anthony-davis-i-never-said-celtics-werent-on-list-of-preferred-trade-spots

Is he going to also deny what his dad said?

AD should fire Paul

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2019, 12:39:56 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

So basically, take it all with a grain of salt and hope Rich Paul gets him some media training so he can do better in these press conferences.

Rich Paul probably needs some training of his own, in terms of serving his client’s best interests, rather than his own.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2019, 12:45:07 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1409
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Rich Paul probably needs some training of his own, in terms of serving his client’s best interests, rather than his own.

Fair enough, but I don't believe for a second that everything that Rich has done has been without AD's knowledge or against his wishes. But it's clear - more so from his first post trade request conference with NOLA media - Anthony really doesn't want to be seen as a "bad guy" and isn't articulating very well because of it.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2019, 12:50:38 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Rich Paul probably needs some training of his own, in terms of serving his client’s best interests, rather than his own Le Toxic's.

FTFY.

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2019, 01:16:44 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

his client wanted out of New Orleans this year and the only way that happened is if Nee Orleans thought Boston wasn't going to include Tatum in the summer
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2019, 01:18:09 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Hopefully, Kyrie gets a chance to talk to Davis, while their both attending All-Star weekend.

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2019, 01:22:03 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Hopefully, Kyrie gets a chance to talk to Davis, while their both attending All-Star weekend.

does that count as tampering? serious question, like stars probably do talk about it off court, on the phone or at ASG, how does the league even enforce that?

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2019, 01:25:04 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
The entire AD saga hinges on Ainge's willingness to include or not include Tatum in any deal.

No other potential trade partner has anything close to Tatum's value.

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2019, 01:25:09 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1480
Look, Rich Paul WORKS for Davis.  He isn't saying anything that Davis doesn't want him to.  All the fake leaks, all the misdirection, all the slime thrown, do we really think that Paul did that all on his own?  Davis had to approve all of that, otherwise Paul would have been fired.

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2019, 01:31:01 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

does that count as tampering? serious question, like stars probably do talk about it off court, on the phone or at ASG, how does the league even enforce that?

The NBA has indicated in the past that this is not tampering, so long as the team is not involved. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2019, 01:33:53 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Stars or players are allowed to talk amongst other players, and that wouldn't be considered tampering. It is when they directly voice their opinions or thoughts to the media, reporters, or any substance in which said information could be leaked voluntarily that could rupture or disturb any intentions in the locker room/organization. LeBron talking to Bosh or Wade in the off-season is another perfect example, along with LeBron calling Love in the off-season before he joined the Cavs, and then eventually Wolves traded Love to the Cavs.

(Concidentally, LeBron is at the helm for most of these problems.)

From the actual NBA website:
"The NBA's anti-tampering rule prohibits teams from interfering with other teams' contractual relationships with NBA players, including by publicly expressing interest in a player who is currently under contract with another team or informing the agent of another team's player of interest by one's own team in that player."

That specification clearly leaves a loophole for players to collaborate with other players, especially disregarding the eventual contractual obligations.

Even CJ McCollum posted an IG picture of Melo wearing a Blazers jersey 2 years ago, and I don't believe he got fined for it.

The rules and regulations are extremely weird, and bizarre, because so much of the rules have loopholes and 'suggestions,' that could allow any player to technically avoid tampering fines.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2019, 01:35:06 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
this guy should just shut up already.....he is oft injured and not a winner.....Danny should look elsewhere before he brings a  drama queen to Boston.