Author Topic: Jodie Meeks agrees to 3-year, near $20 million deal with Detroit Pistons  (Read 3999 times)

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Fire Stan Van Gundy. Fire him now. Just get rid of him.

This is incredible. $7 million for a mediocre backup SG? Unbelievably bad decision.

SVG is clearly out of his depth as GM. Not all coaches are cut out for front office. Just fire him now before he makes an even bigger mess to clean up. Get him out of there.

Yes.

Right after he trades us Andre Drummond for Jeff Green he should be fired.

He probably plans on keeping Drummond as his new version of Dwight Howard with even worse FT shooting.  If you wanted to make a trade with him, maybe he would most covet Kelly Olynyk as his stretch four. 
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Fire Stan Van Gundy. Fire him now. Just get rid of him.

This is incredible. $7 million for a mediocre backup SG? Unbelievably bad decision.

SVG is clearly out of his depth as GM. Not all coaches are cut out for front office. Just fire him now before he makes an even bigger mess to clean up. Get him out of there.

Yes.

Right after he trades us Andre Drummond for Jeff Green he should be fired.

He probably plans on keeping Drummond as his new version of Dwight Howard with even worse FT shooting.  If you wanted to make a trade with him, maybe he would most covet Kelly Olynyk as his stretch four.

Brandon Bass went 2-6 from 3 this season. Take him instead.

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

Up until this point, I'd basically been saying to myself, "If AB won't sign for $6M, we can always just get Jodie Meeks for $4M."

now I'm not sure what to think, but I'm still pretty sure we shouldn't pay AB $7M

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

Up until this point, I'd basically been saying to myself, "If AB won't sign for $6M, we can always just get Jodie Meeks for $4M."

now I'm not sure what to think, but I'm still pretty sure we shouldn't pay AB $7M

You might end up choosing between Bradley for $7m or Nick Young for $5m.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

Offline Humpty Dumpty

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 3
It's nice to see Meekie Millz get some of that grip.

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

You might end up choosing between Bradley for $7m or Nick Young for $5m.

I think I'd rather pay Lance Stephenson $12M than accept either of those two options.