Author Topic: Celtics (1-2) at Heat (2-1) ECF Game #4 9/23/20  (Read 49616 times)

Re: Celtics (1-2) at Heat (2-1) ECF Game #4 9/23/20
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2020, 03:09:44 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2943
  • On To Banner 18!
Referees:  Scott Foster, Tony Brothers, Tre Maddox

I feel like Brothers wasn't that bad in the last couple of games (tho we lost them), it's more of an evil eye at this point. Probably))
Foster is interesting, NBA really values him :blank:

Huh?? Foster's been great actually and he's been fantastic in our games (ex. Game 7 vs. Toronto)

Brothers is THE WORST. He almost single-handedly takes over games for certain teams usually in the 2nd half and unfortunately the C's are usually a team he screws  ::)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2020, 03:34:42 PM »

Offline Greenality

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 46
Referees:  Scott Foster, Tony Brothers, Tre Maddox

I feel like Brothers wasn't that bad in the last couple of games (tho we lost them), it's more of an evil eye at this point. Probably))
Foster is interesting, NBA really values him :blank:

Huh?? Foster's been great actually and he's been fantastic in our games (ex. Game 7 vs. Toronto)

Brothers is THE WORST. He almost single-handedly takes over games for certain teams usually in the 2nd half and unfortunately the C's are usually a team he screws  ::)

Brothers did a lot of sh**, no question, my point is that these last games he was officiating C's - he was decent IMO. At least by his own standards)
I don't say Foster is biased, but, if you read some stuff around the league, he has a certain reputation. Techs can erupt easily))

« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2020, 03:38:52 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Let's keep that undefeated on the "road" playoff record going!

GO CELTS!
Yup

« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2020, 04:26:40 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Let's keep that undefeated on the "road" playoff record going!

GO CELTS!

That's what I'm clinging to now since the 'undefeated in the black jerseys' thing fell off a cliff in games 1 and 2. I'm super-pumped and hope the Cs are, too. Hopefully having Hayward back gives them an unwavering confidence.

« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2020, 04:28:22 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
The Heat have faced little adversity in these playoffs. Indy was hobbled and Milwaukee basically rolled over for them. If we beat their defense again I think their confidence will falter and we roll the rest of the series.

Hopefully 'Stache Gordon and his ankle are feeling even better after the long layoff.

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2020, 04:39:02 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
I'm just gonna turn the game off at the 3rd quarter my brain can't handle the lottery team that is the 3rd quarter Celtics.

I'm not sure what to make of this 3Q woes. Usually, 3Q is when teams make adjustments during the halftime break and players prepare mentally for the 2H. But we should be good in both cases... I'm more positive towards 3Q going forward.
this was posted on SoSH concerning this exact point.

"The Celtics third quarter struggles are fascinating to me. Some of it is real - in the playoffs - and yet the general perception is that this is an ongoing issue for this team. ...

Meanwhile in 72 regular season games for this season, the Celtics were number two in average points scored in the third quarter, second to the Raptors by .1 (29.5 vs 29.6). The Celtics were first in terms of third quarter net margin.

That said, in the playoffs, the Celtics were great during the opening round series with a +5 during the third quarter so their struggles have really only come against two great defensive squads in Toronto (-5.7) and Miami (-2). I am inclined to dismiss this data as a function of specific matchups and small sample size versus an actual problem."
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2020, 06:05:22 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I'm just gonna turn the game off at the 3rd quarter my brain can't handle the lottery team that is the 3rd quarter Celtics.

I'm not sure what to make of this 3Q woes. Usually, 3Q is when teams make adjustments during the halftime break and players prepare mentally for the 2H. But we should be good in both cases... I'm more positive towards 3Q going forward.
this was posted on SoSH concerning this exact point.

"The Celtics third quarter struggles are fascinating to me. Some of it is real - in the playoffs - and yet the general perception is that this is an ongoing issue for this team. ...

Meanwhile in 72 regular season games for this season, the Celtics were number two in average points scored in the third quarter, second to the Raptors by .1 (29.5 vs 29.6). The Celtics were first in terms of third quarter net margin.

That said, in the playoffs, the Celtics were great during the opening round series with a +5 during the third quarter so their struggles have really only come against two great defensive squads in Toronto (-5.7) and Miami (-2). I am inclined to dismiss this data as a function of specific matchups and small sample size versus an actual problem."

Could be lack of depth (loss of Hayward) catching up with starters.

« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2020, 07:40:35 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1370
Let's hope we play well enough to take the refs out of the equation, since we can't control them  :-\

Looking for a big game from JB again, there's a stat that we're 16-1 when JB scores more than 25 points. He needs to be aggressive again and not drift. Drifting in games is the only thing holding him back from getting to an All-Star level. Also hope Gordy will be better than last Saturday.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2020, 07:54:10 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Wonder if the Breonna Taylor decision today (one weak indictment), which is already triggering protests, will impact tonight's game. Her cause was central to a lot of the player's press conferences.

« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2020, 08:03:48 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2943
  • On To Banner 18!
Wonder if the Breonna Taylor decision today (one weak indictment), which is already triggering protests, will impact tonight's game. Her cause was central to a lot of the player's press conferences.

It's certainly possible, and yeah that was absolutely BS that no police officers were charged  >:(

But I'll be honest just on the basketball side of things, if they do decide to do something like that (boycotts), then I'd rather they just end the season right here. I mean they had the boycotts for a few days (which I fully supported) and then resumed but of course this decision is made 2-3 weeks later. Not much is going to be done unless something drastic actually occurs (like quitting the rest of this season).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2020, 08:07:54 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Let's GO BOS!!!

LOSE! (I mean WIN ;)) tonight!

« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2020, 08:27:01 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

It's certainly possible, and yeah that was absolutely BS that no police officers were charged  >:(

But I'll be honest just on the basketball side of things, if they do decide to do something like that (boycotts), then I'd rather they just end the season right here. I mean they had the boycotts for a few days (which I fully supported) and then resumed but of course this decision is made 2-3 weeks later. Not much is going to be done unless something drastic actually occurs (like quitting the rest of this season).
Was Breonna Taylor shot in her sleep?
No.

Did the police announce their presence?
Yes.

Did her boyfriend shoot at the police?
Yes.

Will these facts matter to BLM?
No.

Will they still riot and loot?
Yes.

Will they still defend criminals?
Of course.

« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2020, 08:30:15 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

Was Breonna Taylor shot in her sleep?
No.

Did the police announce their presence?
Yes.

Did her boyfriend shoot at the police?
Yes.

Will these facts matter to BLM?
No.

Will they still riot and loot?
Yes.

Will they still defend criminals?
Of course.

This isn't helping.

How about go back and reconsider your post.

« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2020, 08:32:06 PM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2437
Let’s tie this thing up!
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2020, 08:35:21 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
While I'm hoping for BOS to win I totally get it if they don't play - totally get it.