Poll

You alone decide: should Ime go?

Yes….right now!
21 (21%)
Maybe, but not right now.
33 (33%)
No, not even close to enough time to evaluate him.
38 (38%)
No way, love the guy.
8 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Voting closed: February 23, 2022, 05:45:52 PM

Author Topic: Ime has got to go!  (Read 83567 times)

Re: Ime has got to go!
« Reply #90 on: January 06, 2022, 11:01:54 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Ime once again throwing the players under the bus… take some GD responsibility for your awful coaching. I’m getting major Bobby Valentine vibes from him, maybe he really is a one year coach for this team…

« Reply #91 on: January 06, 2022, 11:05:30 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Ime once again throwing the players under the bus… take some GD responsibility for your awful coaching. I’m getting major Bobby Valentine vibes from him, maybe he really is a one year coach for this team…

One year is far too long… The damage he has already caused I am hoping it’s not irreparable… You’ll give him a year and this team is screwed for a long time

« Reply #92 on: January 06, 2022, 11:07:21 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Ime was the wrong choice from the beginning, this team needed an experienced coach/leader with a bark and a bite.   

« Reply #93 on: January 06, 2022, 11:07:47 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237

Ime’s ego is unbelievably huge. I hate him for putting the blame on everyone but himself. As I said in the other thread, Brad should do something before this experiment explodes in his face. We have 2 all stars. We are not a rebuilding team. Why are we playing like one though? Change must come sooner rather than later.

« Reply #94 on: January 06, 2022, 11:13:52 PM »

Offline Chef Parish

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 1673
You could make an argument for the first 3 choices.But who are the current 4 ppl who LOVE the guy? And what are your reason/s for that ?

« Reply #95 on: January 06, 2022, 11:19:44 PM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119
How many wins does this team have with Brad coaching, I wonder.
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

« Reply #96 on: January 06, 2022, 11:57:49 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
Ime was the wrong choice from the beginning, this team needed an experienced coach/leader with a bark and a bite.

Tp….but

C’mon man…. Uchoka checked all the boxes ……And had the imprimatur of our 3  20-something star players.

How can this be the wrong choice?

« Reply #97 on: January 07, 2022, 12:02:50 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas

Ime’s ego is unbelievably huge. I hate him for putting the blame on everyone but himself. As I said in the other thread, Brad should do something before this experiment explodes in his face. We have 2 all stars. We are not a rebuilding team. Why are we playing like one though? Change must come sooner rather than later.

Tp…..little Brad needs to be a man, suck it up and cut his losses. If any of the three little brats (Imes and Brads fault they are allowed to act like brats) don’t like it, move their arses too.

Fans should be really angry about this. I am. I have watched this team for over 60 years, through ML Carr’s talentless teams and the good times. I am angry I can’t watch them now.

« Reply #98 on: January 07, 2022, 12:31:58 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1440

And this is why Ime shouldn’t have been hired in the first place. He’s never been a head coach at any level. It was a huge gamble and so far it’s not working out.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #99 on: January 07, 2022, 02:04:33 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
It's quite clear now that Ime is one of the worst coaches in the league.

Disastrous hire.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #100 on: January 07, 2022, 05:32:16 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
If Tatum or Brown start taking shots at Ime in public, then he’ll be gone.  Otherwise he gets the full season.  Perhaps the players agree with the coach that it’s all their fault — wouldn’t surprise me if they do.

« Reply #101 on: January 07, 2022, 07:19:25 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1373

Here is the full press conference where he called out the team for a lack of mental toughness, as well as the report of the press conference from Masslive.com.

https://youtu.be/Vgq7lX-3kBY

“It’s a lack of mental toughness to fight through those adverse times,” Udoka said. “It’s across the board. It’s a turnover here, a bad shot here, a missed defensive assignment here, and several missed rebounds tonight. So it’s a lot of different things. A calming presence to slow it down and get us what we want is really what you need at that point. And sometimes we all get caught up in it.”

Udoka mentioned the C’s get rattled even when “it’s not the end of the world. Either we’re going to make some adjustments and get tired of it or it’s going to keep happening,” Udoka said. “... We need some leadership. Somebody that can calm us down and not get rattled when everything starts to go a little south. I think it snowballs between our guys.”

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2022/01/ime-udoka-calls-out-celtics-lack-of-mental-toughness-after-close-loss-blown-lead-to-knicks.html
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #102 on: January 07, 2022, 07:53:01 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2528
It’s Brad’s job to know the answer, not mine. And it’s a good thing it’s not mine because I have no idea.  I hope Brad does. 

Ime’s been auditioning for 4 months now and either Brad sees the hire as a mistake, sees him as a good coach with a flawed roster, or sees him as a inexperienced coach with potential who presides over an underperforming team but needs time to develop (coach and team).  It’s Brad’s job to know the answer and I presume (what realistic choice do I have?) that he knows a lot better than I do.  If he doesn’t, he’s the problem.

Whether Brad is conservative or aggressive in the next few weeks may provide a hint about  whether he thinks it’s more coach than roster or more roster than coach.

« Reply #103 on: January 07, 2022, 08:00:47 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
My wife says she could care less if Ime can coach or not .   I asked why ?

If she has to watch dang basketball with me,  ;D  by god she wants a good looking Celtics  coach to look at .     Doc looks like a ruptured frog to her.

Whelp there you have it !    Stevens made the correct hire. …..for some fans

« Reply #104 on: January 07, 2022, 08:07:52 AM »

Kiorrik

My wife says she could care less if Ime can coach or not .   I asked why ?

If she has to watch dang basketball with me,  ;D  by god she wants a good looking Celtics  coach to look at .     Doc looks like a ruptured frog to her.

Whelp there you have it !    Stevens made the correct hire. …..for some fans

HAHAHAHAHAHA TP - for your wife :')