Author Topic: Can the team get past the Orlando game incident?  (Read 1767 times)

Can the team get past the Orlando game incident?
« on: January 17, 2019, 05:51:01 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I thought after last nights game everything was gravy.... but looking at this clip (last 2:30 of last nights game)...  does it look like there is still beef/divide?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XGAB0NQupc&t=161s

After Irving makes that huge 3 pt shot (2 min 25 sec) ...  Morris is excited and greets Kyrie and you see Hayward, Horford, Smart waiting to give him props

No Brown, Rozier in sight and Tatum also walks by Kyrie into the bench

I also noticed yesterday that two players Kyrie didn't pass to/hardly passed the ball to were Rozier and Brown

So is it wrong to assume there is still a divide in the locker room? 

Can these guys bury the hatchet and workout their differences already? 

Re: Can the team get past the Orlando game incident?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 05:56:10 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Oh, c'mon....

::)

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 05:59:41 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
To be fair Brown and Rozier come off the bench and so they are not overlappung much with Kyrie, so he wont be in the game much with them so less passing to them by default. And he did come out and say JB was right about not airing stuff out to the media. I dont think he says that if he holds a grudge.

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 06:10:14 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
To be fair Brown and Rozier come off the bench and so they are not overlappung much with Kyrie, so he wont be in the game much with them so less passing to them by default. And he did come out and say JB was right about not airing stuff out to the media. I dont think he says that if he holds a grudge.

Hopefully

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2019, 06:15:26 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I think the answer is a clear yes.

After an embarrassing 0-3 road trip losing to vastly inferior teams, they came out and beat the best team in the EC last night.

Don't get me wrong, I still am p---ed that they were very unprofessional in their play and their attitude on that road trip. So much so, that I didn't watch last night and probably won't watch for another 2-3 games.

They won last year without Irving AND Hayward. They just have to show that they can win this year without Hayward. He's a non-entity in many games. Any decent games that they get from him will be gravy. CBS has to dispel the idea that the youngsters have that Hayward is the teacher's pet. Same rules should apply to him as to them (who have lost minutes to him): you perform, you play. And the length of the leash should be the same length for all.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 06:41:07 PM by csfansince60s »

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2019, 06:25:33 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Winning cures all ills.

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2019, 06:27:09 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Reaching
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2019, 06:45:49 PM »

Offline sgrogan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
CBS has to dispel the idea that the youngsters have the Hayward is the teacher's pet. Same rules should apply to him as to them (who have lost minutes to him): you perform, you play. And the length of the leash should be the same length for all.

Isn't this what has been happening? The problem is the whole team is inconsistent.

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2019, 07:00:45 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
i can't  ;)

hope they will

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2019, 07:31:45 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
yes

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2019, 07:47:19 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
They can definitely get over it. Nothing too bad has happened.

But it's up to Kyrie to mend fences. After all, he is the one who broke them in the first place and created these divisions within his own team.

But if he continues in the right fashion and follows through on his comments from last evening, he will do exactly that. And everything will be good.

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2019, 07:57:53 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Already over it.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2019, 07:59:53 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
But it's up to Kyrie to mend fences. After all, he is the one who broke them in the first place and created these divisions within his own team.

I think the divisions were there. Kyrie just acknowledged them.

I mean, is it Kyrie’s fault that Rozier is playing for himself, rather than the team?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2019, 08:20:06 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2019, 08:43:37 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I think the answer is a clear yes.

After an embarrassing 0-3 road trip losing to vastly inferior teams, they came out and beat the best team in the EC last night.

Don't get me wrong, I still am p---ed that they were very unprofessional in their play and their attitude on that road trip. So much so, that I didn't watch last night and probably won't watch for another 2-3 games.

They won last year without Irving AND Hayward. They just have to show that they can win this year without Hayward. He's a non-entity in many games. Any decent games that they get from him will be gravy. CBS has to dispel the idea that the youngsters have that Hayward is the teacher's pet. Same rules should apply to him as to them (who have lost minutes to him): you perform, you play. And the length of the leash should be the same length for all.

Besides Kyrie, Gordon’s probably had the two best games of any Celtic this season. So clearly he can still play at an all-star level. The problem is he hasn’t been able to do it consistently, like pretty much everyone else on the team (sans Kyrie).

I don’t think he needs to be singled out because he’s the “new” guy or a max player. His touches are down compared to his norm just like pretty much everyone else. He’s adapting to a new role just like several others are.

None of them can have the mentality of “play well or you’re losing time to someone else.” We all know who is better than who when they are right. The pecking order is defined for anyone other than the younger guys. If they can’t grasp that, there’s only two much CBS can do.

Nothing Brad has done with Hayward suggests he’s “teachers pet.” If anyone on the team feels that way, they need to come back to reality. The only reason most of them got minutes last season was because of his injury. So however well they did in the playoffs without him (and Kyrie), they shouldn’t remember they would’ve never tasted that success if not for that.
CELTICS 2024