Author Topic: Andre Drummond Rumors  (Read 5179 times)

Andre Drummond Rumors
« on: January 19, 2021, 07:45:39 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Rumors building around Andre Drummond and he's getting mentioned to the C's again. 

One of the stories I read had Nesmith, GWill, and a Second. 

I would drive those two to Cleveland for Drummond.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

Re: Andre Drummond Rumors
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2021, 08:01:59 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I just looked up his salary and it appears he is just outside of our TPE ($28.75M). With him being in the last year of his contract and also putting us into the luxury tax, I'm not sure I would go for it even if he did fit. We would need to find a way to trade Thompson - which would be rough since he just signed with us.

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2021, 08:05:30 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Rumors building around Andre Drummond and he's getting mentioned to the C's again. 

One of the stories I read had Nesmith, GWill, and a Second. 

I would drive those two to Cleveland for Drummond.

yup ...me too

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2021, 08:06:25 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
I am not sure how that trade would work. Our TPE is for 250k less than Drummond's salary. I know with players, there is a small window above the salaries, but I am not sure that works for TPEs. I know you can't aggregate a TPE and player salaries to reach the targeted players salary.

Aside from that, I would be interested in Drummond. His value seems to be low around the league, so this might be fair value. He got dumped last year for essentially Knight, Henson and a 23' second. You could argue our trade would exceed that in value if legal.

Can Drummond stay on the floor in the playoffs? It might be worth some minor assets to find out.
#JKJB

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2021, 08:23:32 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
So, who do you want to give up for salary filler:  Brown or Smart?

For a guy who no team in the league seems to want to pay that much money for.   

This seems like an easy, no brainer pass for the Celtics.

And a rumor that should just die and go away.

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2021, 08:25:34 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I'd rather have a cheaper and better player PJ Tucker, 10x more.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2021, 08:28:16 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
Andre Drummond, 27 years old and averaging 19 pts/16 reb, yeah, it would be nice to have us some of that but at this point, I am not sure I see a deal.  We have Tristan Thompson as essentially the poor man's version of Drummond.  But Thompson is fine for what we ask him to do.  And then there is a Salary/Cap to deal with.

One way to get Drummond would be to trade Kemba, at least in terms of making all the cap rules work.  Maybe there is a 3-way with someone who likes Kemba and has some young assets for Cleveland.  Do people still want Drummond if you have to give up Kemba?

I have not seen Drummond play in a bit so I am not sure.  He certainly is putting up numbers, better numbers than Anthony Davis.  My hesitation is that I see him as more center than PF and without the versatility that some of the other top bigs have.  I am not sure we have the right big to pair with him or in general, the right team to put around him.  With his lack of versatility, you need a pretty specific slot to make him work at his best. 

This year, he has played the vast majority of minutes with Nance on the floor with him per NBA lineup stats.  If CLE is doing any one big units, they are not doing it with Drummond.  I like Drummond, he is a top player in my mind, but may not be right for this team at this time.

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2021, 08:56:45 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Hard pass.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2021, 10:18:12 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Sure would be nice having Drum and TT to throw at AD . 

Guys to build a wall to keep Leturd and AD out of the paint.

I can think of 1/2 dozen guys i could not be sorry to see go to get Drum .

I want to keep smart tho ....his fearless aggressive defense on Lebron and other stars is invaluable in playoffs .

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2021, 11:25:14 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
He doesn't fit into the TPE and even if he did Boston would be way over the apron and would have to move a ton of salary to acquire him. 

I mean are you giving up Smart, Theis, Langford, and Edwards for Drummond.  That works, but that is a bad trade for Boston.  And it isn't like anyone else could be added to the trade from Cleveland (Boston would need to add more salary to get that done) and they aren't going to give up one of their 1st's in that sort of trade. 

Drummond just isn't possible for Boston to reasonably acquire. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2021, 11:50:28 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
He doesn't fit into the TPE and even if he did Boston would be way over the apron and would have to move a ton of salary to acquire him. 

I mean are you giving up Smart, Theis, Langford, and Edwards for Drummond.  That works, but that is a bad trade for Boston.  And it isn't like anyone else could be added to the trade from Cleveland (Boston would need to add more salary to get that done) and they aren't going to give up one of their 1st's in that sort of trade. 

Drummond just isn't possible for Boston to reasonably acquire.
Danny can send Chicago Theis and Carsen and assume Porter jr contract into our tpe . Then send Porter plus second rounders to Cleveland for Drummond. This would be 2 separate trades and be legal because we will be just under the tax apron .
He can also send 6-7 mil more to Chicago in the first trade and keep us under the luxury tax. So he can do Tristan plus Grant plus Carsen to Chicago . I actually like that second option. Drummond will be fine for this year unless he shrinks in the playoffs (my only concern)

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2021, 12:00:50 PM »

Offline Uncle_Stingfinger

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 9
that would be a terrible deal.  our last two first rounders plus another second for a big man that can't play most of the fourth quarter.   nah.

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2021, 12:22:23 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25635
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
We can’t readily match salaries, and he’d likely put us into repeater tax if we could.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2021, 01:38:59 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619
The annual Andre Drummond to Cs thread.

My annual "hard pass" reply, nice to see I'm no longer alone in those feelings.
ok fine

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2021, 02:24:55 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Really don't think it makes sense to use that much salary on a center who can't shoot, pass, or exploit mismatches.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain