Author Topic: Woj: Lakers going after Aldridge and Jordan  (Read 16760 times)

Re: Woj: Lakers going after Aldridge and Jordan
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2015, 10:17:30 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
This couldn't be any more perfect. The Lakers cleansing their team of any remnants of NBA flesh outside of Kobe/Russell/Randle/Clarkson to make offers to guys salivating at contending rosters elsewhere.

It will be funny to watch them fall flat on their faces, just as they did with Melo, Bron, and so many other free agents in recent memory.

Don't see anything wrong with a team going after the top free agents on the market rather than targeting weak second and third tier free agents.

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2015, 10:21:59 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
If I was ainge I would see if I could help facilitate this - offer to take on short term salaries using our trade exceptions.  In return, we receive Randle.  It seems LAL wants to win now, why not at least offer that?

I'd take Randle and Swaggy P of their hands. Guy can score and will only cost 5 mil (opposed to Harris and his max deal.)

That way we'll have enough money for other free agents (Robin Lopez, Ed Davis) and I think Randle will be really good. In fact, him and Smart together would be nice (we'd have the no 6 and 7 pick of last year's draft on our team.)

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2015, 10:23:05 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I don't see anything basketball wise ..attractive to make two guys that are hungry for a title to go there.    Not very stable leadership IMO

But if they are into hanging out and making TV commercials like CP3 ...then I guess they need to sign on.

As long as Kobe is playing...sucking up the cap .......they are going nowhere ......terrible FO , and coach ......

A lot of the OLD appeal went away when Buss Sr died .....Jackson left.....GM is not all he is cracked up to be......was very lucky IMO

TP. Exactly.

I'd add I'd be willing to take some of their contracts for Randle, Don't see why they would need him if they get LMA.

Anyway that team doesn't win jack in the West.

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2015, 10:23:55 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
Yeah, the Lakers would literally have to clear out everyone on their roster save for Kobe to fit both Aldridge and Jordan.

I mean, we're sitting on some pretty valuable trade exceptions over here. Would you help the Lakers clear that space if it netted us Randle or Russell for an exception and picks?

They wouldn't give up Russell but I'd take Randle for sure.

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2015, 10:27:20 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
Yeah, the Lakers would literally have to clear out everyone on their roster save for Kobe to fit both Aldridge and Jordan.

I mean, we're sitting on some pretty valuable trade exceptions over here. Would you help the Lakers clear that space if it netted us Randle or Russell for an exception and picks?

Of course! It obviously depends on the picks though.

I don't know...

Russel maybe, depending on what we would need to take on in return (in addition to him). 

Randle no...really not interested in him at all.

Why not?

You haven't even seen him play in the NBA yet.

Last year I was hoping that we'd draft either him or Smart. Now we could both. Randle could turn into another Zack Randolph, maybe better!

« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2015, 12:32:49 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Even if they get rid of people they can't afford 2 max guys! Anyone who wants Swaggy P is crazy...  He's a lazy gunner who his own coach ( B. Scott)doesn't want.  Just what we would need another guard...

http://cbafaq.com/blog/?p=317

« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2015, 12:41:50 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Adrian Wojnarowski ?@WojYahooNBA
Lakers didn't make strong impression in Aldridge meeting, sources say. Spurs can close on him. LMA expected to make decision fairly soon.

« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2015, 12:42:39 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Lakers didn't make strong impression in Aldridge meeting, sources say. Spurs can close on him. LMA expected to make decision fairly soon.

But I thought L.A always gets the best free agents!

« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2015, 12:46:18 PM »

Offline GC003332

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 62
Code for

Aldridge asking about his role in the offence.
Kobe sitting across the table with a sly smirk on his face.

« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2015, 12:51:41 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

Of course! It obviously depends on the picks though.

I don't know...

Russel maybe, depending on what we would need to take on in return (in addition to him). 

Randle no...really not interested in him at all.

Why not?

You haven't even seen him play in the NBA yet.

Last year I was hoping that we'd draft either him or Smart. Now we could both. Randle could turn into another Zack Randolph, maybe better!
why?

you havent even seen him play in the nba yet. hee, hee. lack of evidence works both ways doesnt it?   ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2015, 12:52:44 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

of course they do!! they have fame, and night life, and weather!! just look how it kept dwight howard there! oh wait...
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2015, 12:52:49 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269

Yup I fully expect Aldridge to sign with Spurs barring any surprises. Good. I like watching Aldridge play and would rather root for him than against him. TP.

« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2015, 12:53:49 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

of course they do!! they have fame, and night life, and weather!! just look how it kept dwight howard there! oh wait...
you are just a stupid idiot. LA never even wanted Aldridge. They intentionally blew the meeting.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2015, 12:55:09 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

you are just a stupid idiot. LA never even wanted Aldridge. They intentionally blew the meeting.

But I thought the next Chris Paul and Zach Randolph would've been enough for Aldridge to blown away. They even have warm weather for crying out loud!

« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2015, 12:56:19 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
If I was ainge I would see if I could help facilitate this - offer to take on short term salaries using our trade exceptions.  In return, we receive Randle.  It seems LAL wants to win now, why not at least offer that?

I'd take Randle and Swaggy P of their hands. Guy can score and will only cost 5 mil (opposed to Harris and his max deal.)

That way we'll have enough money for other free agents (Robin Lopez, Ed Davis) and I think Randle will be really good. In fact, him and Smart together would be nice (we'd have the no 6 and 7 pick of last year's draft on our team.)
I would be more than shocked if they give up Julius Randle in a salary dump
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.