Author Topic: James Young (What is he up to now?)  (Read 1507 times)

James Young (What is he up to now?)
« on: July 16, 2020, 06:33:56 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Disclaimer: I know you guys thinks he sucks, he's a bust, and he's overrated. And WHY am I making a post about him in the first place?

:police:

:-[

::)

;)

___
James Young was a binkie of mine.

I really hoped he could've achieved his true potential with us. 2013-2015, I followed our young players religiously, even to a certain point of 'obsession.' (Mekhi Pfeiffer would like to have a word with you.)

Call me an outlier, call me a weirdo, or usual suspecting Celtics homer, or whatever you want.

I still believe someone like James Young will find his place in the NBA, whether or not as a role player, sixth man, or even the starting SG/SF shooting lefty swing that I always considered he could've been.

We've seen it all the time in the NBA. Players who are talented, athletic, but just never put it together. Some players are given so much hype, but they never apply themselves enough to work on their game. James Young as you know has been waived since 2016, after he joined the Wisconsin Herd. He did okay, but got waived thereafter, and decided to go overseas to the Israeli League, where's he's actually doing pretty decent.

So how decent?

He's leading the league in points with 20.5.

His stats are as follows: 20.5/5.2/1.9 on 44.5/41.1/79.7.

You might say that the Israeli League is weak competition, (Deni Avdija is putting up 13.5/6.1./2.9 for example there,) and considered one of the weakest leagues in the world. That is true, but it should at least be comforting he's doing well there. If he was averaging like 10/4/3, I feel that would be somewhat concerning.

He's been working with Tremaine Dalton of The Process Basketball during his tenure with Macabi. And to be honest, I actually think his game has improved a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ri1HuiA4BA&t=306s

I have some kind of infatuation with left handed shooters. I just find their shooting so aesthetically appealing. I've noticed when he was with us, he had a tendency to shoot and land awkwardly after the release. While he hasn't exactly fixed that, he's actually used that to help him gather more momentum and create more off the catch fouls on 3's.

He also seems more willing and engaged. Seems to listen to criticism and handle it better. Looks like his maturity level has increased, and hopefully he can use that knowledge to allow him to make a comeback to the league.

I think the ability to shoot and his height will allow him to give himself that opportunity. I just hope he doesn't squander it.

The world needs more James Young. Or maybe I do? (Maybe I really liked the Smart & Young tagline.)

James Young: Media Day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De3CAjg2MBA

James Young Israeli Highlights, (this is in Korean lol.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSBvfP8NAcc
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Re: James Young (What is he up to now?)
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2020, 06:55:22 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I’ll always hold it against him that we took him over Harris, Hood and Bogdanovic.

He’s still young enough to make it (25 later this year), and we’ve seen guys take big breaks from the NBA to come back finally ready, like Gerald Green and PJ Tucker. However, there’s no spot for Young on this team
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2020, 07:28:13 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Disclaimer: I know you guys thinks he sucks, he's a bust, and he's overrated. And WHY am I making a post about him in the first place?

:police:

:-[

::)

;)

___
James Young was a binkie of mine.

I really hoped he could've achieved his true potential with us. 2013-2015, I followed our young players religiously, even to a certain point of 'obsession.' (Mekhi Pfeiffer would like to have a word with you.)

Call me an outlier, call me a weirdo, or usual suspecting Celtics homer, or whatever you want.

I still believe someone like James Young will find his place in the NBA, whether or not as a role player, sixth man, or even the starting SG/SF shooting lefty swing that I always considered he could've been.

We've seen it all the time in the NBA. Players who are talented, athletic, but just never put it together. Some players are given so much hype, but they never apply themselves enough to work on their game. James Young as you know has been waived since 2016, after he joined the Wisconsin Herd. He did okay, but got waived thereafter, and decided to go overseas to the Israeli League, where's he's actually doing pretty decent.

So how decent?

He's leading the league in points with 20.5.

His stats are as follows: 20.5/5.2/1.9 on 44.5/41.1/79.7.

You might say that the Israeli League is weak competition, (Deni Avdija is putting up 13.5/6.1./2.9 for example there,) and considered one of the weakest leagues in the world. That is true, but it should at least be comforting he's doing well there. If he was averaging like 10/4/3, I feel that would be somewhat concerning.

He's been working with Tremaine Dalton of The Process Basketball during his tenure with Macabi. And to be honest, I actually think his game has improved a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ri1HuiA4BA&t=306s

I have some kind of infatuation with left handed shooters. I just find their shooting so aesthetically appealing. I've noticed when he was with us, he had a tendency to shoot and land awkwardly after the release. While he hasn't exactly fixed that, he's actually used that to help him gather more momentum and create more off the catch fouls on 3's.

He also seems more willing and engaged. Seems to listen to criticism and handle it better. Looks like his maturity level has increased, and hopefully he can use that knowledge to allow him to make a comeback to the league.

I think the ability to shoot and his height will allow him to give himself that opportunity. I just hope he doesn't squander it.

The world needs more James Young. Or maybe I do? (Maybe I really liked the Smart & Young tagline.)

James Young: Media Day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De3CAjg2MBA

James Young Israeli Highlights, (this is in Korean lol.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSBvfP8NAcc

I likee the James Young pick at the time and thought the Cs got a steal because of Young's car accident. But James Young was not a hard worker from what I could see. He thought he made it and just cruised through his contract...

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2020, 07:41:50 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Plays for Wuhan Covids

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2020, 07:46:55 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I’ll always hold it against him that we took him over Harris, Hood and Bogdanovic.

He’s still young enough to make it (25 later this year), and we’ve seen guys take big breaks from the NBA to come back finally ready, like Gerald Green and PJ Tucker. However, there’s no spot for Young on this team

He made that ONE incredible, spectacular,  fearless drive and dunk at the right time to help his team in an emotional NCAA playoff game.   It will be a college highlight for many years .  A Lebron or Jordon special moment for Young.  I flew out of my chair ....WOW !  Danny get that guy ....fearless ! 

Danny was fooled too   :-X

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2020, 08:08:03 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I felt bad for this dude.

Outside of perhaps Jared Sullinger I've never seen ANYONE that elicited such a polarizing effect here....

I don't think even Rondo did this to us.

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2020, 11:01:31 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
I felt bad for this dude.

Outside of perhaps Jared Sullinger I've never seen ANYONE that elicited such a polarizing effect here....

I don't think even Rondo did this to us.
Were you not here for the Antoine era?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2020, 03:22:30 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
I lurked during those years - too scared to jump in.

But I proudly wear 'Toine in my avatar player name now.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2020, 09:00:41 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I was as happy as Bill Simmons when we made that pick (and will never forget watching his reaction  live).

However, he looked so lost out there 98% of the time. He had such great potential to be an above average role player and a lower end starter on most teams. It appeared he just had zero passion or work ethic.