Author Topic: Game 3, Sox vs Astros  (Read 19689 times)

Game 3, Sox vs Astros
« on: October 14, 2018, 11:06:33 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Feeling similar to last series..we did it with less then stellar performances... Starting pitching good but far from great...bullpen scares and shining by Porcello....One game of big hits....

5:09 EST starting time which means we get Sox game 3 first followed by Celtics game 1!!! Lets get a double win!!

Eovaldi(guess) vs  Keuchel..Last year Keuchel dominated us with one run in 6 innings but this Sox team feels different. Here is hoping Yankees vibe continues and our bats rip the hearts of Astros fans wide open with a biggie....

We need one in Houston to get back to Fenway..2 for great chance at Series...3 for lots of rest....Tuesday- lets do this!!

Re: Game 3, Sox vs Astros
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 12:25:38 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
I feel pretty confident in Eovaldi and Porcello in the next couple games. We should at least split. We hit the invincible Astros in the mouth a bit tonight, and, dare I say, it, but there were moments where they looked rattled. Reminds me of the 2013 Tigers. Great team, but if you put a bit of doubt in their heads..........

A radical idea I will continue to espouse: I wanna see Kimbrel come in earlier, and Brasier get a shot to close.

Price should get some bullpen innings too. It's not like he's burning his arm out starting. I can see him coming in to save the day in some impromptu moments where he doesn't have to think too much and get some huge outs for us.

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 01:25:47 AM »

• Don Nelson
I feel pretty confident in Eovaldi and Porcello in the next couple games. We should at least split. We hit the invincible Astros in the mouth a bit tonight, and, dare I say, it, but there were moments where they looked rattled. Reminds me of the 2013 Tigers. Great team, but if you put a bit of doubt in their heads..........

A radical idea I will continue to espouse: I wanna see Kimbrel come in earlier, and Brasier get a shot to close.

Price should get some bullpen innings too. It's not like he's burning his arm out starting. I can see him coming in to save the day in some impromptu moments where he doesn't have to think too much and get some huge outs for us.

I agree with Price idea..if not time to think, he could be more effective as it does seem to be mental. Kimbrel definitely needs to be used more frequently. His numbers show he is best when used frequent so even in blowouts or losses, maybe a few batters could keep his arm and mind tuned right.

I agree we should be able to split one of next two. I would love to see us win two of three in Houston and close it game six. Hate 2-3-2 format as I think it evens out home field advantage for better team. For us though, I expect to see our offense click even bigger on the road..we will see...

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2018, 05:01:43 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Let's go Eovaldi! We need to get a good outing out of a starter after how much we've used the bullpen
I'm bitter.

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 05:16:29 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
There we go! 1-0 in the first inning
I'm bitter.

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2018, 05:24:34 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
A bit of a missed opportunity not scoring JD there, but I'll take a 2-0 lead to start the game
I'm bitter.

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2018, 05:24:51 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
would have loved to have seen us get that third run in there... was the pearce groundout not something we could run on? On west coast this is is work day so forced to follow on gamecast...

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2018, 05:29:38 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
would have loved to have seen us get that third run in there... was the pearce groundout not something we could run on? On west coast this is is work day so forced to follow on gamecast...

He may have been able to make it, but it's probably not worth risking it with 1 out in the 1st. A bit disappointing that we couldn't bring him in, though
I'm bitter.

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2018, 05:36:06 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

He may have been able to make it, but it's probably not worth risking it with 1 out in the 1st. A bit disappointing that we couldn't bring him in, though

if it is 50-50 my view with 1 out you do it (where you don't do it if it is zero outs). Chance of getting a wild pitch or a hit there from nunez with 2 outs has to be 30% or so. How hard were the sox hits? does it seem like we are really teeing off against him?

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2018, 05:37:37 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson

if it is 50-50 my view with 1 out you do it (where you don't do it if it is zero outs). Chance of getting a wild pitch or a hit there from nunez with 2 outs has to be 30% or so. How hard were the sox hits? does it seem like we are really teeing off against him?

They've mostly been on the ground through the gaps. Not super hard hit, but enough to get the job done
I'm bitter.

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2018, 05:43:49 PM »

• Don Nelson
going to be a crazy one

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2018, 05:44:03 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
sigh, we just can't get the shut down inning.

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2018, 05:48:00 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Eovaldi really has good "stuff." Which is fortunate, as he can still be decently effective when he isn't pitching particularly well.

Hopefully he settles down. I'll gladly take a 2-1 lead on the road after one.

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2018, 06:04:57 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
44 pitches through 2. Hard to imagine evoldi going more than 5 now.

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2018, 06:07:40 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
i guess keuchal has settled in. Hopefully this reverse jinxes him somehow.