Author Topic: Magic May Allow Howard To Leave In Free Agency  (Read 5312 times)

Re: Magic May Allow Howard To Leave In Free Agency
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2012, 08:08:51 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
If Howard does not want to become a Celtic, Ainge can still improve the team by effectively renting out cap space to facilitate a sign-and-trade that sends Howard to a capped out team.  That won't please people who want a contender next season, but a multi-year rebuilding plan may be the way to go.

trade for rudy gay

trade for okafor

sign eric gordon or oj mayo in the summer / role players

^^ now that's what i call a rebuild

a rebuild into a perennial 1st or 2nd round exit, maybe.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2012, 08:23:49 PM »

Offline beantownboy171

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
I firmly believe that we're in prime position to snag Dwight Howard if he makes it to free agency. The trickiest step to getting Dwight in Boston is clearing Pierce's contract from the books.

That can be done possibly through amnesty or via trade.

Realistically, we could move Rondo and the clippers pick to get into the top 10 and snag a swing man.

Lets say Rondo and the clippers pick (15-20 range) for Monte Ellis and the warriors pick (5-10 range).

We'd have room to sign both Derron Williams and Dwight Howard along with other pieces.

We'd have two top 10 picks in the draft, I like Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and Jared Sullinger for his scoring.

We'd project a future line-up as such:

Williams
Ellis
Kidd-Gilchrist
Sullinger
Howard

Tis my dream scenario.

Very good idea,
but how do you get two top 10 picks from moving Rondo?
Are you saying you'd get a top 10 pick from moving Pierce as well?
Right now our record projects us as a late top 10 pick. I really think this teams going to get hit with the injury bug, and that's where we'll end up (9-10 range).

EDIT: However, I just remembered, I don't think GS has their first rounder anymore. I believe they traded it away. so this scenario wouldn't work.

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2012, 08:35:54 PM »

Offline green7

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
If Howard does not want to become a Celtic, Ainge can still improve the team by effectively renting out cap space to facilitate a sign-and-trade that sends Howard to a capped out team.  That won't please people who want a contender next season, but a multi-year rebuilding plan may be the way to go.

trade for rudy gay

trade for okafor

sign eric gordon or oj mayo in the summer / role players

^^ now that's what i call a rebuild

a rebuild into a perennial 1st or 2nd round exit, maybe.

if we can get dwight then it's championship championship championship but it's highly doubtful at the moment a starting 5 or rondo,dwight,gay,gordon,smith >>>> could win the rings

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2012, 08:55:03 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I had a feeling Orlando Magic won't trade Dwight Howard. First of all, they won't get an equal value for the undisputed best Center in NBA going on half of decade. Secondly, $30 million :o We type of idiot would leave $30 million on the table and walk away. Orlando Magic hold trump card here. At the end of the day, I think Dwight Howard signs extension and stays in Orlando.

I don't he would be that much of an idiot to leave that much money on the table.  He would still be able to earn 80 mil over 4 years if he thinks another situation would be better.

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2012, 09:13:03 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
If he doesn't come to the Celtics, I hope he stays in Orlando and the Magic can improve around him. He means a lot to the city and it would be a shame to see him go to LA (for many reasons). He seems to have incentive to stick around.