Author Topic: Rozier On Get Up! & First Take Today  (Read 25632 times)

Re: Rozier On Get Up! & First Take Today
« Reply #240 on: May 17, 2019, 03:12:38 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
How is that funny?  Those are hard stats that Nick posted and I didn't change one thing about them.

Obviously he's not gonna get Iverson minutes, but with the subtraction of Kyrie I think those numbers would be pretty close except rebounds.

Yall dream of JB shooting that ft %, and in what world is 35% 3pt shooting not acceptable?

And do yall honestly think anyone can sustain shooting 3's at 43% clip? (Tatum)

Yall demand perfection from everyone while happy to watch Kyrie bust it all up and do what he wants, no matter the outcome or how bad it is.

You guys are an enigma or something  :)

I'm beginning to think yall are trolls from another team wanting us to keep our cancer.

Thanks for the laugh.

By the way, calling us trolls.. LOL!

Lord have mercy.  I wish I could get you on court and show you exactly what I mean  :)

So what exactly do you mean? If Rozier goes somewhere like the Suns... Will you also watch/follow that team?

I'm just confused as to your unwavering confidence/infatuation with Rozier.

If you haven't watched the interviews you really should.   

https://youtu.be/EBRYxN4MLPk

The quotes, taken out of context, were much worse than the actual message.  It was a wide-ranging interview full of perspective and honesty (which is extremely rare in this day and age). 

I can see why people like Ainge bought into Terry in the first place.
TP.
I have watched the interviews. Yes, there is more context. But I still feel Rozier came off bad. Even with context he admitted he was mentally compromised from the start because he didn't have Kyrie's spot, thought himself deserving of handing the ball more than Kyrie and Gordon, admitted he and others were out trying harder to get theirs in a contract year, kinda through his Coach under the bus and is so in love with himself and his abilities he referred to himself in the 3rd person.

Context or not, he did do and say all that. Given his play on the court this year, he should have kept his mouth shut. Let's review just how poor his year is so we can appreciate just how bad his game was compared to how good he thinks he is:

MPG: 22.7
PPG: 9.0
RPG: 3.9
APG: 2.9
FG%: 38.7%
3PT%: 35.3%
FT%: 78.5%
eFG%: 47.7%
TS%: 50.1%
WS: 3.2
WS/48: 0.086
OFFRAT: 103.9
DEFRAT: 105.2
NetRAT: -1.3

That's bad and matches with the eye test. Problem is those numbers are very close to what he does on a yearly average or are worse than those yearly numbers.

He simply isn't good enough and didn't play well enough to justify he should have had even the role he was given, nevermind something larger than he got.

Aaaah...so if he played Iverson type minutes...and doubled up to 44...that's 18 ppg, 8 rebounds, and 6 assists, good foul and 3pt shooting.

Accomplishing that while another guy takes your spot that doesn't like to pass and you're either off-ball playing with that same guy and then used as a wing being 6'2...

To me that shows if the team had faith and let him comfortably run the point where he takes good care of the ball, plays better D against other tricky points than Kyrie does, while moving the ball much better, rebounding at that kind of pace for a point allowing the team to run much more...is a much better fit than a point that takes the air out of the ball every possesion, while forcing shots against multiple defenders giving you only 22 points for the trouble.  Then add in the times they can run off his steals and you have an entirely different team than what we just watched.

And this in a year when the coaching staff could easily be graded an F, with EVERYONE taking bad shots with a poor defensive and rebounding scheme on top of it.

I just have no idea what you guys are watching, except waiting for the next play when Kyrie mesmerizes people and makes them feel good.

Or whatever that whole thing is about.

But I know one thing...yall didn't feel so good last week, or right now because of your dude.

That's reality

L O L

Exactly. No player in the league plays 44 minutes per game and there's no evidence that says Rozier can sustain his level of play (as mediocre as it is) over an extended period of time. The league leader in minutes was Brad Beal at 36. So let's look at Rozier's and Kyrie's #'s adjusted per 36 mins:

False.

Rozier is clearly the better player than Irving. It's why he won gold medals, All-Star appearances, All-Star MVP, and averaged over 20 PPG in his sea-

Oh wait, that's Irving. Never mind.

LOL!

You're just not able to understand what i'm saying. Nowhere on this board have I EVER said he was better than Kyrie.

I SAID HE WAS A BETTER FIT...and I already posted why. Matter fact HE already showed you but you have your head in the sand like an ostrich  :)

And I don't follow other teams because i'm not really impressed with the nba style now, and the rules.

I don't want the Celts chasing another point this off-season, just so they can focus on the big they've needed since Garnett was here.

Kyrie fell in their lap and didn't work out...they need to GET THEIR BIG, or bigs...without getting rid of talent.

And the Warriors are still the Warriors, so matching up with them with Kyrie is a fool's run.  You think they were humiliated by the Bucks...

You didn't post anything factual... You just made your own biased opinionated drivel that you've been driving these past few weeks. Rozier isn't a better "fit." Can we stop with this ridiculous notion?

I don't understand why there is such a big hype train for Rozier...

I like him, or I used to before he came out and threw his teammates under the bus, but you guys are acting like some 76ers stans...

Terry Rozier in playoffs averaged 16.5 PPG, 5.7 APG, 5.3 RPG, and played solid excellent defense. I will give him that.

But he also took 7.7 3PA, and yet alone averaged 40% from FG. That tells me that Rozier took plenty of 3's, and as luck would draw, averaged 34.5% on 3PA.

Those numbers tell me he took a lot of shots, and some went in, and some didn't.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #241 on: May 17, 2019, 03:15:45 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
Rozier isn't a better "fit" than Kyrie.  Rozier plays the same type of game, he just plays it at a vastly inferior level.  It's not like we're talking about a pass-first versus a scoring PG, or an elite pick-and-roll PG versus an iso-heavy player.  What skill (outside of perhaps rebounding) does Rozier have that Kyrie doesn't?

And seriously, we're arguing about Terry's production if he was suddenly given 44 minutes per game?  Terry ranked 11th on the team in points per minute.  He was behind Wanamaker and Theis.  "Per 44 minutes", Terry ranked 270th in the NBA.  He also ranked 400th (!!) in True Shooting Percentage.  What point is it that is trying to be argued?

You're posting things that have no bearing on my point, and obviously you missed a couple posts if you're still talking about 44 minutes.

All yall can see is Kyrie's scoring, but if you haven't noticed, we don't really need that kind of scoring at the point...to the detriment of the team.

What that does is shore up our perimeter defense a little bit better so the entire team is not a step behind the ball or players driving, so the bigs and the rest of the team have a better chance of staying in front of people, and not so out of position for rebounds, and most importantly free's up the rest of the scorers for a more balanced and consistent attack.

If you can't see that, then there's no more reason for me to keep writing it.

« Reply #242 on: May 17, 2019, 03:19:11 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
Rozier isn't a better "fit" than Kyrie.  Rozier plays the same type of game, he just plays it at a vastly inferior level.  It's not like we're talking about a pass-first versus a scoring PG, or an elite pick-and-roll PG versus an iso-heavy player.  What skill (outside of perhaps rebounding) does Rozier have that Kyrie doesn't?

And seriously, we're arguing about Terry's production if he was suddenly given 44 minutes per game?  Terry ranked 11th on the team in points per minute.  He was behind Wanamaker and Theis.  "Per 44 minutes", Terry ranked 270th in the NBA.  He also ranked 400th (!!) in True Shooting Percentage.  What point is it that is trying to be argued?

You're posting things that have no bearing on my point, and obviously you missed a couple posts if you're still talking about 44 minutes.

All yall can see is Kyrie's scoring, but if you haven't noticed, we don't really need that kind of scoring at the point...to the detriment of the team.

What that does is shore up our perimeter defense a little bit better so the entire team is not a step behind the ball or players driving, so the bigs and the rest of the team have a better chance of staying in front of people, and not so out of position for rebounds, and most importantly free's up the rest of the scorers for a more balanced and consistent attack.

Your points don't make any sense...

You talk about not needing scoring, and improving perimeter defense. Our main issue last year has been defined roles, ball movement, not cutting/moving off-ball, and defense down low. There were many times where players drove by us, perimeter defense is important, but not every player is Kawhi Leonard that can shut someone down man on man consistently..

By the way Irving ranked 4.7 in VORP, career high, along with 0.4 on DPM/2.9 on DWS.

So you're literally just either making stuff up, or share the similar intense dislike for Irving like some of the users here.

Also what does your scoring argument + the rebounding/perimeter defense have anything to do with each other?

Are you saying because Irving iso's, and shoots a lot that it doesn't allow the defense to get back in transition/offensive rebounding? I don't get it.

« Reply #243 on: May 17, 2019, 03:30:03 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
Aight...You're right, im wrong.  I don't know what the hell i'm saying...i'm a lunatic.

Good day

« Reply #244 on: May 17, 2019, 04:21:21 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
How is that funny?  Those are hard stats that Nick posted and I didn't change one thing about them.

Obviously he's not gonna get Iverson minutes, but with the subtraction of Kyrie I think those numbers would be pretty close except rebounds.

Yall dream of JB shooting that ft %, and in what world is 35% 3pt shooting not acceptable?

Yall demand perfection from everyone while happy to watch Kyrie bust it all up and do what he wants, no matter the outcome or how bad it is.

I'm beginning to think yall are trolls from another team wanting us to keep our cancer.

Correction:  Kyrie AND Hayward  :)
Calling other posters trolls because the do not agree with you is against the rules. Do not do it again.
You have been warned.

« Reply #245 on: May 17, 2019, 04:28:31 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford

Your points don't make any sense...

You talk about not needing scoring, and improving perimeter defense. Our main issue last year has been defined roles, ball movement, not cutting/moving off-ball, and defense down low. There were many times where players drove by us, perimeter defense is important, but not every player is Kawhi Leonard that can shut someone down man on man consistently..

By the way Irving ranked 4.7 in VORP, career high, along with 0.4 on DPM/2.9 on DWS.

So you're literally just either making stuff up, or share the similar intense dislike for Irving like some of the users here.

Also what does your scoring argument + the rebounding/perimeter defense have anything to do with each other?

Are you saying because Irving iso's, and shoots a lot that it doesn't allow the defense to get back in transition/offensive rebounding? I don't get it.

Just so you'll understand...

Defined roles=Brad and Kyrie's fault...Only Kyrie has a defined role...shoot whenever he wants
Ball movement=Kyrie's fault...Refuses to pass
Not cutting=Kyrie's fault...what's the point of cutting if he's fighting through 5 guys to shoot?
Defense down low= Brad's fault...ineffective switching scheme, everyone getting by Kyrie taking bigs out of the paint...with foul pressure, so they play fake defense.

And I meant if Rozier was the starting point that's how it would change the team without any player movement except letting Kyrie walk.

Now if you don't understand any of that then you should be a hockey fan.

« Reply #246 on: May 17, 2019, 04:30:00 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
The immature back and forth sniping needs to end from everyone as well

« Reply #247 on: May 17, 2019, 04:33:44 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford

Calling other posters trolls because the do not agree with you is against the rules. Do not do it again.
You have been warned.

Yeah but I said "beginning to think"  I didn't call him that.

Do I really bother yall that much?  I mean, let me know right now

« Reply #248 on: May 17, 2019, 04:39:50 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

You have been warned.

I have no problem with you at all.

I'm just simply saying the same issues that you claim Irving have, can also apply to Rozier...

Criticize Irving all you want, but we are not better with Rozier leading the point. That is simply false, and unless you provide actual statistics to back up your claim, it is hard for me to believe or find you credible.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 04:52:49 PM by Monkhouse »

« Reply #249 on: May 17, 2019, 04:52:56 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

You have been warned.

You don't get a pass by using a few qualifying words before calling people trolls. If you want to post here, follow the rules. I suggest reading them.:

https://forum.celticsstrong.com/index.php?topic=10.0

« Reply #250 on: May 17, 2019, 04:56:04 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford

You have been warned.

I'm just simply saying the same issues that you claim Irving have, can also apply to Rozier...

Criticize Irving all you want, but we are not better with Rozier leading the point. That is simply false, and unless you provide actual statistics to back up your claim, it is hard for me to believe or find you credible.

USG % went down, his assist to turnover ratio is the best in his career, and he averaged career high in APG. He did iso occasionally, but did Tatum, and Rozier not do that also? A lot of hatred towards Irving, I simply don't get it. He had his best career season.

I do not hate Kyrie, man. I see he can get by anyone whenever he wants and get his shot whenever or wherever, handle off the chain and is even a pretty elite passer.

It just doesn't translate for whatever reason in his mind, and how many more years are you gonna wait with 2 already gone and him nearing 28 when he's not gonna get any better?

Now...does the ball swing better to other players when Terry is the point?  Be truthful to yourself.

Can he not keep players in front of him better?  Especially as a point and not a wing?

Does he not rebound well for a point his size?

Does he not shoot the 3 at 35%?

Does Kyrie score much better?  YES

Were they competitive with it against a contending team?  NO

« Reply #251 on: May 17, 2019, 05:51:55 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

You have been warned.

USG % went down, his assist to turnover ratio is the best in his career, and he averaged career high in APG. He did iso occasionally, but did Tatum, and Rozier not do that also? A lot of hatred towards Irving, I simply don't get it. He had his best career season.

I do not hate Kyrie, man. I see he can get by anyone whenever he wants and get his shot whenever or wherever, handle off the chain and is even a pretty elite passer.

It just doesn't translate for whatever reason in his mind, and how many more years are you gonna wait with 2 already gone and him nearing 28 when he's not gonna get any better?

Now...does the ball swing better to other players when Terry is the point?  Be truthful to yourself.

Can he not keep players in front of him better?  Especially as a point and not a wing?

I think Rozier is a stink bomb of a player.

« Reply #252 on: May 17, 2019, 06:36:23 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

You have been warned.

I think Rozier is a stink bomb of a player.

tp.....

« Reply #253 on: May 17, 2019, 06:45:29 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

You have been warned.

Rebounding? Sure, I'll give you that.

Shoot the 3 at 35%? Umm... So he shot the ball at league average? How is that impressive? Irving shot 40%

Rozier is a great defender, I'll also agree with that; when he's engaged. When he isn't, he sucks. And before you tell me why that is the reason he should be starting. BEING a MALCONTENT because you aren't starting or getting heavy minutes IS NOT professional. It shows clear signs of immaturity, and lack of leadership. The same qualities you claim Irving also lacks. So why does Rozier get a pass on this?

Speaking of passing.. Does the ball swing better? I'm not going to answer that question. The simple eye test should explain how weak his court vision is.

All in all, I've never hated Rozier until he threw his team under the bus. I feel his pain, because he thinks he should be starting. That being said, you're not starting over an All-Star PG that averages twice as PPG, and doubles the same amount assists. If you care and want to be considered a team player, think about improvements in your game. That's what frustrates me about Rozier. He made it all about him, and said the team sucked basically. He didn't say that he didn't do a good job, and could improve his game in the future.

It's pretty telling that in the past 3 years before Irving came, we have had enormous success in the regular season. Rozier has a career -24 plus minus. Irving is +331. Sure plus/minus is a flawed stat, but if Rozier swung and moved the ball more, I would imagine he wouldn't be so dreadful in +/-. That alone should tell you the scope of Rozier's development.

I always felt like Rozier could've been Avery Bradley protege. That ship has long sailed. Rozier was content in taking 3's like 4-6 seconds into the shot clock, instead of using his physical gifts/and tools to create offense.

« Reply #254 on: May 17, 2019, 06:53:10 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I have no clue how people are actually defending Rozier after his ESPN appearances.

Even if he was being honest, it wasn't right the way he did it.

Do you see Sixers players currently lashing out to the media and ripping the team and coaches in public? It was a frustrating year and there's a lot of people to blame, but the way Rozier went about venting his frustrations is unacceptable. This guy even spoke in third person when asked questions. Doesn't sound like a guy who really cares about the success of the team.

I for one will be glad when he's gone to a mediocre team who pays him 12M+ AAV.

Can't believe I say this after last year's playoff run which he was a huge part of, but it's become pretty clear to me he was a big part of the locker room issues this season. He thought he could be "the man" himself but he wasn't even a great bench player if we're being honest.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller