Author Topic: Jaylen Brown's handles  (Read 2291 times)

Re: Jaylen Brown's handles
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2017, 11:42:14 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I heard they bought him ballhog gloves

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2017, 11:48:59 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Jaylen is much improved but it's easy to tell that his ball handling ability isn't instinctual yet.  He usually makes mistakes when there isn't an obvious play to be made.  His dribbling is solid when he knows what he wants to do with the ball.

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2017, 11:57:54 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I'm confident that he his handle will be fine based on how much he has improved it since last year.  I didn't expect him to be as good as he currently is for another year or two.  I'm very pleased with his rate of improvement from last year to this one in multiple areas including ballhandling, rebounding, and shooting.  I'm trilled with Brown's overall progress since he was drafted.

Regarding his handle and finishing around the rim on dunks and layups, does anyone know if his hands are small?  Some of his issues with missed dunks and getting the ball poked away could be exacerbated by small hands and to my eyes they certainly don't look like big hands.

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2017, 01:21:25 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Reading these comments I concur with all of them. Jaylen needs to develop a good crossover between his legs to change directions because it causes guys to reach in and foul while he's protecting it with his body. Someone said he dribbles high and into traffic...both are spot on.

It will all come in time. Like Tommy was saying yesterday he was getting schooled on DeRozan's head fakes, he'll learn. It's just stunning at how some of this stuff comes so easy for Tatum.

I want to see Tatum start to elevate and dunk on people. You don't realize how long he is until he stretches out...he's like Gumby
Or Inspector Gadget with his go-go-gadget-arms. He's got this incredible ability to body up to bigger defenders, in the air, and then just stretch his arm past them for a finish.

Maybe his nickname should be Inspector Gadget.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2017, 03:01:10 PM »

Offline drogbagarnett

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37
Ok, I guess we have to find something to complain about when there's really nothing to complain about.

I want to see Jaylen work on his handles big time. I think his wrists are weak. He gets the ball slapped away easily and doesn't have total control of the ball when he's dribbling. He should be doing crazy dribbling drills, dribbling in the dark and use grippers to get his hands stronger. Once he improves his handles, it's going to be scary. If he had handles like Tatum, he'd be unstoppable.

His shot has VASTLY improved.

Please stop going for pump fakes. All you have to do is give Jaylen a head nod and he's jumping out the building. I get so tired of him just jumping trying to block shots.

Ok well that's nitpicky but not much wrong with this team and haven't even been togetehr long enough to develop good chemistry. Fun team to watch.

I think he dribbles too high and doesn't protect the ball enough on drives...
Those are two low hanging fruits he can focus on right away: 1) Dribble low and 2) Cover the ball on drives. Easier said than done but at least this could be his primary focus to marginally improve right away.

My biggest concern over the past 2 or 3 games is Jaylen trying to dunk everything around the basket and coming short on those dunk attempts... Just lay it in man!! That's 4 points a game you are throwing away!!

His dribbling may not be perfect, but he's vastly improved in this area over the summer. This year, when he's pushing the ball up the court or driving to the basket he's under control most of the time. Keep up the good work Jaylen!

I'm hoping, in time, posters in this group will be complaining that he only dribbles as good as Isaiah and not as well as Kyrie. ;)

Sometimes it's not even the dunk attempts that concern me. When he's in close he'll try to lay the ball directly into the basket. Too often it falls short. Wish he would use the backboard more. Jason does this most of the time. In my opinion using the backboard is a much easier layup shot.

Can't agree more with that!
Same applies to Terry Rozier!!
If both of them use the backboard efficiently, I'm sure it's another 4 to 6 points per game added to our offensive ratings.