Author Topic: any kevin smith's fan?  (Read 8232 times)

Re: any kevin smith's fan?
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2010, 03:17:27 AM »

Offline mafalda.vamos

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 6
well, thank you guys
it's a shame that i really don't understand "dogma"
maybe because in asia we just don't have that religious background.
clerks,mallrats,jay and silent bob strike back are my favs.

in clerks 2 and zack & miri make a **, there are great typical Smith's sceans, but generally those two are not very good.
I don't even like basketball! Only God knows why I love Boston Celtics so much...

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2010, 03:37:55 AM »

Offline mafalda.vamos

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 6
also i do like the clerks animations a lot
why the hell there're only 6 episodes?! :'(
I don't even like basketball! Only God knows why I love Boston Celtics so much...

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2010, 03:58:36 PM »

Offline CelticWes34

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 20
37!!!!

Love Mr.Smith.

TP.

****...one of the best parts of that movie..
Carl: And, technically, he's supposed to be spayed, and uh, he ain't that. I know that first hand. Go ahead, ask me how I know. Go ahead. Ask me. Ask me how I know.

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2010, 04:05:30 PM »

Offline CelticWes34

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 20
It seems like most people either like him or hate him. You rarely find someone in the middle. Personally, I think he is hilarious so I pretty much enjoy all of his films, but, honestly, his work in the past is much better than his recent stuff.

My favorites probably include: Dogma, Chasing Amy, Clerks, and Clerks 2 I can watch over and over.

Carl: And, technically, he's supposed to be spayed, and uh, he ain't that. I know that first hand. Go ahead, ask me how I know. Go ahead. Ask me. Ask me how I know.

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2010, 04:06:16 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2010, 05:24:33 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
also i do like the clerks animations a lot
why the hell there're only 6 episodes?! :'(

Well, since they only originally broadcast two of them...

I used to be a mad Kevin Smith fanboy, but...   it just doesn't hold up that well.  

Clerks is still great.  Loved the animated series, too.

Mallrats...  loved it for a long time, but it's kind of weird now.  The whole idea of Brodie needing to "save" his ex-girlfriend from having (consensual) sex...  kinda chauvinistic.   She's a big girl, she can decide for herself if she'd like to engage in "uncomfortable" sex (besides, if it's uncomfortable, you're doing it wrong!).

Bonus negative points for TS's girlfriend (whose name is escaping me) with perhaps the worst acting performance of all time - the kind that would make a seventh-grade drama teacher cringe.  

Chasing Amy...  still very much a male fantasy about lesbians.  Sure, all Joey Lauren Adams needs to become straight is "some serious deep d*cking".  Again...  kind of offensive.  That's *not*  how it works!  Professing your undying love to a woman who happens to be a lesbian is *not* going to turn them straight.  Very juvenile.

Dogma, very interesting flick.  Read the script a year or two before the film came out, and loved it.  Perhaps the worst-looking film of all time.  Horribly executed.

Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back; very funny, although nothing more than a, uh....  [something sexual that Jeff would prefer I not mention, I'm sure] for the fanboys.  

Jersey Girl?  Terrible.

Haven't seen anything else since...  kind of gave up.  Clips I saw of "Cop Out" were as bad as anything I've ever seen.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 06:08:13 PM by the_Bird »

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2010, 06:04:28 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Bonus negative points for TS's girlfriend (whose name is escaping me) with perhaps the worst acting performance of all time - the kind that would make a seventh-grade drama teacher cringe.  

Claire Forlani.  I remember cause I got dragged to Meet Joe Black in the theater, and she made it feel like a 5 hour movie instead of "only" 3.  As talented as she is ugly.

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2010, 07:07:40 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
     The woman in "Chasing Amy" was bi, not a lesbian.Kevin Smith played a big joke on a lot of fans by revealing that the guy characters were bi as well. I fell for the joke. I can't say I appreciated it. lol.

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2010, 07:19:11 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
about to watch dogma right now...

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2011, 08:38:37 AM »

Offline nicole8

• Open Roster Spot
  • Tommy Points: 1
thanks for the sharing this great thread

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2011, 03:54:56 AM »

Offline Rondo9dunx

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 4
Anyone ever seen the movie Vulgar?
Andy Bernard doesnt lose constests. He wins them, or he quits them because they're unfair.

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2011, 07:38:03 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I haven't seen Chasing Amy, Jersey Girl, or Jay and Silent Bob strike back, but I am generally a fan

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2011, 08:51:56 AM »

Offline Papatrichs

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 25
snoochies everyone...