Poll

Do you think Kahwi Leonard comes to Boston?

Yes
14 (15.9%)
No
74 (84.1%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: June 29, 2018, 11:30:27 PM

Author Topic: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)  (Read 119287 times)

Re: Kawhi to Siberia
« Reply #1080 on: July 19, 2018, 02:01:55 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
TOR is a pretty nice town folks, if you never have been there it is very nice.

It's nice a few months a year. I guess it's a plus that NBA players get to fly South for a lot of November-March.

I’d move to Toronto in a heartbeat if my wife and I could find jobs there.

Don't do it! DC needs you!!

It’s too hot here!

Last great mind who made such a move was Descartes to Sweden and we all know how this ended. Just don't it salty.

I grew up only 100 miles from Toronto, so it’s okay.  The comparison isn’t  apt for me.

Re: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)
« Reply #1081 on: July 19, 2018, 02:14:51 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
TOR is a pretty nice town folks, if you never have been there it is very nice.

Yeah, Toronto is a very nice city.

I wouldn't want to live there, though, but that has more to do with the fact I don't have any interest in living in any city (I prefer rural life), and Canada's taxes suck.

« Reply #1082 on: July 19, 2018, 06:52:45 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Not sure if anyone else mentioned this, but Lowe reported the Celtics never made any of their core guys available in a Leonard trade, including Jaylen Brown.

The Spurs never showed interest in packages -- including Boston's -- heavy on picks and unproven players, sources have said. The Celtics would not swap any of their core guys, including Jaylen Brown, perhaps the most interesting Leonard trade chip in the league, without some assurances about Leonard's health and future plans, sources have said.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #1083 on: July 19, 2018, 07:58:25 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I liked us better without him anyways.

« Reply #1084 on: July 19, 2018, 08:13:04 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
Not sure if anyone else mentioned this, but Lowe reported the Celtics never made any of their core guys available in a Leonard trade, including Jaylen Brown.

The Spurs never showed interest in packages -- including Boston's -- heavy on picks and unproven players, sources have said. The Celtics would not swap any of their core guys, including Jaylen Brown, perhaps the most interesting Leonard trade chip in the league, without some assurances about Leonard's health and future plans, sources have said.

Saw this.  This requires one of three conclusions:

1) The Celtics tried to work out a sign and trade involving Marcus Smart
2) The Celtics did not make any offer
3) Zach Lowe is wrong

The Celtics could literally have offered every tradable player under contract, but if they weren’t including any of their top 5, the salaries couldn’t match.

« Reply #1085 on: July 19, 2018, 08:18:17 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

3) Zach Lowe is wrong

The Celtics could literally have offered every tradable player under contract, but if they weren’t including any of their top 5, the salaries couldn’t match.

Or 4) the Celtics made a contingent offer based upon getting the necessary assurances about Kawhi’s health and future plans.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #1086 on: July 19, 2018, 08:27:34 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

3) Zach Lowe is wrong

Or 4) the Celtics made a contingent offer based upon getting the necessary assurances about Kawhi’s health and future plans.

For sure 4 is a possibility, but that’s implied as a separate “offer”.  For the bolded to be true, it has to be one of the three above.  And I’d seen the bolded come from other ESPN reporters too, so it’s possible this is an internal loop at the worldwide leader.

« Reply #1087 on: July 19, 2018, 08:32:27 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

3) Zach Lowe is wrong

For sure 4 is a possibility, but that’s implied as a separate “offer”.  For the bolded to be true, it has to be one of the three above.  And I’d seen the bolded come from other ESPN reporters too, so it’s possible this is an internal loop at the worldwide leader.
They could have just done a sign and trade with Larkin or Monroe with the 1st year being the only guaranteed year in the contract. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #1088 on: July 20, 2018, 07:29:39 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

« Reply #1089 on: July 24, 2018, 02:00:25 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
David Robinson tells me Kawhi Leonard’s departure from San Antonio is “one of the oddest situations I’ve seen since I’ve been in pro basketball." He says he tried to reach out to Kawhi several times in recent months, but never got an answer back.

https://twitter.com/Rachel__Nichols/status/1021509410726797313

« Reply #1090 on: July 25, 2018, 10:05:11 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
For as long as Kawhi has been in San Antonio Kawhi hasn't liked to talk and seen through the prism of the Spurs, it's been a good thing. He's been talked about as the perfect Spur because he was no drama.

The thing is, Tim Duncan was no drama but he was also a great communicator. It turns out that Kawhi's lack of talking isn't him being professional or trying to stay out of drama its that he's a bad communicator. This bodes poorly for his prospects as the leader of a team outside the Spurs system.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #1091 on: July 25, 2018, 10:52:16 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Kawhi passed physical.

Trade is official.

Prediction: Kawhi will come to love Toronto, and sign a long term deal with them. 

If so, they will be our biggest threat in the Eastern Conference.

Not Philly.

« Reply #1092 on: July 25, 2018, 10:58:50 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Kawhi passed physical.

Trade is official.

Prediction: Kawhi will come to love Toronto, and sign a long term deal with them. 

If so, they will be our biggest threat in the Eastern Conference.

Not Philly.
Seeing Philly spurned by FA's, miss out on Kawhi, lose their GM in an absolute fiasco and be relegated to the third best team in the East long-term would be awesome beyond words. Can't stand many of their players and many of their fans
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Re: Kawhi to Siberia
« Reply #1093 on: July 25, 2018, 01:35:20 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Boston is farther away from San Antonio than Toronto, and just as cold.  In basketball terms, the only thing that mattered was that the trading team was in the EC.

No way. Toronto is definitely colder.

Also, probably merge topics?
It is slightly colder, but not significantly. 
https://www.currentresults.com/Weather/Canada/Ontario/Places/toronto-temperatures-by-month-average.php

https://www.currentresults.com/Weather/Massachusetts/Places/boston-temperatures-by-month-average.php

It also gets slightly more snow, though actually snows on significantly more days.

https://www.currentresults.com/Weather/Canada/Ontario/Places/toronto-snowfall-totals-snow-accumulation-averages.php

https://www.currentresults.com/Weather/Massachusetts/Places/boston-snowfall-totals-snow-accumulation-averages.php
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #1094 on: December 28, 2018, 08:49:33 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740
anyone notice that SO FAR this season it's not KL that makes all the difference but actually Lowry?  they beat clips and warriors (and others) w/o Kawhi but don't play as well when Lowry is out.  Tonight they are down 30 to the magic

although in the playoffs of course their ceiling is higher with both