Author Topic: Dexter  (Read 42634 times)

Re: Dexter
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2009, 12:03:07 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I was very not disappointed by this season. I have still yet to see an episode measure up to season one, episode 1, but this whole season just beats the crap out of last season, and for my money sits on par with season 2.

That said, I think this last episode was probably the second best of the season. I really really enjoyed the evolution of Harry from soothsayer and mentor to dark passenger this season. Very high quality.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2009, 02:55:22 AM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
I was very not disappointed by this season. I have still yet to see an episode measure up to season one, episode 1, but this whole season just beats the crap out of last season, and for my money sits on par with season 2.

That said, I think this last episode was probably the second best of the season. I really really enjoyed the evolution of Harry from soothsayer and mentor to dark passenger this season. Very high quality.

This one the only season finale that didn't end on a "happy note" or when Dexter "won".

It was truly a shocker finale.

Great season overall, though many would say it was not as exciting or graphic as prior, still an amazing introspection on what family and finding out what is truly more important in life other than blood thirsty desires.

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2009, 03:59:39 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
I totally didn't expect what happened at the end of the season finale...

I feel like they have a lot of explaining to do at the start of the next season; it doesn't seem like what appears to have happened at first glance actually could be the case.

In other words I'm not convinced it was Trinity
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2009, 02:29:53 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
     Strike everything i said about the show not being as good. The last couple episodes, wow. The finale was as shocking fro me as the season 1 finale. I also stopped and was wondering "is this a dream sequence?"  I just could'nt believe it.  WOW,WOW, and WOW.
     I want to aks you guys some questions but I don't want to reveal spoilers to people who have not seen it. I can't imagine where the show goes from here.There will be questions that a certain character will need to answer.
     You know, I did'nt even really pick up on how harry is the dark passenger side. I was seeing him as some kind of lack of confidence Dexter had in himself but you guys are right.
     Debra is an awesome detective.I really think in the end of this series ,whenver it ends, that debra will be the one to discover Dexter and will decide whether to turn him in or not.I think in the end dexter either winds up in jail facing execution or goes free thanks to Debra.     

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2009, 02:34:41 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Rewatching that Trinity-Dexter scene at the very end of the episode, I wonder if they are going to twist this at the start of the season as being impossible for trinity to have done it and Dexter having to go on a season long search for the person who did kill his wife.

A copycat killer angle would explain away a lot of the explaining Dexter would have to do regarding why Trinity would target Dexter and what interaction they had together.

« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2009, 03:28:18 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
     I could totally see a twist coming. Only, I thought they made a point of batista looking at trinity talking to dex, as he walked by. The big one for me though is Trinity's family. Kyle Butler was a pretty big part of what was going on. I can't even make up a scenario where that wouldn't come back to Dexter.
     I started to question the show's integrity at the end of season 2. I never liked the idea of Dexter being guilt free. I think the mistakes he's made have to cost him.
     The show will need a big ending when it's all done. He's already killed his mom's killer right?
 If what happened in the finale wasn't trinity then i think it should be someone we've seen before. Introducing a copycat just won't seem enough for me. But who could it be? We also can't have EVERYONE being a killer. oooh. i also wonder if Trinity revealed secrets to a certain someone. I'm sure dexter will be wondering that too.

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2009, 03:29:58 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
@#$%^&. when does season  start, already!! HA.

« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2009, 07:15:27 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Just finished watching the season last night. Great stuff, really loved the season. I really liked the ending, pretty much all Rita had to offer was offered, and she was killed in a meaningful way.

I think the idea of a copy cat killing Rita is quite possible, though I don't know who would have the motivation to kill Rita in that particular way at the moment.

I think we will see some sort of custody battle coming next season, particularly with those family members that took the kids on a vacation at the end of the season.

What about the neighbor?

Zero problems with the integrity of the show. Not everyone has to feel remorse or guilt... psychopaths aren't a myth.

« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2009, 07:25:43 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Just finished watching the season last night. Great stuff, really loved the season. I really liked the ending, pretty much all Rita had to offer was offered, and she was killed in a meaningful way.

I think the idea of a copy cat killing Rita is quite possible, though I don't know who would have the motivation to kill Rita in that particular way at the moment.

I think we will see some sort of custody battle coming next season, particularly with those family members that took the kids on a vacation at the end of the season.

What about the neighbor?

Zero problems with the integrity of the show. Not everyone has to feel remorse or guilt... psychopaths aren't a myth.
I think it's got to have something to do with the secret relationship that Rita kept away from Dexter, the one that her mother hinted at. Remember her mother said Dexter was her third bad relationship and it went no further than that? Guy comes back, discovers Rita with someone else's kid and seeing the Trinity killer in the news uses that to pass off killing Rita off on Trinity. Dexter then spends the year researching Rita's past, realizing just how little he knew about her, trying to find this killer of her's because forensics will show that she died well after the time Dexter knows he killed Trinity.

Rita as a ghost having conversations with Harry representing Dexter's Light Passenger vs Harry's Dark Passenger would make a great story line. She could argue for Harry becoming the good father, family man and non killer while Harry continues to convince Dexter he is a natural born killer.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 08:03:42 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2009, 07:53:18 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
I LOVE this show! and the finale was great, definetly didnt see Rita getting killed.  What was funny is I was telling a friend of mine going into that last show that I just dont see how this show could last as a whole for a real long period, bc if you think about it theyve really played a lot of huge hands already with this unique plot that they have.  He's already found and killed his long lost brother, he killed an assistant DA who turned into a serial killer, you have people in the same police department sleeping with reporters who are daughters of serial killers, seargents and lurtenants are getting married.  Another cop already found out his true colors who they had to kill off (Doakes).  I was telling my friend, that up until that last episode I didnt see the show lasting too many more seasons just b/c I mean it would just seem like theyd be playing up the same drama over and over again.

.....but now, after the way this season ended......who knows what theyre gonna do next, and I LOVE IT!
Greg

« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2009, 07:57:05 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

What about the neighbor?

I think it's got to have something to do with the secret relationship that Rita kept away from Dexter, the one that her mother hinted at. Remember her mother said Dexter was her third bad relationship and it went no further than that? Guy comes back, discovers Rita with someone else's kid and seeing the Trinity killer in the news uses that to pass off killing Rita off on Trinity. Dexter then spends the year researching Rita's past, realizing just how little he knew about her, trying to find this killer of her's because forensics will show that she died well after the time Dexter knows he killed Trinity.

Rita as a ghost having conversations with Harry representing Harry's Light Passenger vs Harry's Dark Passenger would make a great story line. She could argue for Harry becoming the good father, family man and non killer while Harry continues to convince Dexter he is a natural born killer.

That seems so spot on that you should've put a spoiler warning on it.

« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2010, 11:08:08 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
I started watching Dexter like a month ago so I basically watched the 4 seasons during that span, and I just finished the finale of season 4... wow. I didn't expect such an ending, gutsy move from the scenarists, and a big cliffhanger!!

Can't wait to see season 5, Dexter's life is going to be even tougher and there are so many questions left unanswered, especially about his future.

Overall, I think that season 1 was the greatest, with season 4 coming at close second (or tied for the first spot), then season 2 and finally season 3. I think the 3rd season was the worst of the 4, it was good overall but in comparison with the others... kind of average.

PS : Am I crazy for thinking of George Karl everytime I saw Trinity in the entire 4th season? I mean, they really look alike! :o

« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2010, 11:40:49 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I started watching Dexter like a month ago so I basically watched the 4 seasons during that span, and I just finished the finale of season 4... wow. I didn't expect such an ending, gutsy move from the scenarists, and a big cliffhanger!!

Can't wait to see season 5, Dexter's life is going to be even tougher and there are so many questions left unanswered, especially about his future.

Overall, I think that season 1 was the greatest, with season 4 coming at close second (or tied for the first spot), then season 2 and finally season 3. I think the 3rd season was the worst of the 4, it was good overall but in comparison with the others... kind of average.

PS : Am I crazy for thinking of George Karl everytime I saw Trinity in the entire 4th season? I mean, they really look alike! :o
Spoiler alert !

I'm pretty upset they killed her off. If Dexter thought he was busy before, it's going to be even tougher to sneak off and kill people while being a single parent.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2010, 01:14:52 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Rita as a ghost having conversations with Harry representing Dexter's Light Passenger vs Harry's Dark Passenger would make a great story line. She could argue for Harry becoming the good father, family man and non killer while Harry continues to convince Dexter he is a natural born killer.

Quote from: EW.com
Now this is what I call a killer twist: Julie Benz is returning to Dexter  — as Rita!

Sources confirm to me exclusively that Benz — whose onscreen murder at the hands of the Trinity Killer was deemed by EW.com to be the most shocking death in TV history — has signed on to reprise her role as Dexter’s late bride in the first episode of season 5 (debuting this fall).

What? How? Why? Keep reading for answers to those three questions and more…

Specific details of Rita’s “resurrection” are being kept under wraps, but I’m told she is not coming back from the dead. New showrunner/executive producer Chip Johannessen also rules out a spectral visit a la Dexter’s late pa, Harry. “We’re not going to do some ghostly thing with her,” he says. Adds fellow exec producer Sara Colleton: “We reserve those for Harry. If you have too many things like that it becomes gimmicky.”

So how exactly will Benz — who will shoot her Dexter episode before starting work on her new ABC drama, No Ordinary Family — be revived? A Showtime rep would only add that the presence of Rita will “help Dexter deal with his newfound feelings of loss and grief — emotions he has never really felt before.”

Color me stumped! Think you have it figured out? Hit the comments with your theories!

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2010, 02:12:52 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

Quote from: EW.com
Now this is what I call a killer twist: Julie Benz is returning to Dexter  — as Rita!

Sources confirm to me exclusively that Benz — whose onscreen murder at the hands of the Trinity Killer was deemed by EW.com to be the most shocking death in TV history — has signed on to reprise her role as Dexter’s late bride in the first episode of season 5 (debuting this fall).

What? How? Why? Keep reading for answers to those three questions and more…

Specific details of Rita’s “resurrection” are being kept under wraps, but I’m told she is not coming back from the dead. New showrunner/executive producer Chip Johannessen also rules out a spectral visit a la Dexter’s late pa, Harry. “We’re not going to do some ghostly thing with her,” he says. Adds fellow exec producer Sara Colleton: “We reserve those for Harry. If you have too many things like that it becomes gimmicky.”

So how exactly will Benz — who will shoot her Dexter episode before starting work on her new ABC drama, No Ordinary Family — be revived? A Showtime rep would only add that the presence of Rita will “help Dexter deal with his newfound feelings of loss and grief — emotions he has never really felt before.”

Color me stumped! Think you have it figured out? Hit the comments with your theories!
It won't be as a ghost like with his dad. They will probably be scenes from his memory an uncovered video left by her or something having to do with the past. She is about as dead as you can possibly be, there is no way she is actually coming back to life.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19